• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many of You Want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

Do you want an LGBTI and Allies Only subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How many of you good folks want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

LGBTI stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Intersexed. The actual name of the subforum will not be finalized unless and until it is decided to create it.

The purpose of this poll is to get an idea of how many people are for such a subforum -- not how many people are against it. That's because we don't expect people who are against it to actually be forced to use it. Thus there is only one way to vote, and that is to vote to show you would like such a subforum.

Please do not use this thread to bash or criticize the idea of a LGBTI subforum. If such a subforum is created, people who are not interested in it, nor want to use it, will not be forced to.

Please use this thread to make suggestions about the specifics of the subforum. e.g. what name should it have? Should it be LGBTI and Allies Only or LGBTI Only? etc.

This poll will remain open for 10 days.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We already have the rainbow room, and the noise of crickets is the most activity it gets.
That's because we don't expect people who are against it to actually be forced to use it.
Yuh-huh. That's a hidden part of the secret gay agenda. We're gonna tie people up and force them to use it, while watching Rocky Horror Picture Show, while gays give them fabulous make-overs while lesbians rev up their Harleys.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So what? I'm sorry you have a problem with my posting, but you and the rest of the old guard around here need to realize your high post counts don't count for squat with many of us. I'm going to give you my opinion whether you like it or not, and if you have an issue with it, I suggest you actually do something about it instead of being a passive-aggressive dork and calling me out in public. I don't give a **** what any single person in the world thinks of me, so your quoting my post was a waste of your time. Ban me or accept my input.
It's not being passive aggressive, it's about you being able to respect the request that only those who would be interested in such a forum post here.
Most of the hidden rooms are pretty dead. Probably because most people don't know they're there.
Perhaps instead of making a new subforum altogether, it would be better to make the rainbow room a non-private board visible to everyone and applying normal DIR rules to it.

Respect...pshh...earn it. People think respect is due to them. It isn't. Ya know, it's probably better if I am banned. This place fits me like a saddle on a sow. You people (and yes, I mean that as YOU PEOPLE) can have at it. There are lots of other forums' doorsteps I can darken.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Respect...pshh...earn it. People think respect is due to them. It isn't. Ya know, it's probably better if I am banned. This place fits me like a saddle on a sow. You people (and yes, I mean that as YOU PEOPLE) can have at it. There are lots of other forums' doorsteps I can darken.

Promises. Promises.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How many of you good folks want a "LGBTI and Allies Only" Subforum?

LGBTI stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, and Intersexed. The actual name of the subforum will not be finalized unless and until it is decided to create it.

The purpose of this poll is to get an idea of how many people are for such a subforum -- not how many people are against it. That's because we don't expect people who are against it to actually be forced to use it. Thus there is only one way to vote, and that is to vote to show you would like such a subforum.

Please do not use this thread to bash or criticize the idea of a LGBTI subforum. If such a subforum is created, people who are not interested in it, nor want to use it, will not be forced to.

Please use this thread to make suggestions about the specifics of the subforum. e.g. what name should it have? Should it be LGBTI and Allies Only or LGBTI Only? etc.

This poll will remain open for 10 days.

I notice you have two yeses for your options. Is that intentional?

Yes, a sub-forum would be nice. The only suggestion is just as the Religious DIR, Seekers, Political sub-forum DIRs, etc doesnt have "allies" in their title, Id say let the sub-forum be public safe-place for those who are GBLTIQA (etc) to talk among people like themselves, those coming out, etc. Anyone can ask respectful questions, of course. Though, putting allies is unfair compared to theother boards to whom may have allies but cant post but questions.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I second this notion. :)
As I said above, the Rainbow Room should stay private as a safe place for individuals who wish to discuss it without outing themselves publicly on this forum.

I personally don't think an LGBT subforum should be a DIR, anyway. I think it should just be for general topics about the subject.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
As I said above, the Rainbow Room should stay private as a safe place for individuals who wish to discuss it without outing themselves publicly on this forum.

I personally don't think an LGBT subforum should be a DIR, anyway. I think it should just be for general topics about the subject.

The Rainbow room can stay private. I dont see GBLTI a taboo topic to be in public even if its under general discussion sub-forum. Just not many people know about the private Rainbow room. To me, well, I have be out for a loong time, but to me its kind of defeating the purpose of a public forum. Id like to chat among people like myself but not to where I am ironically put back in the closet again.