• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have also posted this in the Islam DIR but would appreciate constructive input from others

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Badshah Khan is one thing, Islam is another. Just like Jesus is one thing, Christianity is another. Or the Buddha is one thing, Buddhism is another. Religions are never as good as some of their adherents, Stephen.

I disagree. I guess you meant to say "some" religions are not as good as some of their adherents. :D

Morpheus

Why not just believe that which you believe, without adopting some additional dogma to impose upon yourself?
To not have a label ain't so bad.
Yeah, absolutely. I spent quite a few years seeking my path and I realised God was part of the picture but I didn't want a lable. Not because it limits me but because it limits other people in their perception of me and their interaction with me. I developed my own belief system which had at its core the essential spiritual truths of all the main religions. But I saw a world where none of these religions were doing anthing constructive to healing the world - quite the reverse in fact in many cases. Religion tends to be dogma and I was not signing up for that!
But eventually I found a Faith that answered all my concerns and had the solution for the ills of todays world. I could not NOT sign up, as I would have been untrue to myself.

Morpheus

If you feel that your soul will be evolved by what you are proposing, then do it, as this is why we are here. But don't let that stop you from trying to evolve further, and if you find something else that will evolve you further, follow that. What concerns me with most people is I hear "I already have everything I need, why would look further?" You are either green and growing or ripe and rotting. We must always keep growing and learning and improving. So, go with your heart, but just don't have it lead to a comfy recliner in front of the TV that you can waste the rest of your life in!