• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Seek Jehovah, seek meekness, seek righteousness. Is Jehovah physical, according to you?
Physical, yes, but definitely not mortal.

I have heard you say that GOD dwells in a body that looks like a man's body. I could not come to believe that under extreme torture, I think. That is what I said about Mitt. I can't vote for someone who believes that is the truth.
I didn't vote for Mitt, despite the fact that he is the same religion as I am. My vote is never really based upon a person's religious beliefs, and I could just as easily vote for someone who believes God has no body as I could vote for someone who believes He has one. To me, this has no bearing whatsoever on how the individual would lead the country, and to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of surprised that you would let a person's beliefs about the physicality of God influence you to such an extent. It just doesn't sound like you. I could vote for a Christian, a Jew or a Muslim without any hesitation if I felt the person was the right one for the job. As long as the person believed in God and would go to God for help and guidance, I'd be okay voting for him. While it would be more difficult for me to vote for someone who does not believe in a Higher Power, if the person in question were @Revoltingest, I might be able to be persuaded -- particularly if it was for the upcoming election and my other choices were Trump and Clinton. :D

I think that The Creator is willing us all to know the truth. That isn't happening. Is it? Are there more than one truths about something?
I agree that God wants us to know the truth about Him, about relationship with Him and what He expects of us. I also agree that it's not happening at present, and that two contradictory beliefs can't both be true.

The LDS say God speaks to them, but the JWs say God is for them. I'll tell you the truth. I would rather go with those who say they actually hear from God. The JWs do not say that. They say God is leading them to figure it out like God can't talk.
LOL! Well, I think I'm going to just zip it at this point. ;)

We could be friends in real life. I think you are wonderful.
That's so nice of you to say! You just made my day.

No, I have never seen you come across as any dogmatic.
Well, I'd say that I make every effort not to, but that wouldn't quite be true. For me, it's not really all that much of an effort, because regardless of how strongly I feel about my beliefs, I have to acknowledge the fact that I could be wrong.

Do you know there is one on the forum who loves you but hates almost everyone?
Hmmm. No I don't. But you've sure got me curious. (Maybe a PM at this point would be in order, so as not to embarrass either my secret admirer or me.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
.....if the person in question were @Revoltingest, I might be able to be persuaded -- particularly if it was for the upcoming election and my other choices were Trump and Clinton. :D
So I'm slightly better than Trump & Clinton, eh.
Reminds me of part of the Monty Python praising Henry Kissinger as having better legs than Hitler.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So I'm slightly better than Trump & Clinton, eh.
Uh... I never said "slightly." But just to clarify, a lot more than "slightly." I just don't know what I'm going to do come November, and I'm trying to not even think about it! I guess I'll maybe have to cast a write-in vote for either you or the Mormon prophet. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Uh... I never said "slightly." But just to clarify, a lot more than "slightly." I just don't know what I'm going to do come November, and I'm trying to not even think about it! I guess I'll maybe have to cast a write-in vote for either you or the Mormon prophet. :D
But are my legs better than Hitler's?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess I will be busy as Hitler always makes a thread go on and on. I do not know if I am happy or sad. :eek: Zombie alien I am. Maybe.
Fortunately, this is not one of those demonizing comparisons to Hitler.
This one will fizzle out.

Notice how I didn't use a contraction above.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Desire: the strong feeling of wanting something.

God can have anything God wants. How is this not true?

Wanting can only happen along with deficiency imo. To teach that God wants is to teach that God is deficient somehow.

Feelings are things that people have. God does not have them except when He is in Jesus.

I believe God can't get what He wants if wants opposite things. It would never happen because God is highly intelligent.

I believe it isn't God that is deficient. God wants two things that don't happen automatically. He wants people to have free will and He wants people to be in harmony with His will.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Feelings are things that people have. God does not have them except when He is in Jesus.
I think this is a good point. I suppose Jesus at times "wanted" to relieve himself.

I believe God can't get what He wants if wants opposite things. It would never happen because God is highly intelligent.
I agree that God does not want opposite things.

I believe it isn't God that is deficient. God wants two things that don't happen automatically. He wants people to have free will and He wants people to be in harmony with His will.
I can't appreciate anyone saying, "God wants" not because God might not want something but because I am sure nobody really knows what God wants or does not want.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are to be believed about everything. It is a JW rule.
2. They have changed their mind about some things.
3. If they change their mind again, the JWs are to get in line with the new view.
4, If anyone who is not the governing body thinks another opinion about something they teach, that person is definitively wrong because the gb are right about that for the present.
5. If the person with a different opinion speaks about it, the JWs call that, "twisting scripture". IF eventually the gb discover it is true and then THEY teach it, it will be called the truth that comes by The Holy Spirit because they believe that the Holy Spirit directs the JW organization.
6. If anyone discovers something by The Holy Spirit before the gb discovers it, then a question. -
7. Are they not accusing The Holy Spirit of twisting scripture?
8. If they do accuse the Holy Spirit, but they do not repent of it, can they rightly assume they will be forgiven?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Governing Body is plural or singular?

Do you understand the question?

Is it right to say the governing body they believe, or is it the Governing Body IT believes?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is written that minds would become blind to understanding. I understand you all. I understand that some of you are faking it. I understand that some of you are :confused: I understand alot. I don't know a lot, but that is me taking to heart that it is not God's will that I find everlasting life through a book.

On the other hand :) few understand me. Does anyone?

Here is some food for thought.

Matthew 13:13-14
Mark 4:12
Mark 8:18
Luke 8:10
Romans 11:8

So. THEY say that because people resist them it is proof that they are being true to Jehovah.

But do you not think that it is interesting that the same rule does not apply to me?

Deuteronomy 29:4

Jesus prophesied that the world will hate God's people. Why does that rule not apply to me?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They believe that being hated is a good sign that they are on the right track. It is just one measuring line that they depend on. OK
If it is a sign for them and is blessed by Jehovah it has to be a sign for me too.

God is not partial. But if being hated is something that identifies that they are for Jehovah it MUST identify me for Jehovah too.

Is that called crooked or straight?

If something is true about them it must be true about me too. That is called straight.

If they believe it is true about them but not true about me that is called crooked.

If Jehovah is really for you you should be able to explain why something is true about YOU but false about someone else.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Deeje a new thread got me thinking about how much you might be liked on this forum. You are liked. Except for one very generous lady, I might have the least likes proportionally to anyone on the forum. That might just mean that I can use your rule that true believers will be hated and that is me!

I have seen you defended by worldly people. I have never been defended on the forum. That makes me right! LOL Or not? You would never think of twisting the words of Jesus. Would you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Antichrist means that which is made to stand in place of The Living God.
People put the Bible, their leaders, their dogma and/or themselves in the place of God.
Anything which takes a person away from their search for Jehovah is rightly an antichrist.

Why must the antichrist come first?

*Interesting that spell check wants to make the a of antichrist a capital letter.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
........The warning is to get out of Babylon the Great MY PEOPLE.
Revelation 18:4
Why is it written that the people of Babylon are God's people?

OK, correction accepted. Why is it written that some of the people of Babylon are God's people?

Last edited:

moorea944

OK, correction accepted. Why is it written that some of the people of Babylon are God's people?

IT's not talking about the old Babylon of old, it's a "type of" Babylon, the Roman pagan system, the Catholic system. We coincide that with the book of Daniel too. You really need to read Daniel first to understand Revelation. Come out of her my people! It' s also talking about "all nations" that have dealt with her too. Dont be involved with her (that false system). "My people", the true believers.

Agondonter

This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23
I would only suggest that you read it in context.