• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many of You Want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

Do you want an LGBTI and Allies Only subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Excuse me!

When did I ever say I do not want there to be a LGBTQI forum!

Point out where I ****ing said that!

I say if there is something to that effect there needs to be a heterosexual one, that is what is fair and righteous.
Well, if you want one so bad, go start a poll about it and talk to the staff because whining about it in this thread won't get it made.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think you misunderstand what I want.

I want there to be a Sex, Gender and Sexuality section.

Under that being

Sex DIR
Gender DIR
Sexuality DIR

Under those being

Male
Female
Intersex
Trans
Other

Male
Female
Asex
Androgynous
Queer
Genderfluid
Trans
Other

Heterosexual
Homosexual
Asexual
Pansexual
Bisexual
Other

I have no objection with that (disregard my last post). What is the debate with the others about then?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Well, if you want one so bad, go start a poll about it and talk to the staff because whining about it in this thread won't get it made.

Well I would much rather have this sort of set up than the one it seems that most of you are proposing.

I think you misunderstand what I want.

I want there to be a Sex, Gender and Sexuality section.

Under that being

Sex DIR
Gender DIR
Sexuality DIR

Under those being

Male
Female
Intersex
Trans
Other

Male
Female
Asex
Androgynous
Queer
Genderfluid
Trans
Other

Heterosexual
Homosexual
Asexual
Pansexual
Bisexual
Other

Noa

Part of having an LGBTQI+ subforum is that broader community. It seems unfortunate to split it up between all of the different subsections. If it were not an LGBTQI and allies forum, I don't see myself using it much or at all. I don't see the need to force everyone to split up into all these small categories and deny the broader community. That community is part of the point.

Edit: Also, I would like to point out that this whole debate has been kind of moot. The original post says 'and allies.' So the proposed subforum would not actually be denying all heterosexuals. Just the non-affirming ones.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Part of having an LGBTQI+ subforum is that broader community. It seems unfortunate to split it up between all of the different subsections. If it were not an LGBTQI and allies forum, I don't see myself using it much or at all. I don't see the need to force everyone to split up into all these small categories and deny the broader community. That community is part of the point.

Maybe there should be a LGBTQI section in the politics section for the community?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Taylor Seraphim I would still do a GBLTQI forum too. Your idea makes sense. I agree with @Noa that maybe people within those six letter community would like a broader forum to talk among themselves. So, even though lesbians can talk among lesbians, there could also be a broader forum as lesbians talking among those who identify as homosexual in general.

Its like, say, the abrahamic DIR. Muslims, Christians, and Jews collectively can post. Then they have separate DIRs to where they can talk among their own peers.

So, I think it could be:

GBLTIQI (Main form)

Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Transgender
Intersex
....and so forth as sub forums.

I wouldn't have "male" and "female" instead of lesbian and gay. Since transgender can go to male or female because its not distinguishing between sexual orientation and gender identity. More confusing if a lesbian wanted to speak with someone who is biologically a woman. Its not an offense to transgender; just a small niche for having male and female vs gay and lesbian.

The former, some men or women want to talk to people who they have biological relations with. The latter (lesbian vs gay), it doesn't matter the gender identity. Sexual orientation isnt about that.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
@Taylor Seraphim I would still do a GBLTQI forum too. Your idea makes sense. I agree with @Noa that maybe people within those six letter community would like a broader forum to talk among themselves. So, even though lesbians can talk among lesbians, there could also be a broader forum as lesbians talking among those who identify as homosexual in general.

Its like, say, the abrahamic DIR. Muslims, Christians, and Jews collectively can post. Then they have separate DIRs to where they can talk among their own peers.

So, I think it could be:

GBLTIQI (Main form)

Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Transgender
Intersex
....and so forth as sub forums.

I wouldn't have "male" and "female" instead of lesbian and gay. Since transgender can go to male or female because its not distinguishing between sexual orientation and gender identity. More confusing if a lesbian wanted to speak with someone who is biologically a woman. Its not an offense to transgender; just a small niche for having male and female vs gay and lesbian.

The former, some men or women want to talk to people who they have biological relations with. The latter (lesbian vs gay), it doesn't matter the gender identity. Sexual orientation isnt about that.

This still leaves out heterosexuals and possibly asexuals.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I think there should be a LGTQI and Allies Only Subforum in the Political section and a Sex, Gender, and Sexuality section that would cover all sexes genders and sexualities individually separate from that/

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
No, it doesn't. The original proposal included allies. It is not leaving out heterosexuals.

I was referring for a place where you can discuss your sexuality, not nessecarly LGBTQI activist stuff.

Also keep in mind not all of the non-heterosexuals, trans, and intersex people actually do align with the LGBTQI movement.

Noa

I was referring for a place where you can discuss your sexuality, not nessecarly LGBTQI activist stuff.

Also keep in mind not all of the non-heterosexuals, trans, and intersex people actually do align with the LGBTQI movement.

Which is why I do not like the idea if it being put in the political section. I am not talking about a 'movement.' I don't see any reason it should be that explicitly political.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Which is why I do not like the idea if it being put in the political section. I am not talking about a 'movement.' I don't see any reason it should be that explicitly political.

So if we make it LGBTQI plus allies.

It still leaves heterosexuals a place to talk about their sexuality.

Which is again why I stress that the LGBTQI community needs a place and a place to discuss individual sexualities, sexes, and genders need a place.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This still leaves out heterosexuals and possibly asexuals.

You can put heterosexuals and asexuals under the list as sub-forums.

Why would heterosexuals need a sub-forum, though? Unless homosexuals are interrupting their conversation and telling them they need to "get a room." They aren't minorities; so, what is the benefit and result of they getting a separate DIR then the sexuality forum?