• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you pray when there is a disconnect between what you know and how you feel?

David T

Premium Member
For example, Psalm 42, The writer knows God sends his problems and trials and knows God sends lovingkindness and is in turmoil
https://www.slideshare.net/secret/nUBsOwAEfML6r7
I paint wine bottles. After one or 2 I feel much better. It's extremely rare though I need to work more on
That! I seem to have a disconnect from being disconnected!! So many others seem so natural at it I am jealous since I don't get enough wine bottle painting in.

images (17).jpg

David T

Premium Member
Do you actually paint wine bottles? Nice hobby.
Not often really rare like every couple of years!!!! OK it was metaphorical but now I will paint zee damn bottles and be the Picasso of painted wine bottles. Sounds fun drinking for art!!!!! I just need to be inspired by feeling disconnected is all. That would make for a popular art class!!!! Church is for those who had a problem with drinking without painting. They just serve wine in tiny cups really tiny like it's a medicine. Although catholics like to share a cup with a monitor holding it making sure you don't get all of it. A super serious threat is no wine if you are bad.apparently they don't know it's in stores everywhere.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not often really rare like every couple of years!!!! OK it was metaphorical but now I will paint zee damn bottles and be the Picasso of painted wine bottles. Sounds fun drinking for art!!!!! I just need to be inspired by feeling disconnected is all. That would make for a popular art class!!!!

It would, yeah. Get a wine holder and have nothing but painted empty wine glasses. Fool your guests when they think they're getting a drink when you're show off your art instead. :)

David T

Premium Member
It would, yeah. Get a wine holder and have nothing but painted empty wine glasses. Fool your guests when they think they're getting a drink when you're show off your art instead. :)
Now I like a twisted devilish mind!!! Lol people usually call me the devil bozo, here I am just having word fun! Being a writer is the reason actually. ADD AT THAT even.

download (5).jpg

The reality is I am just this old dude soaking in mother nature. Image john Muir.
John_Muir_c1902.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Now I like a twisted devilish mind!!! Lol people usually call me the devil bozo, here I am just having word fun! Being a writer is the reason actually. ADD AT THAT even.

View attachment 19495

Writer to writer.. hmm. By trade?

I'm trying to get back into the grove. I have so many poems I written throughout the years and just wanted to get them bounded and published and sit it on my window sill to stare at it. That and prove to my old friend I finally wrote the book I told her I would for almost twenty years of friendship.

David T

Premium Member
Writer to writer.. hmm. By trade?

I'm trying to get back into the grove. I have so many poems I written throughout the years and just wanted to get them bounded and published and sit it on my window sill to stare at it. That and prove to my old friend I finally wrote the book I told her I would for almost twenty years of friendship.
Not easy is it. I want to write magic like Muir.. A kind of Dylan of nature writing. His voice is so simple harmonic with the cultural spiritual voice totally grounded in nature. It's connected like Dylan is to bluegrass mountain music appalatian music. I mean Dylan sings like woodie Guthrie. Check out his tambourine man 1964 Newport Festival show its stunning. Muir tapped that in literature. I don't even. Bother here because I am examing all those sub conscious prejudices as they are articulated out. How to write through that is tricky.

Poetry is so pure the whole Bible is one giant poem read like a science text. Sad, so much is now hidden. So powerful, it has moved humanity to read it like a science text. How as artist shamans witches wizards do we over come that deafness, blind essence, deadness? It's melody has disappeared and only the words remain today. A kind of fossilfication or fossil fiction today. My degree is deeply responsible theology bah humbug.

Not easy keep writing we need it always we need it. And btw make your poems smell, sing and talk like the ocean the trees and the wind alive. Not easy being nature's voice.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
make your poems smell, sing and talk like the ocean the trees and the wind alive. Not easy being nature's voice.

Hmmm. I like that. Beautiful.

Mr. Tambourine Man is not that bad. I'm not a bluegrass person but I do like Little River Band. I'm an 80s kid so I got the rest of the seventies on up.

Infinite peace within the souls of humans
who dare to gather a magnificent gift
God's love and grace
His wish adnd desire
Where body and flesh have come to an end
Where heaven begins
An eternity with the Lord.
~Carlita

I write religious poetry, emotional, and poems about life. They seem to have more energy in it.

David T

Premium Member
Hmmm. I like that. Beautiful.

Mr. Tambourine Man is not that bad. I'm not a bluegrass person but I do like Little River Band. I'm an 80s kid so I got the rest of the seventies on up.

Infinite peace within the souls of humans
who dare to gather a magnificent gift
God's love and grace
His wish adnd desire
Where body and flesh have come to an end
Where heaven begins
An eternity with the Lord.
~Carlita

I write religious poetry, emotional, and poems about life. They seem to have more energy in it.
I didn't know there was non religious poetry!!! The only thing that comes to mind are advertising jingles!!!! Keep your poems going I like they aren't TV advertising jingles.

Muir was very very landscape based same religious feel. He felt himself to be john the Baptist literally and his call was to bring people to mountianity!!! He never for a second deviated from the bible only from the deadness of dogma and doctrine, never did he deviate from the texts resonance.

Resonance is the heart beat from before time itself. Harmonize with that, it's in the very fabric of reality only rendered silent by our own noise we create for ourselves as cultural beings. Sometimes silence is very loud for those who stop to listen. Muir was a great listener. I hear it when I am far away in the woods about 10 miles out. No cars no human sound just the wind and the trees singing to the heavens. It's true magic that's difficult to convey. Muir was very good at it but it was hard for him.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Interesting.

I didn't know there was non religious poetry!!! The only thing that comes to mind are advertising jingles!!!! Keep them going I like. Muir was very very landscape based same feel. He felt himself to be john the Baptist literally and his call was to bring people to mountianity!!! He never for a second deviated from the bible only from the deadness of dogma and doctrine, never did he deviate from the texts resonance. Resonance is the heart beat from before time itself. Harmonize with that, it's in the very fabric of reality only silent by our own noise we create for ourselves as cultural beings. Sometimes silence is very loud for those who stop to listen. Muir was a great listener. I hear it when I am far away in the woods about 10 miles out. No cars no human sound just the wind and the trees singing to the heavens. It's true magic that's difficult to convey. Muir was very good at it but it was hard for him.

I don't know about the christian part, but walking through the words, camping, and seeing nature is religious in itself. I paint on canvas and Bob Ross was my inspirator.

David T

Premium Member
Interesting.

I don't know about the christian part, but walking through the words, camping, and seeing nature is religious in itself. I paint on canvas and Bob Ross was my inspirator.
Well you are talking dogma doctrine and indeed that has zero to do with the landscape. Birth life death is everywhere in the landscape. Why modern religious doctrine dogma agree we have a dead sun, dead air, dead water, dead dirt, dead dead dead. Scares the crap out of the religious and leads to "its all meaningless" scientifically! They are allies sharing in mutual confusion. The text is all about birth life death out of death rises up new life!!!! Perfect alignment to scientific narrative of nature except science believes everything starts with the human cranium. Oh the same as modern dogma doctrine Christianity at the same time!!!! And as an invert to the Muir quote below "off to the city I go to find my mind and lose my soul."
276a79617fc4138817763c39835e4263.png

whirlingmerc

Well you are talking dogma doctrine and indeed that has zero to do with the landscape. Birth life death is everywhere in the landscape. Why modern religious doctrine dogma agree we have a dead sun, dead air, dead water, dead dirt, dead dead dead. Scares the crap out of the religious and leads to "its all meaningless" scientifically! They are allies sharing in mutual confusion. The text is all about birth life death out of death rises up new life!!!! Perfect alignment to scientific narrative of nature except science believes everything starts with the human cranium. Oh the same as modern dogma doctrine Christianity at the same time!!!! And as an invert to the Muir quote below "off to the city I go to find my mind and lose my soul."View attachment 19497
nice tree scene

arthra

Baha'i
The question asked in this thread was "How do you pray when there is a disconnect between what you know and how you feel?"

My reaction to this was that in the course of a day none of us can predict how we'll be feeling. We have had a very trying morning or not slept well the night before. We may have had an argument with someone and are still reacting to the conflict feeling anger. So feelings by themselves can vary depending.

What you "know" can also vary from time to time.

Before I pray though I like to have a heartfelt urge to do so that I sincerely am opening my heart that God will be near to me and I can offer prayer through devotion.

In my Faith we have daily prayers that we recite. Prior to prayer we perform ablutions washing our hands and face. The Ablutions actually sharpen my attention and help me focus on the content of the prayer. I then turn to the Qiblih or Point of adoration in the Holy Land. Turning to Bahji recalls in my mind the pilgrimage I made there years before. It's almost like a mini-pilgrimage when I do this and I've sometimes visualized the prayers from all over the world being drawn to the Holy Land and the blessings moving back to those praying like a magnet.
Finally as I recite the prayer I focus on the words of the prayer as if I'm actually in the Presence.

Short Obligatory Prayer