• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you kill this thing?

How would you propose to kill this thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draka

Wonder Woman
Considering I'm arachnophobic anyway and start screaming like a little girl when any spider gets on me; I'd run as fast as I could, as far as I could, screaming at the top of my lungs. Yeah, I'd look REALLY cool! :cool:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Solpugids are arachnids but aren't really true spiders. Their jaws are completely different and they don't have poison glands. They're scarey-looking and get pretty big but aren't really dangerous.
I've caught them in my yard before and once a four or five cm specimen I was keeping in a terrerium managed to get loose in the house. I found it a week later squashed under a rug by the front door.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
If that is truly a spider, I wouldn't get a chance to kill it. I would absolutely (and I mean this seriously) die of fright before I could even get my mind around what I was seeing. You have no idea how terrified I am of spiders.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I do like the nail gun idea. But for those of you who are terrified, thier is a sniper riffle known as God. You can shoot a ping pong ball from a mile away with it, due to its high accuracy and powerful scope. $10 (for one bullet) could allow you to safly kill such a large spider from a safe distance (if it held still).

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I wouldn't. I don't like to directly kill anything unless it attacks me first. Those two were being pulled out of their hole in the ground, what did they do to deserve death like that?

Circle_One

First, I'd detach the TWO of them, since it's not one whole spider, but two holding on to one another, and then I'd let them go. They've done nothing to deserve my killing them.

yuvgotmel

Circle_One said:
First, I'd detach the TWO of them, since it's not one whole spider, but two holding on to one another, and then I'd let them go. They've done nothing to deserve my killing them.

That is really sweet (or brave) of you C1. I'm not sure whether that classifies you as an animal lover or a masochist!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Just so you know, I wouldn't kill it either---I'd run like h*** and not look back!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
That is one malnourished, sick looking lobster.

Sorry to be a party pooper but being a Hindu and a believer of Ahimsa, I won’t kill it unless it's self defense. If it begins to attack me, I’ll hightail it out of there so fast….then call darkpenguin to keep it as a pet!

darkpenguin said:
OOOOHHHH YAAAAAY a new pet for me!

I wanna love it and hug it and pet it and make it mine forever and ever :D

BFD_Zayl

unless it is in an area i need to be "a bed, or my room..or house" i leave it be, if it is in my way i will kill it, if it tries to attack, if i have the option i will backoff and let it wander home...thats a camel spider, a dangerous one, the bite begins necrosis of the surrounding tissue, unless you get treatment you die a slow horrible painful death, which in the end makes you hard to reconize as human, except for your humanoid shape...which is still distorted due to bloating

Circle_One

BFD_Zayl said:
unless it is in an area i need to be "a bed, or my room..or house" i leave it be, if it is in my way i will kill it, if it tries to attack, if i have the option i will backoff and let it wander home...thats a camel spider, a dangerous one, the bite begins necrosis of the surrounding tissue, unless you get treatment you die a slow horrible painful death, which in the end makes you hard to reconize as human, except for your humanoid shape...which is still distorted due to bloating

Actually, that's not true. Camel Spiders are non-venomous.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For heavens sake, folks. They're not lobsters. They're not scorpions. They're not spiders; and a big one is about the length of your finger.

They're solpugids, AKA windscorpions. In some regions they're known locally as camel spiders. Some species grow pretty big but none are the size of lobsters.

They're non-poisonous arachnids with bizarre four part jaws. They're really fierce and dangerous -- if you're a grasshopper. I 'm sure they could give a person a painful nip but they're not really dangerous. (Still, I keep my hands well away when I come across them).

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
BFD_Zayl said:
...thats a camel spider, a dangerous one, the bite begins necrosis of the surrounding tissue, unless you get treatment you die a slow horrible painful death, which in the end makes you hard to reconize as human, except for your humanoid shape...which is still distorted due to bloating
Nice picture...if a trifle hysterical.
Necrotising Arachnidism is usually caused by a bacteria that tends to mooch around on spidey teeth, not by spidey venom. It doesn't tend to kill people, either, but it can be quite debilitating on a long term basis.