• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Gods Don't You Believe in?

Heyo

Veteran Member
"The force the supernatural exerts is less than that."

Right there!!

If you don't know what effects super natural would have and can't study anything super natural(if it exists), then your claim is BS based on unknowns. .
My claim? I didn't claim the supernatural exists or doesn't exist.
It was your claim that the supernatural isn't measurable by science. I agree. Because there is no measurable effect of the supernatural.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It was your claim that the supernatural isn't measurable by science. I agree. Because there is no measurable effect of the supernatural.

Yeah, correct for at least one version of objective evidence. But the follow up question is if all human behavior can be done based only on postive objective evidence?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Is the war in Ukraine over religion?
If not then there is your evidence that with or with out religion humans will have wars and conflict. Its human nature based on greed and power.
Perhaps you have never done any fault-finding. If one requires to have a trouble-free system to operate, then one usually goes about recognising which thing might contribute to a particular issue and then to go about systematically resolving and rectifying each component that might contribute to any issue. Religions are just one component of our system that tends to cause conflict. In time, and hopefully, perhaps we will eliminate other sources of conflict too - so no more warring states, and no more conflicting political systems. But it might be such that we can at least wind down the rhetoric so often used by the religious so as to cause less conflict now - even if they never entirely vanish, which I suspect they never might do anyway.

We Never Know

No Slack
Perhaps you have never done any fault-finding. If one requires to have a trouble-free system to operate, then one usually goes about recognising which thing might contribute to a particular issue and then to go about systematically resolving and rectifying each component that might contribute to any issue. Religions are just one component of our system that tends to cause conflict. In time, and hopefully, perhaps we will eliminate other sources of conflict too - so no more warring states, and no more conflicting political systems. But it might be such that we can at least wind down the rhetoric so often used by the religious so as to cause less conflict now - even if they never entirely vanish, which I suspect they never might do anyway.
It was a simple question...

Is the war in Ukraine over religion?

We Never Know

No Slack
"there is no measurable effect of the supernatural"

You can't measure what you cant study(if it exists)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Well, you are objectively WRONG, because your model is a subjective evaluation of different kinds of bad. But that is WRONG because your model is not obejctive. Only the objective is RIGHT as per objecctive rationality and evidence. So we need to reomove your kind of subjectivity as that is BAD and all humans must become capable of doing everything with only objecctive rationality and evidence.
You are subjective and that is BAD and WRONG. ;)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
That is a postive claim for which you have the burden of proof as per objective rationality and evidence. So please do that.
Take a visit to Afghanistan, or Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or perhaps any states in the USA, or even in Israel and ask some there as to how important religion is to them.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, you are objectively WRONG, because your model is a subjective evaluation of different kinds of bad. But that is WRONG because your model is not obejctive. Only the objective is RIGHT as per objecctive rationality and evidence. So we need to reomove your kind of subjectivity as that is BAD and all humans must become capable of doing everything with only objecctive rationality and evidence.
You are subjective and that is BAD and WRONG. ;)
Never done any fault-finding then? :D

We Never Know

No Slack
Take a visit to Afghanistan, or Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or perhaps any states in the USA, or even in Israel and ask some there as to how important religion is to them.
Its probably a very good thing that in the US the religious and the non-religious don't go to war.
Don't you agree?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Stop using feelings!!! You are not objective and that is the problem in the end!!! ;)
Rubbish! There are definitely things that tend to cause conflict and/or wars, such that eliminating or lessening the likelihood of conflict occurring through these, then war and/or conflict will be less likely. Conflicting religious beliefs just being one aspect of this.

RestlessSoul

With the exception of the USA, one thing all those regions have in common is that they have all been colonised by foreign powers, fairly recently. Maybe that, and not religion, is the real root of the conflicts there?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
As I said - what has this to do with it? Religions are not necessarily involved in every war.

Well, the problem is subjective people like you, who use feelings. That is WRONG, because everything must be done with objective rationality and evidence as per the burden of proof. That can't be doubt, as that is absurd, crazy, insane and meaningless.
The true correct human is one that only use objective rationality and evidence as per the correct culture of the Enlightenment. ;)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Rubbish! There are definitely things that tend to cause conflict and/or wars, such that eliminating or lessening the likelihood of conflict occurring through these, then war and/or conflict will be less likely. Conflicting religious beliefs just being one aspect of this.

But religion is special, right? That was your claim. Now give evidence for that!!!