• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

Muffled

Jesus in me
IT's not talking about the old Babylon of old, it's a "type of" Babylon, the Roman pagan system, the Catholic system. We coincide that with the book of Daniel too. You really need to read Daniel first to understand Revelation. Come out of her my people! It' s also talking about "all nations" that have dealt with her too. Dont be involved with her (that false system). "My people", the true believers.

I have never seen any evidence that the Roman Pagan system or The RC church has had anything to do with Babylon.
I believe Babylon was named for the babble of tongues, Find a city where every nation of the world is represented and you have it. I believe the United Nations meets in NYC.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
John 3:13 Acts of the Apostles 2:34

By these two scriptures the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that nobody who died before Jesus will ever go to Heaven.

Even though many people after Jesus lived who are called to Heaven will die before they ever go to Heaven.

@URAVIP2ME Why can't Jehovah resurrect a person to Heaven instead of to Earth?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't be sure if people think that persecution comes from me by me asking questions but I assume that I am in the bunch that she @Deeje means when she says she is being persecuted.

I have not challenged anything that I can not prove (to myself) so I leave blood alone, I leave the Trinity alone, I leave paradise Earth alone et cetera.

I have challenged Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses interpretation of some (a few) scriptures. I am not going to repeat myself here.

So I had a thought. I can say she is right that I use persecution. I don't use it against people. What would be the point?

It has occurred to me that the people of Jehovah's Witnesses and the dogma have become the same thing. I have to think of a question.

People can change, but dogma doesn't change without substantiation, but it is not allowed for Jehovah's Witnesses.

What is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses making?

Sabour

Why does he say that?

Because Jesus peace be upon him came with the message to worship God and God only. He never claimed to be Lord. So when those who believe that he was a lord call him with that, he would tell them to go away.

Quraan

5:116
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

5:117

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because Jesus peace be upon him came with the message to worship God and God only. He never claimed to be Lord. So when those who believe that he was a lord call him with that, he would tell them to go away.

Quraan

5:116
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

5:117

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.
Jesus has influence to lead and to teach. Is this not so?

Is it wrong for me to call him the way, truth and life? John 14:6 Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit
Ephesians 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Sabour

Is it wrong for me to call him the way, truth and life?

As a muslim, I would say that this would depend on what you mean by that.

If it means that at some point he was telling us the way to worship God and only God, and he was a prophet and taught us to do this and that, than it is not wrong. For every prophet at his time, he was the way, truth and life, in some way. Prophets were only humans. God chose them to reveal his messages to humanity through them. They would only be the way, truth and life in that context. Only humans who were chosen to be prophets by God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a muslim, I would say that this would depend on what you mean by that.

If it means that at some point he was telling us the way to worship God and only God, and he was a prophet and taught us to do this and that, than it is not wrong. For every prophet at his time, he was the way, truth and life, in some way. Prophets were only humans. God chose them to reveal his messages to humanity through them. They would only be the way, truth and life in that context. Only humans who were chosen to be prophets by God.
What does life mean to Mohammad?
The way, the truth and the LIFE.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Abu Musa narrates that the Holy Prophet peace be upon him said, “He who remembers his Lord and he who does not are like the living and the dead.”
He who remembers his God is as though living and he who does not remember his God is as though dead. Is this a correct translation?

Sabour

He who remembers his God is as though living and he who does not remember his God is as though dead. Is this a correct translation?

Yeah that is the meaning. That is for the life on earth.

The "life" we were previously discussing, as the words of Jesus peace be upon him, may also mean the afterlife, that is the heaven one would reach if he follows his teachings. For it is said that the "true life" or the "better life" is the life in heaven.

87:16
But you prefer the worldly life,

87:17
While the Hereafter is better and more enduring.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah that is the meaning. That is for the life on earth.

The "life" we were previously discussing, as the words of Jesus peace be upon him, may also mean the afterlife, that is the heaven one would reach if he follows his teachings. For it is said that the "true life" or the "better life" is the life in heaven.

87:16
But you prefer the worldly life,

87:17
While the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
I agree except that I believe a person can live the "afterlife" in this life. I do not think there are two lives a person can life, Just one.

Sabour

I agree except that I believe a person can live the "afterlife" in this life. I do not think there are two lives a person can life, Just one.

I disagree here. The afterlife is perfect that this world would be nothing compared to it. That is what I believe.

In this world, we get hungry, thirsty, need to go to the bathroom, we feel sad, envy, we suffer, and we get sick. There is nothing like that in the afterlife.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I disagree here. The afterlife is perfect that this world would be nothing compared to it. That is what I believe.

In this world, we get hungry, thirsty, need to go to the bathroom, we feel sad, envy, we suffer, and we get sick. There is nothing like that in the afterlife.
There are nothing like those in the righteous life. Most live a hard life but right next to them, or above them, there exists a righteous life. Acts of the Apostles 17:27

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What interpretation of scriptures are you referring to and in what way can't we defend them?
I say to make has been added to Matthew 28:19 and they say, "so what?" Why is it OK with you to make disciple, a verb into disciple, a noun?

18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.+ 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.+ And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”*+

Also, if Jesus is with us how is he coming and why do we need the governing body when we have Jesus himself?

There are many, many more questions. Let's start with those three.