• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Much Do You Doubt God's Existence?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
That the expansion of the universe, the Big Bang, was a transition from one form of the universe to another.
The universe is continually changing its form. Change is the only thing that is constant.

If God has to be constant then I would have to say the only God is change itself.
That's a whole "thing" in sci-fi work of Octavia Butler's from the 90s.
"All you touch
You change.
All that you change
Changes you.
The only lasting truth
Is change.
God
Is change."

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think there’s evidence besides the Bible; creation, life…

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Romans 1: 20-21

That's the thing about evidence. Each of us getting to decide what evidence is and what it is evidence of. Doesn't seem to be a universal standard for that.

I believe those who wrote the biblical scriptures were inspired by God, moved by the Holy Spirit…

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,..
2 Timothy 3:16

…knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
1 Peter 1:20-21

Have you ever felt moved by the spirit?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This is an enlightening idea. In a way it makes sense since that in order for god to come into Mary's home and have sex with here he must be male.

Apparently, you have no idea of the message ;)

But nice try.

Sargonski

MAGIC (or the supernatural) is only undiscovered science. True?

Of course .. if you were to show up 7000 years ago with modern technology you would be worshiped as a God. Or Hell .. never mind that .. the communicators used in the early days fo Star Trek were "Magic" .. now we call these things Iphones.

Sargonski

That's the thing about evidence. Each of us getting to decide what evidence is and what it is evidence of. Doesn't seem to be a universal standard for that.

Have you ever felt moved by the spirit?

Oh yes .. The other day I blew one out so big I thought I was slightly lifted from my Chair.. You know what "The Spirit" is right :) heh heh heh

Sargonski

Well, hopefully the turbulence was kept to a minimal.
The departing ghost of something you ate...

Very close --- the term spirit comes from the breath .. If someone was breathing .... they were alive .. if not .. dead. So yes .. the Spirit leaving the body is one's last Breath so to speak .. and thus by analogy .. definitely the departing ghost of Last nights Chili which was full of magical fruit.

Sargonski

First off, you introduced (x), i provided some of my reasons i post 36. You don't like it then tough.

Then there are about 6 billion people with belief in a god or gods, every belief is different, don't ask me to redefine what you or believers in general cannot define.

My claim is not proven wong and throwing strawmen into the argument doesn't help. The sum and moon have little to do with it... Though admittedly,both have been considered gods.

Yes there is evidence for the existence of water in the universe.
And aliens? Why not leprechauns?

Now don't tell me what to do.

No one asked you to define what others think God is.. it is not their claims about God which we are discussing but yours . Hence, in order to make sense of what you are trying to say .. we need to know what your definition of God is. What is it that you are claiming not to exist .

What a silly willy that you do know what your claim is .. and cry out "my claim is not proven wrong" -- when you don't have a claim until you define what the heck you are talking about.

We didnt have evidence for water in the Universe 100 years ago .. Duh .. and yes .. as you state .. we now have evidence .. and have proven water exists on other planets .. which proves your claim False. Absense of evidence for Water did not prove that water doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. Good Grief Charlie Brown

Appeal to Ignorance​

This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
First, is it possible even within the animal kingdom to have offspring without the union of male and female?
Yes. (I know you weren't asking me, but I'm kind of a biologist)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No one asked you to define what others think God is.. it is not their claims about God which we are discussing but yours . Hence, in order to make sense of what you are trying to say .. we need to know what your definition of God is. What is it that you are claiming not to exist .

What a silly willy that you do know what your claim is .. and cry out "my claim is not proven wrong" -- when you don't have a claim until you define what the heck you are talking about.

We didnt have evidence for water in the Universe 100 years ago .. Duh .. and yes .. as you state .. we now have evidence .. and have proven water exists on other planets .. which proves your claim False. Absense of evidence for Water did not prove that water doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. Good Grief Charlie Brown

Appeal to Ignorance​

This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim.

Boring,

Ive had my say, and i am content, that you don't agree with is is not my problem.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes it is. So I am still waiting for the full explanation.
Great… Just as God spoke and things came into existence… when Mary said “Be it unto me according as thou as ‘spoken’” - she received the life-giving word that created a body.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But he wasn’t and it doesn’t change his teachings and the reality that God is Love
But how do you know he wasn't? :p

BTW, without exaggeration, some of the nicest people I have ever met are gay, and one of our granddaughters is gay and is about as nice as they come.

Kenny

Premium Member
But how do you know he wasn't? :p

What qualifies a person as “gay”?

BTW, without exaggeration, some of the nicest people I have ever met are gay, and one of our granddaughters is gay and is about as nice as they come.

I agree… but we aren’t comparing one with another. There are many people who are considered “nice”… but nice compared to God is another story. :hugehug:

Bear Wild

Great… Just as God spoke and things came into existence… when Mary said “Be it unto me according as thou as ‘spoken’” - she received the life-giving word that created a body.
So he did like Zeus does when he impregnates women.