• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I do not become a Premium RF member because…..

Heyo

Veteran Member
I like the advertising since it is the closest I will ever get to seeing all the places I wish I could go on a vacation or seeing the places I would want to live! BOOK NOW… I only wish. :(

Besides, how would I know anything about the latest products I might want to buy?
Mind you, I never buy anything; I just like to look at the pictures.
I hate TV commercials but I like the advertisements on RF. :)
I do not become a premium member because
1. I don't have much money to spare
2. I have no credit cards, PayPal or other options to transfer money overseas.
3. Someone said right at the beginning I shouldn't fret, so I didn't.

But if someone can point me to a way how I can become a premium member without getting a credit card or similar, I would.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I like the advertising since it is the closest I will ever get to seeing all the places I wish I could go on a vacation or seeing the places I would want to live! BOOK NOW… I only wish. :(

Besides, how would I know anything about the latest products I might want to buy?

I get the gold prices every time I visit.
And adverts about electric-cars and bicycles.

But the young women's fashion pics are absolutely nothing to do with my personal interests! :(

But a new situation has developed, the advert at the top of this page has been removed by Google, I know because I just popped up there to tell you what the ad content actually is. It seems that Google is moderating my adverts now. But I still have the Gold prices! :)

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I do not become a premium member because
1. I don't have much money to spare
2. I have no credit cards, PayPal or other options to transfer money overseas.
3. Someone said right at the beginning I shouldn't fret, so I didn't.

But if someone can point me to a way how I can become a premium member without getting a credit card or similar, I would.
Very good points, Heyo!
We have one Monthly Direct Debit on our account, and that is for the dongle that connects our computer to the World.
That's it! We don't have ANY other Direct Debits, we pay everything else buy 'pay-as-you-go' or in cash. I do use PayPal for ebay purchases, but that banking system has tightened up security several times over ten years.
So we won't give out our account details at all......

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes, the pretty pictures are all I have -- click here and dream of better days.
Trailblazer...... that is really sad. :(
The only day that matters for a person who owns their home and is clear of debts is today, now, this minute.
You need to make this day a better day....... please.

What we're all talking about here is not 'Vacation' but 'Stacation'! :)
We are learning how to have a really nice holiday here and not in far flung countries where you get horrible tummy upsets (and worse) if you handle the local money, or eat the local foods.

How big is your back garden .... yard? Can you afford to have a nice garden wood summer house put in, with a little veranda, where you can go relax with your cats? Anything! Whatever!

It;'s no good owning all those houses which cause you so much tenancy upsets etc..... I'd flog off the whole lot and think of how to make your home more happy. I would! :)

Brian2

Veteran Member

Interestingly I don't get ads in Australia and I am not a premium member. Your ads are paying for me. Thanks.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Trailblazer...... that is really sad. :(
The only day that matters for a person who owns their home and is clear of debts is today, now, this minute.
You need to make this day a better day....... please.

What we're all talking about here is not 'Vacation' but 'Stacation'! :)
We are learning how to have a really nice holiday here and not in far flung countries where you get horrible tummy upsets (and worse) if you handle the local money, or eat the local foods.

How big is your back garden .... yard? Can you afford to have a nice garden wood summer house put in, with a little veranda, where you can go relax with your cats? Anything! Whatever!

It;'s no good owning all those houses which cause you so much tenancy upsets etc..... I'd flog off the whole lot and think of how to make your home more happy. I would! :)
Thanks for the good wishes but my life is what it is....
No, I do not need a vacation, I just want cats and husband to be well.
There is no yard anymore, it all grew over and I gave it to the wild animals and birds.
Relax, what's that?
My tenants have been stable, no problems except for the one who had not paid the rent in a year, but I will most likely get all the money he owes me from the rental assistance program funded by the federal government die to the pandemic.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I never saw any ads before paying up, perhaps because of Adblock plus and other such but I just liked the site so my conscience pricked me. :rolleyes:
Not that this happens with most sites though. :D
I don't want to see any ads at all - anywhere - ever. :mad:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

The advertising really bugged me, i don't like adverts anyway but c'est la vie and on RF it seemed to take an age for the page i was viewing to render property. To the stage i could be replying to a post and the page would shift as each advert slowly loaded.

My solution, wait for the special offer to come around again and invest in lifetime membership for less than the cost of a couple of pizzas and a drink.

RestlessSoul

I only want to see the ads about vacation destinations and other places to live, but unfortunately I have to see all the ads to get those. :(

Funny, I love looking at photos of far-away places, most of which I will never visit. I can still go there in my head.

When I was a teenager I used to spend hours looking at the pages of an atlas, wondering what it would be like to visit all those exotic spots, like Wales or Basingstoke or Woolamaloo or Bilbao. Still haven’t been to Woolamaloo yet. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t, maybe it doesn’t exit. Doesn’t matter, I love to dream.

I wish you all the best with your tough situation btw. It will pass, as all things do. I’m sure you know that anyway.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Funny, I love looking at photos of far-away places, most of which I will never visit. I can still go there in my head.
1*TnoMppVJNplALm-DZJLOIw.jpeg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am a premium member because someone else paid
for it. And I am deeply embarrassed that I can't remember
who this generous person with such poor judgment is.
But I've narrowed it down.....someone not on staff.

Brian2

Veteran Member
We record all the films we want to see and when we play back the recordings we just race past the ads. :)

That's good if you are organised. My wife is but she has discovered Netflix etc where the ads seem to be more limited in duration. Still annoys her though.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

the blue line at the bottom of this page.....
click it

the click ......default

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's good if you are organised. My wife is but she has discovered Netflix etc where the ads seem to be more limited in duration. Still annoys her though.
We've got a 'Humax' recorder. Brilliant piece of kit.
I can whizz past ads at x64 and still stop at the right place to carry on with the film:)
It might be because the ads are exactly time-limited, possibly?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Im all for free expression formats. I don't believe in paying for something that is free on other platforms.

The ads pays for the ones that are successful provided it dosent get to a point of overkill where it gets so many that people just leave so it's a give or take kind of thing.

Pay to play is just not my thing if it's also offered free here, or elsewhere.