• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you pray when there is a disconnect between what you know and how you feel?

whirlingmerc

This is such a powerful moving psalm..

Just wondering... besides suffering for His Name sake which is still present, do you think there are there sufferings that are present in the OT that will not be in the NT because of the work of the Cross?

God will wipe every tear from the redeemed eyes someday but not yet. Now there is comfort and a measure of deliverance but the fullest will come later
Psalm 102 a soul who pours out his compaint to god

pearl

The question asked in this thread was "How do you pray when there is a disconnect between what you know and how you feel?"

What one 'knows' must be reconciled with what one 'feel's, a knowing faith and a believing knowledge. Otherwise what the heart believes the mind may consider an absurdity.

Before I pray though I like to have a heartfelt urge to do so that I sincerely am opening my heart that God will be near to me and I can offer prayer through devotion.

Think of that 'urge' as being initiated by God.