• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Use the Quote Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Its mq not hq its between quote and qr(quick reply)

Thanks Iti oj. On my screen it is just a plus sign, but when I click it, it toggles to a minus sign. Ah, I got it to work all the quotes in the post are included in the reply.

Is there any easy way to include quotes from two different posts?

Ohhhhh, got it. Thanks.

I though the above is what you were asking about....

On A Side Note...
You can insert quotes from other threads using the same method, it just has a few extra steps.

I though the above is what you were asking about....

On A Side Note...
You can insert quotes from other threads using the same method, it just has a few extra steps.
Like this

On A Side Note...
You can insert quotes from other threads using the same method, it just has a few extra steps

The quote brackets jump to the top instead of wrapping around text

mickle shawn

If you like, you can hit the Preview Post button to go over your post before submission.
***staff edit***

Last edited by a moderator:

Petson

Petson
Thanks for the information sure I am going to follow the rule and regulation, but I have a doubt that How can I leave signature link in the comment or after completing 10 or 20 post i am able to leave a signature link please let me know. :sorry1:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Good day my dear sir, may the Lord bless this day for you, We thank you for your comment.

My apologies, I really thought you posted here in this thread by mistake. Happens sometimes. Sorry, I didn't mean to say it in a sarcastic-like way.

Whats Ina Name

Testing it out
Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.

I think I got it...

If you want to quote more than one post in a single response, look for this button right next to the regular Quote link.

Click that on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last post, click the regular Quote button.

Your reply screen will contain all the posts you quoted, in the order you selected, like this (without the spaces):

[ quote=Storm;2065801 ]Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.[ /quote ]

[ quote=Storm;2065836 ]At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button: [ /quote ][/
If you want to quote more than one post in a single response, look for this button right next to the regular Quote link.

Click that on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last post, click the regular Quote button.

Your reply screen will contain all the posts you quoted, in the order you selected, like this (without the spaces):

[ quote=Storm;2065801 ]Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.[ /quote ]

[ quote=Storm;2065836 ]At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button: [ /quote ]
]
At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button:

Click that, and it will take you to a reply screen that looks like this:

QuoteTutorialScreenshot1.jpg

Leaving the "=Username;#######" will embed a link back to the post you quoted, like this:

Now, you just enter your reply.

If you like, you can hit the Preview Post button to go over your post before submission.

Once you're ready, hit Submit Reply, and your post will be added to the thread.

Easy peasey. :)
Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
test

testing

Feel free to use this thread for practice.[ /quote ]testing

[ quote=Storm;2065836 ]At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button: [ /quote ]
testing
How do you get the quote at the bottom of the page?
testing

Now that you've got the basics of quoting down, we'll go onto dividing quotes. There are two ways to do this, but they start the same.

Quote the post as normal.

Highlight the closing quote tag (it looks like this, without the spaces: [ / quote ]) and either copy/ paste, or drag it to where you want the first division. This will close the quote box when you submit your reply, like this.

Enter your reply, and proceed to the next point.

Now, for your second quote box, you have two options. You can either type in the tags yourself, or use the handy dandy button up top:
QuoteTutorialScreenshot2.jpg

To use the tagging button, highlight the text you want in the quote box, then click the icon. The results will look like this when you submit your reply:
You can divide as many times as you want.

If you want the link to the quoted post embedded in each box, just copy/ paste the code from the first one.
Now that you've got the basics of quoting down, we'll go onto dividing quotes. There are two ways to do this, but they start the same.

Quote the post as normal.

Highlight the closing quote tag (it looks like this, without the spaces: [ / quote ]) and either copy/ paste, or drag it to where you want the first division. This will close the quote box when you submit your reply, like this.

Enter your reply, and proceed to the next point.

Now, for your second quote box, you have two options. You can either type in the tags yourself, or use the handy dandy button up top:
QuoteTutorialScreenshot2.jpg

To use the tagging button, highlight the text you want in the quote box, then click the icon. The results will look like this when you submit your reply:
You can divide as many times as you want.

If you want the link to the quoted post embedded in each box, just copy/ paste the code from the first one.

entering reply

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Just a heads up...
Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the post you are replying to to load up in the reply box.

Feel free to use this thread for practice

Status
Not open for further replies.