• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many times do you flush?

How many times do you flush per visit?

Votes: 7 41.2%

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 3-5

• 6-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-15

• More than 15

• I don't count.

• I have an outhouse.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I use kitty litter.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ok, now for the serious stuff, i asked the family how many times they flush, after some confusion and replies of "every time i use the toilet" i cleared up the question, the consensus is once except the rare occasion when not everything was flushed away, then its twice.

Upstairs we have low water use toilets, downstairs is an old style one with a couple of bricks in the cistern.

Hint. For older toilets put a brick or two or plastic bottles filled with water into the cistern. Or purchase a tank bag and pay for the privilege of reducing water use.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A minor personal factoid: at home the answer is one the vast majority of the time. The remaining small amount requires a plunger. Where I volunteer, it's all the time - a modern "whoosh" takes care of any and all deposits. Some places there's a single or double way to flush. Using the "double" where indicated takes care of the remains all the time.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Our Esteemed President is concerned that we're all flushing 10-15 times due to the Dastardly Democratic insistence on low flow toilets. He wants to save us. So, denizens of RF, how about it? Do you need saving?
I have only one opportunity to flush and I am saving that for November, 2020. Unless our elected plumbers clear the clog before then.