• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How mean Hay85 is on a scale of 1-10

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...I don't like talking about myself and I don't like people to talk about me.
although I was curious to know what lots of people think of my outspokenness which can sound weird, impolite, rude, irreverent, cheap. But I am Italian and I don't have to pretend I am different than what I am.
and the rumor that Italians are often impolitely outspoken is not a myth. It's the truth.
and I am accused of being mean.

But Ive decided from now on to avoid speaking my mind. I will say the opposite of what I think. ask me any thing. and above all, tell how mean I am on a 1-10 scale

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But Ive decide from now on to avoid speaking my mind. I will say the opposite of what I think. ask me any thing. and above all, tell how mean I am on a 1-10 scale
How fabulous am I in reality?

As for how mean you are, I give you a 3. Most people expect to handle a 2 or even a 1 without proper warning.

Incidentally, I'm usually a 3 myself, but sometimes a 5 or even a 7 if I feel the cause to be important enough. Yeah, I am saying that I hav a monstrous streak. Not that you asked. :)

Do you feel bothered by being perceived as mean?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't think meanness is at issue here. I don't so frequently disagree with you because I think you're mean. I so frequently disagree with you because I think you're wrong.

okay, but personal opinions are opinions. My opinion doesn't make myself wrong, given that nobody possesses the absolute truth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Alas, I think you might not even qualify as a 1 for meanness.....you seem a zero (just not mean at all). But on the 1 to 10 wacky scale, you're a 9.0! Congrats!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
okay, but personal opinions are opinions. My opinion doesn't make myself wrong, given that nobody possesses the absolute truth.

Anyone can hold a wrong opinion, Hay. But your opinions strike me as not only wrong, but frequently strike me as intellectually irresponsible, too. They conform neither to logic nor evidence. They are indeed, mere opinions -- assuming, of course, that you would actually and truly hold such pathological thoughts. For instance, your "observation" that your opinions don't make you wrong "given that nobody possesses the absolute truth", runs counter to logic and evidence, for if I believed the earth was square, my opinion would be demonstrably wrong even though none of us know the absolute truth. But I have hope for you, Hay, hope that you are lying when you say you actually do think what you say you think.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Not mean, just having terribly outdated ideas justified by an equally outdated response "it's my culture" (which I take with a grain of salt). Saying something is your culture doesn't make it right. Saying everyone else does it makes one seem incapable of questioning things, even if it's wrong. A lot of wrong in the past (and present) is justified this way.

Take responsibility for your opinions. And no, they're not immune to criticism, as Uncle Sunstone said. Especially when they're outlandish claims.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
you are in 10 scale to me , maybe because we are neighbors Algeria and Italy close in land and time , and you have honest and cool and modest (not arrogant) personality .:)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not mean, just having terribly outdated ideas justified by an equally outdated response "it's my culture" (which I take with a grain of salt). Saying something is your culture doesn't make it right. Saying everyone else does it makes one seem incapable of questioning things, even if it's wrong. A lot of wrong in the past (and present) is justified this way.

Take responsibility for your opinions. And no, they're not immune to criticism, as Uncle Sunstone said. Especially when they're outlandish claims.

I don't take your criticism personally...
Lots of people are insulted and called names because of their outspokenness. Think of Ann Coulter. well...I sincerely am tired of watching how people are mean to her, and say she's a loony or a wicked b***h.
That's not fair. I love Ann Coulter because of her outspokenness.
and we, outspoken people, are victims because we pay a very high price for speaking our mind: people's despise.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Alas, I think you might not even qualify as a 1 for meanness.....you seem a zero (just not mean at all). But on the 1 to 10 wacky scale, you're a 9.0! Congrats!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing my own self.
You might want to seek out a priest with a degree in psychology for a professional
opinion on your narcissistic behavior.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Thank you, my dears. Your kind words encourage me to keep speaking my mind, especially on this forum.

so I will go on saying what I really think:
-- that gay men shouldn't be parents
- that beauty is everything and what you have on the inside is nothing
- that fat ugly girls should be celibate and do not deserve to be in a relationship
-- that I hope that handsome men dump their ugly fat girlfriends for good
- that a woman without sex appeal is not feminine
- that bisexuals are not real men

so...this is what is in my mind. You can say whatever you want: that my mind is s load of trash, or a sewer, ....whatever.

But do not dare say that I am phoney or I am lying\trolling.

I am a true outspoken person. If I had to lie, I wouldn't say this