• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't stand 9/11 conspiracy debunkers

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'll bet he was glad to get off that boat!
Yeah. It was a "trawler". The navy used them for all sorts of purposes. But I don't think he saw much action , thank goodness. He was lucky to go in the navy. Educated guys like him in the army got promoted to be officers and mostly died leading their men out of the trenches. Pointless waste. My maternal grandfather tried to sign up in the army, but was under-age and got sussed. Which no doubt is why I am here.......

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Another year gone and the 9/11 debunkers always get a free-pass:

The people who think 9/11 may have been an 'inside job'

Why is it when anyone questions that something that has never happened before can so easily be explained by the simple statement, "Subsequent investigations made it clear that the tower structures were weakened by the inferno from the planes and felled by the weight of collapsing floors."

This is pure fabricated fantasy. No computer model was ever released by NIST showing how they came to the conclusions on how the towers fell. Building 7 explanation is complete hand waving. And no building ever before or since has collapse as result of fire. If it were possibly true terrorists would be using fire to take down buildings everywhere around the world. There is no scientific explanation for how the buildings collapsed on 9/11. The official story is the real conspiracy theory.

All you have to do is say, "made it clear" and debate ends.
And I suppose if a computer model WERE released, you'd accept it? Oh, and buildings collapse as a result of fire all the time.

Kangaroo Feathers

Pretty obvious why you didn't gain the hearts and minds. Most people dislike being invaded.
"But they'll welcome us as liberators!"

Seriously, though, the real problems really came about during the occupation, and as a direct result of "de-Baathification" rather than the invasion itself.

exchemist

Veteran Member
"But they'll welcome us as liberators!"

Seriously, though, the real problems really came about during the occupation, and as a direct result of "de-Baathification" rather than the invasion itself.
True enough.

There were some truly cack-handed incidents, my favourite being the attempt to replace the national flag (red, black, green and white, like those of many Arab countries, beloved by football fans etc and which predated Saddam) with........ a blue, white and yellow one! Now, er, who is it in the Middle East that has a blue and white flag?...........:rolleyes:

Kangaroo Feathers

True enough.

There were some truly cack-handed incidents, my favourite being the attempt to replace the national flag (red, black, green and white, like those of many Arab countries, beloved by football fans etc and which predated Saddam) with........ a blue, white and yellow one! Now, er, who is it in the Middle East that has a blue and white flag?...........:rolleyes:
Also blackballing anyone with Baathist ties from pretty much any employment. That was a big thing. Tribal Republicans like to joke about it "oh, boo hoo, poor widdle terrorists became terrorists because of unemployment?" Turns out, actually, yeah, people DO become radicalised when, on top of destroying their country, you destroy any self respect they may have had as a provider in a highly patriarchal society, not to mention killing family and friends.

For all people love to dump on Arafat and the Palestinians, and despite their many flaws, turns out they have the best track record of deradicalising people effectively. You know how they did it? Give them decent paying jobs and encourage family values (real family values, education, quality time with kids, community infrastructure investment, not the hating gays stuff) Take a radicalized loner, give him the means and encouragement to become a family man, and guess what? Suddenly they feel less urge to blow themselves up to kill a couple of strangers. Of course, you can't use that as a strategy in the West, because "coddling terrorists" is political suicide (thanks again, tribal Conservatives)