• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How God communicates.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Need to ask, revelations?
A revelation is an instance of clarity respecting something wonderful.
It is not knowing, not knowing, not knowing and then KNOWING.
Revelation defined: a surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well then maybe you should not have used you and God as the example; on the other point, do you believe that you have memories that predate the moment you converted to the systems of society. If so then, how did you identify these memories, they weren't words because you didn't know any but yet you can see them as if you were in that moment.
Good point. I don't think it is impossible that I might have lived before.

Tmac

Revelation defined: a surprising and previously unknown fact, especially one that is made known in a dramatic way.

I know the definition of revelation but I am more curious as what has been revealed to you (your words, 'the timing of the revelations') to cause you to use the word in your post?

DavidFirth

People believe and teach that God used people as though they were secretaries to write the words of God down for us.

But, it seems to me that God speaks without words.

God communicates meaning with no speech and without words.

How do I know this? I don't know. But I do know that wonderful meaning comes to me in less time than a human second. If it was words and speech coming, it would take as much time as the words come and I would hear some kind of sound. With pictures, maybe? Not with pictures either. It isn't hearing and it isn't seeing.
It is knowing.

I believe that since God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can communicate any which way He wants. Sometimes He uses words like with the prophets, dreams and inaudibly also. The Spirit speaks to me without using words. It's impossible for me to describe but He makes Himself perfectly clear.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know the definition of revelation but I am more curious as what has been revealed to you (your words, 'the timing of the revelations') to cause you to use the word in your post?
I do not know if it is personal. I was searching for the reasons that someone else might be behaving righteously, but all I found was that I was the one who was upright respecting the problem. It was as though a friend was showing me that I was on the right path. It was very emotional. Might I be a duo person? I guess so. But I do not know how to furnish salve to a soul, but it was happening to me.
I was healed and what I consider "born again". It had never happened before and has not happened since. It was more than ten years ago.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that since God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He can communicate any which way He wants. Sometimes He uses words like with the prophets, dreams and inaudibly also. The Spirit speaks to me without using words. It's impossible for me to describe but He makes Himself perfectly clear.
Maybe someday God might reveal to you that God does not want. God just IS.
But, maybe you meant to say, "any which way God determines".

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That's what occurs with solving and experiencing, for example as well. God's aren't needed for such experiences, but many credit them for even that.

Remember the muses that I mentioned earlier? Creative inspirations are also things not previously conceived then suddenly coming into consciousness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's what occurs with solving and experiencing, for example as well. God's aren't needed for such experiences, but many credit them for even that.

Remember the muses that I mentioned earlier? Creative inspirations are also things not previously conceived then suddenly coming into consciousness.
I agree with you. Mine was a whole body experience.

Tmac

I do not know if it is personal. I was searching for the reasons that someone else might be behaving righteously, but all I found was that I was the one who was upright respecting the problem. It was as though a friend was showing me that I was on the right path. It was very emotional. Might I be a duo person? I guess so. But I do not know how to furnish salve to a soul, but it was happening to me.
I was healed and what I consider "born again". It had never happened before and has not happened since. It was more than ten years ago.

I can feel you and I also respect the effort you spent to transcribe the moment, the blind will see and the deaf will hear. I prefer to think of my moment (elegantly referred by you as 'being born again') as having the illusion of believing I was sick and in need of healing broken.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can feel you and I also respect the effort you spent to transcribe the moment, the blind will see and the deaf will hear. I prefer to think of my moment (elegantly referred by you as 'being born again') as having the illusion of believing I was sick and in need of healing broken.
Thank you. I wasn't sick. I was in distress.