• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many of You Want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

Do you want an LGBTI and Allies Only subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
That's fine. But then what will straight people talk about that is Hetero-prioritized? How difficult it is being straight in the world?

Watch what anti-feminists talk about when they ***** about how it's actually more difficult being a man in this world than being a woman. And how women really have no room to complain about anything.

Straight people who don't think queers like us should have actual equality will do the exact same thing. And the reason is that that's the only issues they'll have: issues with us.

But okie dokie. If they say it really is SO DIFFICULT to live openly as a heterosexual on this planet because WE have the audacity to live openly and feel deserving of equal treatment as they, then they can lay it all out for the world to see, point, and laugh at.

I cannot stress enough how saying this is stereotyping heterosexuals and MRA people by saying they are all bigots.

They should have a place to discuss their ideas even if you do not agree with them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Heterosexual Caucasian men in particular are often hated and treated like crap by third-wave feminist and SJWs.
I just do not see that as any sort of widespread problem. I've read some blogs with people ranting about white men, but out in the real world white men just are not targeted. It's not "open season" (Bill O'Reilly) on them.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I just do not see that as any sort of widespread problem. I've read some blogs with people ranting about white men, but out in the real world white men just are not targeted. It's not "open season" (Bill O'Reilly) on them.

Correct, however if the prerequisite to have a forum is to be persecuted or bullied then they fulfill that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I cannot stress enough how saying this is stereotyping heterosexuals and MRA people by saying they are all bigots.
She wasn't stereotyping. And MRA groups are a bunch of anti-feminists. I've done my research, and I could not find one MRA website that didn't contain anti-feminists literature, and the majority of them support tradition gender roles and norms. (I even linked all of my findings on a thread some time ago).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Correct, however if the prerequisite to have a forum is to be persecuted or bullied then they fulfill that.
I've not seen such bullying going on here. There are plenty of members going on about a ton of degrading nonsense regarding homosexuals and transgenders, but not heterosexuals or cisgenders.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
She wasn't stereotyping. And MRA groups are a bunch of anti-feminists. I've done my research, and I could not find one MRA website that didn't contain anti-feminists literature, and the majority of them support tradition gender roles and norms. (I even linked all of my findings on a thread some time ago).

You cannot find one website that does not have any anti-feminist literature = All MRA people are anti-feminist.

Really? I hope you do not purport yourself to be a skeptic.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I've not seen such bullying going on here. There are plenty of members going on about a ton of degrading nonsense regarding homosexuals and transgenders, but not heterosexuals or cisgenders.

Okay, but earlier you where saying that LBTQI people need to be protected because of persecution.

Last time I checked I wasn't persecuted on this forum, I was *****ed about by some non-staff but not persecuted, where you?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Okay, but earlier you where saying that LBTQI people need to be protected because of persecution.

Last time I checked I wasn't persecuted on this forum, I was *****ed about by some non-staff but not persecuted, where you?
I've gotten homophobic and transphobic comments and have been bullied over it on here. So have others. Just because it's not happening to you personally doesn't mean it's not happening to others.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I've gotten homophobic and transphobic comments and have been bullied over it on here. So have others. Just because it's not happening to you personally doesn't mean it's not happening to others.

And a LGBTQI forum with any form of heterosexual equivalent would change you getting harassing PMs how exactly?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
And a LGBTQI forum that refuses to include heterosexuals would change you getting harassing PMs how exactly?
It wasn't through private messages and I didn't say that it would stop all the bullying. You implied that the bullying doesn't happen simply because you haven't experienced it and you're just wrong.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

Also if you paid attention you would already know that I said I have had non-staff members being bigots about it.

I still fail to see how just because some presumably heterosexuals (though studies have shown homophobic people have more homosexual tendencies than most heterosexuals) are being rude to LGBTQI people that we need to not allow them a heterosexual forum.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
It wasn't through private messages and I didn't say that it would stop all the bullying. You implied that the bullying doesn't happen simply because you haven't experienced it and you're just wrong.

This is a logical fallacy called a strawman, I was saying that the staff has not done so.

By the way the word bullying is not really the best word for what happened,

Bully:
use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants