• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huge gap between humans and animals

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What makes you think that someone might think that?
And just thinking of you kicking that misplaced Doberman makes me shudder\. How horrible. It doesn't really make you superior in God's eyes that you dominate with cruelty. God helped me to change certain aspects of my personality. He can do so for you, too, if you reach out to Him. Knowing we are all imperfect -- inclined to wrongdoing -- you still must keep reaching out to God for help if you realize you are wrong. But I thank you for revealing yourself. The entire human race needs help from above. It will come in time.
actually.....I don't kick dogs
I use my hands

and if you live alone with an animal that can kill you.....
you NEED absolute control

and someone else posted that men and whales are the same thing
ask them about that

and as for God creating Man.....I quote scripture....

Go forth, be fruitful......DOMINATE....all things

that would be Man as a species.....Day Six

Chapter Two follows...
an alteration took place
and we are no longer that animal of Day Six

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We have a couple of fairly minor changes: language and abstract thought. Both are extensions of what we see in other animals. We have them to a much greater degree, though. is that significant?
minor.....?changes

and no....the abstract is not what we see in animals

Einstein, deVinci, van Gogh, Goddard, Newton,

so forth and so on

no animal even close

not even to humble......me

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I use my hands

ask them about that

Chapter Two follows...
an alteration took place
Look, I doubt I would want to live with a dangerous animal, and that includes snakes that could get out of their cages and strangle a person. In a closed setting, that is. Further, when God said to dominate the animals, I don't have to be told but that He did not mean with cruelty. Actually, if you're going to look at it that way (by force or worse, cruelty), remember that for Adam to dominate Eve, it was a punishment, not the way God originally intended. It's a long story.

YoursTrue

I use my hands

ask them about that

Chapter Two follows...
an alteration took place
I agree with your last statement, although I don't call human beings animals in that category unless they behave as such. We are no longer as God originally intended for or hoped for Adam and Eve. Although we can try to follow what the Bible says. Notice another scripture, Ecclesiastes 8:9 - All this I saw, keeping my mind on all the work that was done under the sun, at a time when man had control of man to his own harm.

YoursTrue

I use my hands

ask them about that

Chapter Two follows...
an alteration took place
I honestly sense that you are basically a good person.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Look, I doubt I would want to live with a dangerous animal, and that includes snakes that could get out of their cages and strangle a person. In a closed setting, that is. Further, when God said to dominate the animals, I don't have to be told but that He did not mean with cruelty. Actually, if you're going to look at it that way (by force or worse, cruelty), remember that for Adam to dominate Eve, it was a punishment, not the way God originally intended. It's a long story.
well gee......I sure don't read Genesis like you do

good luck

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We are no longer as God originally intended for or hoped for Adam and Eve.
no really.....

Man was going to over run the planet and it's resources LONG before any
sense of spirit would gel

Day Six......Man as a species....male and female
no names
no garden
no law
no tree of knowledge or life
no forbiddance......of any kind

maybe you have noticed the behavior of primates?
in many ways.....and I hesitate to say it
they are much like us

the females prostitute themselves to hierarchy of the troop
the offspring learn to snatch and run
might makes right

in many ways....we humans have yet to rise above the flesh

Chapter Two is a display of manipulation
alteration of the body and mind of a Chosen specimen
in ideal living conditions
he was cloned
the clone was altered to form a female
Adam was given his twin sister for a bride
Eve was not born of woman....no navel

and the forbidden fruit.....not present on Day Six
was then presented

it was a test
to be sure Man would be that creature curious.....even as death is consequence pending

they passed the test

and the two specimens were released back into the environment

of course.....to them.....
THAT would seem like punishment

Bear Wild

The noosphere is simply that layer of physical reality where the operation of the mind is a primary concern. It doesnt presuppose any behind the scenes magic.

I admit I am not up to date on the noosphere concept but the noosphere from what I have read in regards to Teilhard de Cardin is described as the collective human consciousness resulting from evolutionary advancement. This is related to the collective social networks links with growing human awareness which creates the collective consciousness. With the accumulation of information then will result in a super-consciousness when it gets to a critical density. or thinking layer described as a mental sheath above the planet. This separates it from the biosphere.

Verndansky describes the technological advances creating a mutational transition from the biosphere to the noosphere. He includes a biogeochemical combustion with the growth of the free energy in the biosphere until it changes into the noosphere.

Reiser describes psi fields and a world Sensorium which include the interaction of DNA and Earths radiation belts. You have cultural evolution generating another layer superimposed on the biosphere. A sheet of humanized and socialized matter called the noosphere.

You have others describing a global brain as the electronic communication integration as if it is a neurologic like connection or technosphere.

Then there is the Global Consciousness Project. They “hypothesize that there will be structure in what should be random data, associated with major global events that engage our minds and hearts”

The Institute of Noetic Sciences “hypothesize that everything is interconnected, and that embodying that awareness reveals information and energy not limited by space and time, which can create breakthroughs in transformation, innovation, and well-being.”

I have a lot more to read to fully understand (if I can fully understand) this concept. I agree humans have interconnected electronically through technology in a way that has not existed before but see this as a Social development and not a new evolutionary sphere outside or above the biosphere. Humans exist in the biosphere using elements of the biosphere to communicate more efficiently but are still in the biosphere which we are dependent on and not separate from.

Bear Wild

Teach a human how to drive a car, regardless of his conditions, he'll learn how to drive it,
try to teach a monkey how to drive a car and see if it can.
Run out of fuel and the monkey can drive the car as well as the human. Our advance technology is still energy dependent. If the electricity goes out how much different are we?

YoursTrue

The gap between us and fish is smaller than the gap between us and, say, lobsters. But it is larger than the gap between us and chimps.

To say whether it is 'significant' depends on what you want to study. if you are interested in some aspects common to all vertebrates, the gap is not significant. if you are interested in mental abilities, the gap is significant.
The gap, yes the gap.

YoursTrue

Run out of fuel and the monkey can drive the car as well as the human. Our advance technology is still energy dependent. If the electricity goes out how much different are we?
Depends. According to the history of mankind (not monkeys), quite a bit different. How come it took so long (according to some, millions of years of longevity of humankind) for mankind to suddenly make the explosion within the past decades in utilizing fuel, but monkeys, apes, shrimp, whales stay static for far longer. Humans have that capability, apparently (<g>) whales, monkeys and gorillas do not. Or maybe they just don't feel the need for that. You think?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends. According to the history of mankind (not monkeys), quite a bit different. How come it took so long (according to some, millions of years of longevity of humankind) for mankind to suddenly make the explosion within the past decades in utilizing fuel, but monkeys, apes, shrimp, whales stay static for far longer. Humans have that capability, apparently (<g>) whales, monkeys and gorillas do not. Or maybe they just don't feel the need for that. You think?

Well, one thing to realize is that a million years is a *short* time period. So the few thousand years we have had writing is an incredibly short time period. The hundred or so years we've had electricity is a mere instant. To judge that other species are lagging behind because they are slightly later out of the gate is a bit strange, it seems.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why only humans are different than the rest of animals in terms of thinking, talking and the way of living, no animal can be compared to humans?

In reality, we are a lot more alike then we are different.
A lot of faculties and traits that people traditionally saw as "human only", aren't in fact human only at all and are instead share with most great apes.

Why we can't even see animals in midway between humans and animals in
terms of thinking, talking and the ability to invent ..etc?

What do you mean "midway"?
This doesn't make any sense to me. Other species are on their own evolutionary path.
It's our lineage that evolved into homo sapiens. Chimps won't become homo sapiens a million years from now. Evolution doesn't work that way.

How that is explained by science, we can see different kinds of animals horses, donkeys, dogs,
different kind of birds, but why humans are unique?

Every species is unique in its own way. That's kind of what distinguishes them from other species as a species on their own.....

If chimps weren't unique, they wouldn't be chimps. Then they would be gorilla's or oerang oetangs or what have you.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In reality, we are a lot more alike then we are different.
A lot of faculties and traits that people traditionally saw as "human only", aren't in fact human only at all and are instead share with most great apes.

What do you mean "midway"?
This doesn't make any sense to me. Other species are on their own evolutionary path.
It's our lineage that evolved into homo sapiens. Chimps won't become homo sapiens a million years from now. Evolution doesn't work that way.

Every species is unique in its own way. That's kind of what distinguishes them from other species as a species on their own.....

If chimps weren't unique, they wouldn't be chimps. Then they would be gorilla's or oerang oetangs or what have you.

Already have been discussed, won't repeat discussion from the start