• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does the Existence of God Negate Darwinian Evolution?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Do you mean the perfect mountain? Mountain and not world is the word Isaiah uses, and I agree with extending its meaning but also the rest of the terms. Here is what I think. Isaiah uses some imagery to convey a beautiful idea, and his allegory mustn't be stretched too far but extends further than just changing the word moutain. Isaiah is not a science text and is about people. The lion eats straw, meaning something unkosher becomes kosher, but Isaiah isn't concerned about lions but about people. He is imagining people becoming peaceful who once went about raging. He is speaking about the spiritual creation, a creation of God, a designed creation.
Read the 2nd passage also, to fill out the big picture situation. We are not there yet. Then, when you have read that 2nd passage above, this -- "...
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that h the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. ".... It is yet to come. We all long for what is to come. All of creation is groaning in labor of childbirth.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Read the 2nd passage also, to fill out the big picture situation. We are not there yet. Then, when you have read that 2nd passage above, this -- "...
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that h the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. ".... It is yet to come. We all long for what is to come. All of creation is groaning in labor of childbirth.
My understanding is the mountain isn't a mountain, so why would the lion be a lion? This is Isaiah the prophet who's not teaching natural sciences but is talking about momentous spiritual events. The new creation begins with John the Baptist's ministry, as can be seen in the gospel John where Jesus ministry is the light of a new creation (chap 1) which divides day and night (chap 3). Thus we are a creation in him, the creator of that new creation, the author and finisher of our own faithfulness, the alpha and omega. Thus we are created not of soil but of spiritual substance, and no further work needs to be done by Jesus. This does not to my understanding contradict the natural evolution of the planet earth, a planet which receives neither mention nor treatment in scripture.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It’s actually mentioned in a little known verse from the Bible, didn’t you know?
“And God spoke unto Abraham, hear me, o son of Israel. Surely you and your ancestors shall know that The Theory of Evolution is indeed fake news.”
Oh.... my.... GOODNESS!
Abraham was NOT a "son of Israel"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee hee
(At least make it sound legitimate, lol!)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I would like to understand from members how they would think or believe that the existence of God negates Darwinian evolution. Does it?

Define 'Darwinian evolution.'

If you mean changes within species -- or even changes within family taxa (there exist approximately 5320 families in Animalia, just over 640 in Plantae, etc, which IMO closely correspond to the 'kinds', ie., "according to their kinds" in Genesis -- God's existence would not negate it. IOW, a limited evolution would not be precluded.
However, if you mean Common Descent (from a LUCA), that concept is negated by His existence. IMO.

Jehovah wanted organisms to change and adapt to enable their survival, and through which new species would arise, for our (mankind's) benefit also.

From what I have come to understand from the Bible, originally humans were supposed to live forever, as God's children.

Simply put, new animal and plant species always appearing on the scene, would provide us with variety throughout our unending lives . "Variety is the spice of life" as they say. It would never get boring! It won't, when Jehovah God is back in control and Isaiah 11 9 is being fulfilled!
It (changes within family taxa) is evidence of God's love, ultimately... believe it or not.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
I would like to understand from members how they would think or believe that the existence of God negates Darwinian evolution. Does it?
Which God?

The Judeo/Christian God who flooded the entire earth in a fit of anger?

One of the Hindu Gods?

The Greek Gaia and Uranus?

One of the Chinese Gods?

One of the African Gods?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Which God?

The Judeo/Christian God who flooded the entire earth in a fit of anger?

One of the Hindu Gods?

The Greek Gaia and Uranus?

One of the Chinese Gods?

One of the African Gods?
You’re welcome to pick any of the above.

Loaai

A Logical Scientific Philosopher.
Alright, so let's say what Darwin said was right, Humanity has evolved from apes, somehow it was proven scientifically that Apes were the origins of a creature that can think, understand, express his thoughts, have consciousness and choose his path in life, but then.. does Darwin's theory only apply on Human beings and Apes?

May I ask what is the origins of Apes? or Maybe even the origins of origins of Apes.. May I ask the main origin of all biological creatures on Earth?
If Darwin's theory is correct then it should lead us to 1 single living organism and from this organism every other creature was developed and originated throughout thousands or even millions of years, but then we say.. what was the origin of this single creature or this single organism? Was it just a coincidence that this organism somehow developed and originated through a very complex chemical reaction and survived specifically on Earth? Have you ever wondered why humanity with all this progress in space fields has not yet discovered a single planet that has a single creature on it!

Is it really a coincidence that Earth is the only place where biology is present? Is it really a coincidence that the only planet among Trillions of others that has perfect conditions for living organisms is Earth? Why do you think human beings are the only creatures in this universe that know how to think, understand and have conciseness?(till now) Biology just developed?
Then why didn't it develop for Dogs, cats, crocodiles, cows, ants, bees and even Apes! Have humanity proved that an Ape can be transformed into a human?

See.. Einstein's theories were falsified a lot by other scientists when he first published his papers, but then it was all about the practical experiment that beat all expectations when this experiment proved that his theory was actually correct, and suddenly his theories became a fact. something we are sure of.. something we can take for granted in our future development in all fields of science.
But back to Darwin.. Did he transform an Ape into a Human? has any scientist transformed any creature on Earth into a human? Is there something called Impossible? Can we actually go back in time?

At this point I hope you all know where this is going, what happened and what is happening to human beings is not a coincidence by any means but to prove the validity of Darwin's theory someone has to conduct a practical experiment that will shut down any other doubters and transform an Ape into a human.. Or maybe anything into a human.. Can this ever happen?

It's all an obvious answer that there is something much bigger and unimaginable behind all of this.

ecco

Veteran Member
Alright, so let's say what Darwin said was right, Humanity has evolved from apes,

You should try to get an understanding of the Theory of Evolution before posting questions with incorrect assumptions.

does Darwin's theory only apply on Human beings and Apes?

You should try to get an understanding of the Theory of Evolution before posting questions with incorrect assumptions.

May I ask the main origin of all biological creatures on Earth?

At this time we don't know the exact sequence of events. We do know GodDidIt is not the answer any more than GodDidIt was the reason for volcanoes erupting or locusts eating all the crops.

Was it just a coincidence that this organism somehow developed and originated through a very complex chemical reaction and survived specifically on Earth?

No. It was not a coincidence. Apparently, you would rather try to make a discussion on a forum rather than do a little actual research.

That is true of many Muslims and Christians who post here, so you are in good company.

Is it really a coincidence that Earth is the only place where biology is present? Is it really a coincidence that the only planet among Trillions of others that has perfect conditions for living organisms is Earth?

If you believe that earth is the only place where biology is present, you might want to do some basic research instead of...

Ah, well. You haven't and you won't.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It's your OP, not mine. Which version of a god did you have in mind when you posed your question?
I suspect he was intending people to explain how it does or does not effect their chosen deity and not necessarily how they think it does or does not effect the deities of others.

Edit note:
Changed the blue word from "their" to "they".

Last edited by a moderator:

Audie

Veteran Member

At this time we don't know the exact sequence of events. We do know GodDidIt is not the answer any more than GodDidIt was the reason for volcanoes erupting or locusts eating all the crops.

No. It was not a coincidence. Apparently, you would rather try to make a discussion on a forum rather than do a little actual research.

That is true of many Muslims and Christians who post here, so you are in good company.

If you believe that earth is the only place where biology is present, you might want to do some basic research instead of...

We suspect you are late to the drive -by.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

He has started a thread with the exact same content:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's your OP, not mine. Which version of a god did you have in mind when you posed your question?
How the responder to my OP perceives God is more important and relevant to the question than how I perceive God.

As I said, pick what springs to mind when you hear the word God.