• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans Vs. Any Other Spices

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry for the title, but it's a play on words from another thread I created the other day.

What are your favorite spices...the ones you can't live without?

And as a supplement to @Vinayaka's fallout shelter thread, if you could only pick three, which three of your favorites would you pick?

In my cabinet are:
  • Red chili powder
  • Black pepper
  • Garam masala
  • Old Bay
  • Turmeric
  • Salt (technically a mineral, not a spice)
All of them I consider my favorites, because, depending on the dish, they go on just about everything I eat.

My fallout shelter spices would be:
  • Red chili powder
  • Black Pepper
  • Salt
Then again, Old Bay has all three of these, so I could cheat and just do Old Bay, garam masala, and turmeric, and live with the proportion issues.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Garam masala is a mix, so you're allowing mixes?
That's a good point...and so is Old Bay.

I think we can allow for mixes for the purpose of this thread, only because separating them once they're blended to make another combination would be an arduous process.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Black pepper
Ginger
Garlic or Onion powder can't decide which I want most.
I thought about garlic and hot peppers, but decided since I had them on my 'food' list in the other thread, I better pick something else.