• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate prejudice!

Nice false equivalency you have going there. But, you do provide an rather juicy springboard. I'd suggest that tolerance is very much in the eye of the beholder and the moral imperative that drives them.
False equivalency? So holding the views of Nazi's, KKK, or other groups that encourage violence and promote racially driven hatred should be tolerated? The view of these people include voicing and acting on their beliefs. Where do you draw the line? Or do you? Are you saying that a tolerant society will simply accept whatever may come, regardless of the repugnance, or the civil unrest that is caused by their very presence?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I also can't stand intolerance!

Who agrees with me?

If you do not agree, go find yourself another thread and stop bothering us!

Hehe very clever. I may not agree with some of your ideas, but I do appreciate the way you express them. :glomp:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sorry! But it IS a joke!

I guess not everyone shares my rather wicked sense-of-humour. Without it, I just couldn't function in a world like this. :)

People who "know" me realise that I try and cultivate compassion for EVERYONE - even the most bigoted and mis-guided human beings! I don't ALWAYS manage it - I am certainly a work-in-progress.

Terribly sorry if I offended anyone with my little "joke".

Cheers!
You had not put the thread in the joke section so I was stopped until I decided to treat it as a joke.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
False equivalency? So holding the views of Nazi's, KKK, or other groups that encourage violence and promote racially driven hatred should be tolerated? The view of these people include voicing and acting on their beliefs. Where do you draw the line? Or do you? Are you saying that a tolerant society will simply accept whatever may come, regardless of the repugnance, or the civil unrest that is caused by their very presence?
You do seem adept at moving goal posts, I'll give you that. Is it a mood thingy? Tolerated until they become an existential threat. Nazi's today and the KKK have virtually no power whatsoever. They are the fringe of the fringe of the fringe. I feel that it is better to point and laugh at them than to take them terribly seriously. If they even begin to accrue anything approaching political power, such as the KKK had in years gone by, then simply ban them as a group. No need to get in their faces. Let them have their silly parades. Let them strut around like mindless goons. Better that than plotting quietly in darkened rooms and thinking of far more violent forms of amusement.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You had not put the thread in the joke section so I was stopped until I decided to treat it as a joke.

That was all part of my "cunning plan" - I thought I would just let people make up their own minds without smileys giving it away!

My humour definitely isn't for everyone - yo need to be half-crazy to fully appreciate it :)

Hope nobody holds it against me! Next time they will be more aware of my true feelings and philosophy.

Cheers

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't read every post ITT, but, of the ones I did, I'm amused at the amount of people that missed the paradox in the OP.

I'm sorry I didn't see the humor first either, and I love language based funnies. (I believe was blinded by my own inherent bias against bias)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Whats so good about tolerance? I prefer to be valued.

I think we all do!

The word tolerance still has a feeling of judgement about it rather than seeing everyone as being equal and unconditionally worthy.

Some people may find that a little hard to swallow - how can you "love" a mass-murderer for example ... sounds craaaazy I suppose!

Thanks for the post!