• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Use the Quote Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avoice

At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button:

Click that, and it will take you to a reply screen that looks like this:

QuoteTutorialScreenshot1.jpg

Leaving the "=Username;#######" will embed a link back to the post you quoted, like this:

Now, you just enter your reply.

If you like, you can hit the Preview Post button to go over your post before submission.

Once you're ready, hit Submit Reply, and your post will be added to the thread.

Easy peasey. :)

:cool:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
O.P 's signature says: "Check out my shiny new blog, Knitting In Church!"

Plz note..Now this bog does not exist. "Blog not found"

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.
testing testing........

Feel free to use this thread for practice.
testing testing......

vishnu

how do i put quotes below my posts?
i'm not talking about quoting others but putting quotes below my posts

PanSpiritus616

Spirit Andromeda
:sorry1:
Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

How to do if you are a gynecologist and ask to do an abortion for in incest case or rape case of a child under 15 y is it a curse for me ? Or must i let her go and seek unprofessionel help with the risk for her own life ? I am become recently a cristian so as most as possible i dont do abortion any more but as a professional i know my job very well should I asked forgiveniss for the Lord and help her or should I send her away in the un known with a high risk? I know a lot of cases in my county and neighbour country where teenagers lost ther life because they dont receive professional help. I am ver confused i pray the lord for the answer i want to serve him and him alone and i dont want to be part of a curse! What is your deep christian feeling about this case? Thanks a lot and God bless you!

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you want to quote more than one post in a single response, look for this button right next to the regular Quote link.

I have never seen this HQ button. Where exactly am I supposed to see it? And why might I not be seeing it?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Its mq not hq its between quote and qr(quick reply)

Thanks Iti oj. On my screen it is just a plus sign, but when I click it, it toggles to a minus sign. Ah, I got it to work all the quotes in the post are included in the reply.

Is there any easy way to include quotes from two different posts?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
testing 2, testing2
one post

Thanks Iti oj. On my screen it is just a plus sign, but when I click it, it toggles to a minus sign. Ah, I got it to work all the quotes in the post are included in the reply.

Is there any easy way to include quotes from two different posts?

Two posts.
What you do is you click mq(multi quote) for all but the last post you want to quote. The last one you click quote and then all the posts taged with mq will be quoted in your posts.

Like you did above. Unless did you mean different threads?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

from page 1

I'm new at this site
From page 2
within the [ and ] there are no spaces.
so [ quote] and [ /quote] will not work (please note the spaces in those two tags)

when you remove the spaces:
Another thing to try:
quote a post and look at the tags (what is within the [ and ] that do not show up when you preview the post)
you can also use the quote button:
wmi2za.jpg

highlight what you want quoted, hit that button and it will put the quote tags around what you have highlighted.
from page 3

George-ananda

Premium Member
What you do is you click mq(multi quote) for all but the last post you want to quote. The last one you click quote and then all the posts taged with mq will be quoted in your posts.

Ohhhhh, got it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.