1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how EXACTLY the future Baha'i government would be set up and how it will function.

Discussion in 'Religions Q&A' started by shunyadragon, Jan 14, 2019 at 6:16 AM.

1. shunyadragon

shunyadragon Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,402
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    . . . how EXACTLY the future Baha'i government would be set up and how it will function? A question asked by @wandering peacefully

The foundation of the Baha'i future administrative order or government for the Baha'is the Houses of Justice consisting of elected nine members at the local, national and the world by the Universal House of Justice. The obligation to the administrative order is for Baha'is only for the Baha'i Laws and decisions of Houses of Justices.

The separation of the Institutions of the Baha'i Faith and there laws and decision will remain separate from the sovereignty of the governments of the world.

In the future the spiritual principles of the Baha' i will be the standard for the world as many are now.

More will follow . . .

2. Amanaki

Amanaki The truth lay within you.

Ratings:
    +489
    Religion:
    Theravada Buddhism
    What about those who are not Baha'i followers? will Baha'i try to rule over them too?

• Like Like x 1
  3. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,402
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    That was addressed in the original post. Please reread the opening post. The answer to your question is no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity holy roly poly
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,229
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian almost quaker
    Suppose a new prophet appears. Will the government be flexible enough to recognize them?

5. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,402
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    That is a 'suppose' so long in the future I could not answer. I only have the knowledge of the Baha'i Faith and the present writings concerning the administrative order.

• Like Like x 1
  6. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita Vedanta and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,570
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    I think the 'EXACTLY' part has never been explained but will unfold in time is the official Baha'i position.

The teachings of the Guardian and other official sources call for a future world in which Bahai's will very overwhelmingly be the majority of the human race and the Baha'i Administrative Order is to replace the crumbling institutions of the old (our current) world order. It is to be a Theocracy headed by the divinely guided Universal House of Justice.

Now this sounds challenging to believe and there has been a deemphasizing of all this in recent decades I believe to make the Baha'i Faith more palatable in the Western thinking world.

I was a Baha'i in the early 1980's and I think many younger Baha'is are not even aware of all I said above and may even deny some of things said above. And for clarification I am an ex-Baha'i (but not anti-Baha'i).

7. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,402
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    This is not a bad summary, but lacking in completeness. If the whole of the scripture of the Baha'i Faith is taken into account the Baha'i institutions of the administrative order will not impose their views on non-Baha'is.

There are principles such as the 'Independent investigation of truth' that preclude imposition of the Baha'i Faith on non-Baha'is, and acknowledging the diversity of the religious views among humanity, and the principles of unity and diversity that is the foundation of the Baha'i principles..

In the Baha'i centers I have participated in this is covered in the deepening sessions for many years, over fifty years as a Baha'i, from young adults and adults. .

8. George-ananda

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,570
    Religion:
    I agree that Baha’is are not ones to impose. But the overwhelming manority will be on-board. The minority situation is left to future clarification.

But I personally can’t see stage 1 ever happening, an overwhelming Baha’i majority with major functioning institutions.

9. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,402
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    It is possible a positive attribute of the Baha'i Faith that it is open to future clarification in contrast to religions and sects that believe they are what they are in finality.

The Baha'i view of science is a positive view of evolving change, considering that the interpretation of scripture in respect to our physical existence is subject to the evolving knowledge of science.

It very well may not happen. I believe that the Baha'i Faith is flexible enough to evolve in the future since that is part of it's nature.

10. George-ananda

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,570
    Religion:
    I must state that although I am an ex-Baha’i, I still like Baha’i.