• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't stand 9/11 conspiracy debunkers

dfnj

Just before going to bed I had flashes of 9/11 conspiracy theories going through my head. I came downstairs and started watching this gem:

You still can't talk about 9/11. The cognitive dissonance still makes people sick to their stomach and lash out flames of vitriol.

I'm sure within moments the 9/11 debunkers will start posting how delusional I am bla bla bla

Time to chill and return back to my protective bubble so I can sleep. Oh hug me your warmth Iron Butterfly and show me the way back to the garden:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
These people are the most likely to explain away the evidence. Engineering types, such as myself, tend to believe the evidence as presented, and I watched the event on UK TV as it unfolded. It hardly makes sense to me that the US would conspire to do this - and one has only to watch Bush's reaction to being told about the incidents to recognise this - unless one believes he was not in the picture. There are often bits of the puzzle missing or that conflict but that hardly means they then endorse a completely different conclusion.

Much the same goes for the moon-landing conspiracy believers.

Edit: I do realise that we can be mistaken, but we have to look at the evidence, how any cover-up might occur, and if this then tips the balance. The only conspiracy theory I do have problems with is the JFK assassination, since there were just too many wanting him dead and a lot of messing with the evidence. I'm still open on that one - which Is why I would want my own personal time-machine.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm sure within moments the 9/11 debunkers will start posting how delusional I am bla bla bla

If that troubles you and you genuinely cannot stand debunkers, why have you posted a thread that effectively invites them to challenge your conspiracy theories in the historical debate section of an internet forum? It seems to make as little sense as the conspiracy theories themselves.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I can't stand 9/11 conspiracy debunkers
[*content removed by RF staff*]

Yet regardless of what facts you show them, they've already made their minds up.... By being told what they should think by their Leaders. :rolleyes:

In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

exchemist

Veteran Member
If that troubles you and you genuinely cannot stand debunkers, why have you posted a thread that effectively invites them to challenge your conspiracy theories in the historical debate section of an internet forum? It seems to make as little sense as the conspiracy theories themselves.
Flamebait, perhaps?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As per usual, believers and non-believers, like religions, and often formed from incomplete evidence. I couldn't care less either way, since I have as little chance at getting to the truth as anyone else - but some seem to think they can. :rolleyes:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
[[*content removed by RF staff*]

Yet regardless of what facts you show them, they've already made their minds up.... By being told what they should think by their Leaders. :rolleyes:

Can you prove that wasn't made up or doctored?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As per usual, believers and non-believers, like religions, and often formed from incomplete evidence. I couldn't care less either way, since I have as little chance at getting to the truth as anyone else - but some seem to think they can. :rolleyes:

A great attitude to take, I think.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This stupid **** again? Siiiiigh....

Six really stupid 9/11 conspiracies
Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - The Planes
9/11 conspiracy theories debunked
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hunt-the-boeing/
Top 5 Reasons 9/11 Was NOT an Inside Job! | History Rundown

I would love to have a Venn diagram representing 9/11 hoaxers, moon landing hoaxers, climate change deniers, evolution deniers, anti-vaxxers, and flat earthers. It would be interesting to see what the overlap would look like.

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
Can you prove that wasn't made up or doctored?
That video was clearly made up, and was used on a majority of news channels...

There are loads more videos showing how many of the videos are clearly faked, and we'd have to be ignorant to ignore all the evidence.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
That video was clearly made up, and was used on a majority of news channels...

There are loads more videos showing how many of the videos are clearly faked, and we'd have to be ignorant to ignore all the evidence.

On both sides?

exchemist

Veteran Member
This stupid **** again? Siiiiigh....

Six really stupid 9/11 conspiracies
Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - The Planes
9/11 conspiracy theories debunked
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hunt-the-boeing/
Top 5 Reasons 9/11 Was NOT an Inside Job! | History Rundown

I would love to have a Venn diagram representing of 9/11 hoaxers, moon landing hoaxers, climate change deniers, evolution deniers, anti-vaxxers, and flat earthers. It would be interesting to see what the overlap would look like.

What about chemtrailers? :D

More seriously, there is a good article about the psychology involved here: The Fascinating Psychology of Conspiracy Theories

This identifies that people who go in for conspiracy theories have generally a distrustful attitude to life. It mentions two pieces of research, one in the US and one in the UK that indeed found people who believe one conspiracy theory are inclined to believe others as well, often blaming "elites" of one sort or another.

(However, as I qualify for membership of quite a number* of these "elites", my view that these conspiracy theories are delusional can be dismissed out of hand, of course. ;) )

* White, old, male, European, university graduate, professional, career in oil industry......

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
The footage of the JFK assassination has been questioned as being doctored.

The term 'conspiracy theory' was encouraged by the CIA to debunk the JFK assassination, and people today now use it as if they're being original.

I'm not going to debate the cases.... Just feel sorry for anyone who doesn't question.

I assume you have checked the random chap off the internetz' claim that said building is 'clearly behind' the tower (as to me it very much looks like it is in front of the tower).

One wouldn't want to simply told what to think after all as that would be 'mentally deficient'... ;)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
These people are the most likely to explain away the evidence. Engineering types, such as myself, tend to believe the evidence as presented, and I watched the event on UK TV as it unfolded. It hardly makes sense to me that the US would conspire to do this - and one has only to watch Bush's reaction to being told about the incidents to recognise this - unless one believes he was not in the picture. There are often bits of the puzzle missing or that conflict but that hardly means they then endorse a completely different conclusion.

Much the same goes for the moon-landing conspiracy believers.

Edit: I do realise that we can be mistaken, but we have to look at the evidence, how any cover-up might occur, and if this then tips the balance. The only conspiracy theory I do have problems with is the JFK assassination, since there were just too many wanting him dead and a lot of messing with the evidence. I'm still open on that one - which Is why I would want my own personal time-machine.
Ex military with demolitions/EOD training, no way those towers were rigged without anyone noticing, and no, "pull it" is not a commonly used term in demolitions.

Now, if your 9/11 conspiracy theory rests on anything other than controlled demolitions, maybe you can support it. But there is simply no way you could have achieved what happened on 9/11 with explosives.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As saying previously people who are anti-conspiracist are mentally deficient...

The term 'conspiracy theory' was made up by the CIA to debunk the JFK assassination, and people today now use it as if they're being original.

I'm not going to debate the cases.... Just feel sorry for anyone who doesn't question.

Many of us always question things. Some of us have difficulties with the perspectives people are coming from when they often have little technical knowledge to support them though. Almost like wishful thinking?

How many conspiracy theories do you accept or reject?