• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Gods Don't You Believe in?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How many of those 4000+ Gods don't you believe in and why don't you believe in them?

All of them. I see no evidence that gods are required nor any evidence that gods exist. Many of the claims made for a gods abilities (how people know i just don't know) are simply impossible.

Eli G

All of them. I see no evidence that gods are required nor any evidence that gods exist. Many of the claims made for a gods abilities (how people know i just don't know) are simply impossible.
Well, maybe those evidences need to be search by yourself, because it is yourself the one interested on them ...
If you are not interested on those evidences and don't look for them, then your opinion is intranscendental.
Other people found those evidences ... but since this is personal, well, you know, do your homework by yourself.

2 Thess. 2:9 (...) the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

lawless with respect to God's principles to humans.
The lawless man is a category of persons with certain attitude.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well, maybe those evidences need to be search by yourself, because it is yourself the one interested on them ...

I was christian up to age 14, the faith in god was important to me but not once did i find any evidence to justify my faith

If you are not interested on those evidences and don't look for them, then your opinion is intranscendental.

Belief and faith are not evidence

Other people found those evidences ... but since this is personal, well, you know, do your homework by yourself.

What evidences? If you have no answer I'll understand

Eli G

I was christian up to age 14, the faith in god was important to me but not once did i find any evidence to justify my faith

Belief and faith are not evidence

What evidences? If you have no answer I'll understand
I cann't give you my evidences so they become your evidences ... As I said: this is a personal matter.

If you were Christian without finding evidences, then there was some steps you didn't take to mature as a Christian.

2 Pet.8:5 For this very reason, put forth all earnest effort to supply to your faith virtue, to your virtue knowledge, 6 to your knowledge self-control, to your self-control endurance, to your endurance godly devotion, 7 to your godly devotion brotherly affection, to your brotherly affection love. 8 For if these things exist in you and overflow, they will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I agre that faith and evidence are not the same, but true faith is based on true knowledge, so the faith the Bible talks about and evidence go together.

Heb. 11:1 Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I cann't give you my evidences so they become your evidences

Figures

If you were Christian without finding evidences, then there was some steps you didn't take to mature as a Christian.

I your opinion.

I agre that faith and evidence are not the same, but true faith is based on true knowledge, so the faith the Bible talks about and evidence go together.

Sound kind of circular to me

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I was christian up to age 14, the faith in god was important to me but not once did i find any evidence to justify my faith.

At least you were young when you realized that you couldn't find sufficient evidence to justify your faith in God. It took me forty years to free myself from all the Christian indoctrination I had been subjected to throughout my life in order for me to finally realize that my faith in God was a waste of time. I say that it took me forty years to finally come to my senses. I can honestly say that disavowing my belief in God was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you say this God doesn't exist and this God does, because?
As there is only one God, who is known by many Names and Attributes, given to us by All the Messengers.

Any other God fabricated by men from those Names and Attributes, is but a God of our own making.

Regards Tony

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As there is only one God, who is known by many Names and Attributes, given to us by All the Messengers.

Any other God fabricated by men from those Names and Attributes, is but a God of our own making.

Regards Tony

Of course, what you stated is merely your personal opinion, which is based on your spiritual beliefs.

Eli G

Regards Tony
Check history and the present.

Which of all those ancient gods has prevailed exactly as He was at the beginning of being revealed? Which one of them has offered humans of all ages a hope that has come to be realized for them? Which of them has explained the beginning and the end?

Who can compare to my God Jehovah? Someone tell me. His word has lasted until now and will last forever... I don't know of any god that can compare to Him.

Eli G

Abraham was of semitic origin (Sem was his registered ancestor). He knew who brought the Flood three and a half centuries before he was born.

How can someone with a recorded family history not to know his real origin and the God who brought salvation to his ancestors?

Abraham was born 4 millennia ago ... And here we are talking about him and his family history, and the God who became his friend.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course, what you stated is merely your personal opinion, which is based on your spiritual beliefs.

Check history and the present.

Which of all those ancient gods has prevailed exactly as He was at the beginning of being revealed? Which one of them has offered humans of all ages a hope that has come to be realized for them? Which of them has explained the beginning and the end?

Who can compare to my God Jehovah? Someone tell me. His word has lasted until now and will last forever... I don't know of any god that can compare to Him.
The Bible is a good guide as to how there is One God, that we have known by many Names and Attributes.

Zechariah 14:9 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one".

To find this One God we must know and look at all the Names and Attitudes.

We see that One God in Krishna, Zoroaster, Abraham, Moses, Noah, Adam, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah, to name a few. They One and All are the 'Self of God', given to progress all humanity in their spiritual capacity.

These are not my Ideas, these ideas are found in what those Names offered to us about God, I only share, and will not debate.

I am very happy to agree to disagree as to my view of what is given by these Representatives of the One God.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

Premium Member
Which of all those ancient gods has prevailed exactly as He was at the beginning of being revealed?

All of them

Which one of them has offered humans of all ages a hope that has come to be realized for them?

All of them

Which of them has explained the beginning and the end?

None of them.

Who can compare to my God Jehovah?

At least 3800 of them

His word has lasted until now and will last forever...

In 840bc is the the first recorded mention of the abrahamic god. I'm not sure how you can claim forever unless you have a good line in clairvoyance.

I don't know of any god that can compare to Him.

Figures. Im guessing you have not considered any of the other god beliefs

Eli G

The Bible is not just a simple book. It is a compendium of history writen through more than 1600 years.

Moses started his writing in 1514 B.C. After Moses died, there were more than 35 men who wrote another, an another, an another, an another histories ... during many years after Moses ... They talked about new kingdoms, other new kindongs, and other more new kingdoms ...

There was a constant all through those centuries: do you know what was that constant?

Every time you read the Bible, remember what it is.

EconGuy

The Bible is not just a simple book. It is a compendium of history writen through more than 1600 years.

Moses started his writing in 1514 B.C. After Moses died, there were more than 35 men who wrote another, an another, an another, an another histories ... during many years after Moses ... They talked about new kingdoms, other new kindongs, and other more new kingdoms ...

There was a constant all through those centuries: do you know what was that constant?

Every time you read the Bible, remember what it is.

Again, how do you know?