• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I do not become a Premium RF member because…..

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I like the advertising since it is the closest I will ever get to seeing all the places I wish I could go on a vacation or seeing the places I would want to live! BOOK NOW… I only wish. :(

Besides, how would I know anything about the latest products I might want to buy?
Mind you, I never buy anything; I just like to look at the pictures.
I hate TV commercials but I like the advertisements on RF. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Haha, you know, I hadn't thought about that!

I didn't like all the advertisements, but I liked the book ones, and I was often a victim of the ones connected with clothing sites I use.

But, they made RF difficult to use sometimes. They really slowed my computer down. All in all, I don't miss them.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I dont cuz I am content without upgrading and cuz I can't afford it- I live on disability and special assistance

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Haha, you know, I hadn't thought about that!

I didn't like all the advertisements, but I liked the book ones, and I was often a victim of the ones connected with clothing sites I use.

But, they made RF difficult to use sometimes. They really slowed my computer down. All in all, I don't miss them.
I know the difference because when I first signed up I became a Premium member pretty fast because the ads seemed to slow everything down. They still do but I hardly notice it anymore and it is kind of a tradeoff.

I like looking at vacation places and real estate. Before my religious period I used to travel some and I liked looking at real estate and that is one reason I ended up with three houses. Now, even though I have more money than I ever had I cannot go anywhere because of my husband and of course the pandemic.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I know the difference because when I first signed up I became a Premium member pretty fast because the ads seemed to slow everything down. They still do but I hardly notice it anymore and it is kind of a tradeoff.

I like looking at vacation places and real estate. Before my religious period I used to travel some and I liked looking at real estate and that is one reason I ended up with three houses. Now, even though I have more money than I ever had I cannot go anywhere because of my husband and of course the pandemic.

After the pandemic, can you leave him home to care for the cats?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
After the pandemic, can you leave him home to care for the cats?
I guess I could because he would not even care if I went alone, but I won't leave the cats with him if any of them are ill even though he can care for them and he is normally the one who does cat medical care.
But since I am still working I would have to go when I have vacation time.
But it is a moot point because the pandemic is still going on and I won't travel during it. I also don't like traveling alone so I would have to go with a group.

It seems pretty pointless because I would just worry if I was not home because my husband cannot take care of himself. I cannot make him go to the doctor and I am tired of prodding him. He acts like he is dying all the time and I have no way of knowing what his medical condition is. It is probably not serious but how can I know? I think he is just depressed and I really don't think he wants to live. But he won't talk to me so there is nothing I can do. He just gets angry if I say anything so I have learned to keep quiet. I think he is either totally lacking in self-awareness of he is hiding something. I don't want to be alone but I might be better off if he dies unless something changes, and he might be better off too. I am sure that sounds horrible but the situation is horrible and I am just barely hanging on day to day. That is not even to mention if another cat gets sick, after all I have been through, losing six cats in one year.

Yes, the pretty pictures are all I have -- click here and dream of better days.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I could because he would not even care if I went alone, but I won't leave the cats with him if any of them are ill even though he can care for them and he is normally the one who does cat medical care.
But since I am still working I would have to go when I have vacation time.
But it is a moot point because the pandemic is still going on and I won't travel during it. I also don't like traveling alone so I would have to go with a group.

It seems pretty pointless because I would just worry if I was not home because my husband cannot take care of himself. I cannot make him go to the doctor and I am tired of prodding him. He acts like he is dying all the time and I have no way of knowing what his medical condition is. It is probably not serious but how can I know? I think he is just depressed and I really don't think he wants to live. But he won't talk to me so there is nothing I can do. He just gets angry if I say anything so I have learned to keep quiet. I think he is either totally lacking in self-awareness of he is hiding something. I don't want to be alone but I might be better off if he dies unless something changes, and he might be better off too. I am sure that sounds horrible but the situation is horrible and I am just barely hanging on day to day. That is not even to mention if another cat gets sick, after all I have been through, losing six cats in one year.

Yes, the pretty pictures are all I have -- click here and dream of better days.

I get upset looking at faraway places sometimes. I can't go, of course. I haven't got the cash to travel very far, and going with the kids would be highly impractical at this time(even if the pandemic wasn't going on). I used to look at pictures of places to go... but meh. I ain't going, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I like the advertising since it is the closest I will ever get to seeing all the places I wish I could go on a vacation or seeing the places I would want to live! BOOK NOW… I only wish. :(

Besides, how would I know anything about the latest products I might want to buy?
Mind you, I never buy anything; I just like to look at the pictures.
I hate TV commercials but I like the advertisements on RF. :)
Just an FYI...I use firefox for RF set on strict and I don't see any ads. However when I used chrome ads were bad.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I get upset looking at faraway places sometimes. I can't go, of course. I haven't got the cash to travel very far, and going with the kids would be highly impractical at this time(even if the pandemic wasn't going on). I used to look at pictures of places to go... but meh. I ain't going, so I'm not going to dwell on it.
That's probably a good attitude to have. I have also given up on what I know I cannot have, unless something changes. I do not seem to be able to change anything so it will probably not change. Thus I adjust.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Just an FYI...I use firefox for RF set on strict and I don't see any ads. However when I used chrome ads were bad.
I also use Firefox but I never set it for strict. I like to see some ads, at least for now.

Celebrity X Cruises -- BOOK NOW.
Apartments. com -- Search Now

I have three houses but I'd rather be in an apartment.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I also use Firefox but I never set it for strict. I like to see some ads, at least for now.

Celebrity X Cruises -- BOOK NOW.
Apartments. com -- Search Now

I have three houses but I'd rather be in an apartment.

Why?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You forgot how I described this house and my situation with my husband?
Were it not for the cats I would be outa here since I have ample money for an apartment.

We must have different associations with apartments. My experiences remind me of cramped places, noisy(and nosy) neighbors that you can't escape, and lack of storage. And, of course... no good place to put the litter boxes. :(

Were you just wanting an apartment to get away from the unpleasant husband?

We Never Know

No Slack
Were it not for the cats I would be outa here since I have ample money for an apartment.
I couldn't imagine living in an apartment. I did that near 35 years ago for a bit and that was enough.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We must have different associations with apartments. My experiences remind me of cramped places, noisy(and nosy) neighbors that you can't escape, and lack of storage. And, of course... no good place to put the litter boxes. :(
Yes, those were the kinds of apartments I used to live in but I was not talking about those kinds, I was talking about more upscale apartments or senior apartments, but unfortunately they do not take pets. But I do not like close neighbors so this is the place to be, at least for now. God willing it won't be this way forever.
Were you just wanting an apartment to get away from the unpleasant husband?
Partly that, but also to get away from all the clutter and deferred maintenance and the yard that is no longer a yard.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I couldn't imagine living in an apartment. I did that near 35 years ago for a bit and that was enough.
I probably would not fare that well either, as it has been 29 years since I lived in an apartment.
I would rather have a cabin in the woods or in the mountains. I could easily afford to buy one if I wanted one, that's what hurts.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you can find a house in the woods or mountains, and bring all your cats there, what is stopping you from doing it? I ask in a nice way, not to critique you :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you can find a house in the woods or mountains, and bring all your cats there, what is stopping you from doing it? I ask in a nice way, not to critique you :)
Limitations on my free will is stopping me. Do you believe I can do anything I want to do just because I want to do it? I do not believe it works that way. Free will is very limited and it is intertwined with God's will, and thus fate.

Also, I have to consider my husband. As much as my husband is very difficult he is still my husband and I would never leave him unless he asked me to leave. I just cannot be selfish that way, that is not who I am.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Limitations on my free will is stopping me. Do you believe I can do anything I want to do just because I want to do it? I do not believe it works that way. Free will is very limited and it is intertwined with God's will, and thus fate.

Also, I have to consider my husband. As much as my husband is very difficult he is still my husband and I would never leave him unless he asked me to leave. I just cannot be selfish that way, that is not who I am.
Honestly, i agree that leaving your husband is what you maybe should not do, you married him for a reason and for life :)

Yes i believe we humans can do anything we want, but as you say we put limitations on our self. We stop believing that we can do what we actually are capable of doing.
Free will to me means i can do anything i want within a certain limit, according to resources and time. So in a way, humans are free to do it, but we must weight the consequenses of our own actions.