• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know that the human form isn't actually a vacation site for spirits?

amorphous_constellation

Show spirits exist then we can consider where they go on vacation
The spirits and gods may want you to be ignorant of them, because in order for them to build a good vacation site they do not want the human mind too polluted by the metaphysical plane. Do you want to think about your job when you travel elsewhere to relax?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The spirits and gods may want you to be ignorant of them, because in order for them to build a good vacation site they do not want the human mind too polluted by the metaphysical plane. Do you want to think about your job when you travel elsewhere to relax?

So you can provide no evidence, i do wish people would be up front rather than attempting (and failing) to shift the blame for your failure to other people.

And yes, i always though about my work, i am retired now and still think about my work, i still produce work to relax

amorphous_constellation

So you can provide no evidence, i do wish people would be up front rather than attempting (and failing) to shift the blame for your failure to other people.

I think it might be somewhat testy to simply ask so bluntly for evidence of spirits as many people do, it may be not something that everyday ordinary people can handle. Maybe you shouldn't worry about the spirits, maybe they don't want to be spoken of so casually

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think it might be somewhat testy to simply ask so bluntly for evidence of spirits as many people do, it may be not something that everyday ordinary people can handle. Maybe you shouldn't worry about the spirits, maybe they don't want to be spoken of so casually

And again, no evidence.

I dont worry about dreams and mythology

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Abusers often phrase things as such to imply the abused is at fault for poor choices made by the abused.

Absolutely.

“It takes two to tango”

“You are only getting your own reflection”

“You only experience what you attract to yourself”

“Nobody but you is responsible for what happens to you”

Etc.

Much used by ‘life coaches’, ‘metaphysical therapists’ and ‘psychics’, ‘motivational trainers’ and other forms of camouflaged narcissists.

Goodman John

I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.

brain-from-planet-arous-gor.jpg

amorphous_constellation

Still no evidence and more evasion. Expected
You want me to put words into the spirit's mouths. Clearly they do not advocate that mode of operation. If they didn't find you, it's not my job to reveal them, nor should it be. This isn't really what I think the focus of the thread should be about.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You want me to put words into the spirit's mouths. Clearly they do not advocate that mode of operation. If they didn't find you, it's not my job to reveal them, nor should it be.

No,i want you to justify your claims.

Do t worry, I'll wait

amorphous_constellation

No,i want you to justify your claims.

Do t worry, I'll wait

As I said, there is no amount of ink I could spill that would break down the dam of your ontological solidity. The weakness of human language was never the medium, in any human tradition, whereby the human could actually connect to a metaphysical spirit. From the bible to wherever else, it required the inspiration that was made between man and spirit

ChristineM

Premium Member
As I said, there is no amount of ink I could spill that would break down the dam of your ontological solidity. The weakness of human language was never the medium, in any human tradition, whereby the human could actually connect to a metaphysical spirit. From the bible to wherever else, it required the inspiration that was made between man and spirit

If evidence existed it would be documented which is very easy to copy and paste or even provide a link.

But if more waffle pleases you then go ahead

74x12

Many religions are so focused on the afterlife and reuniting with god, and enjoying some kind of bliss forever. What may have blind-sighted us is the notion that spirits may have wanted the limitations as defined by the capturing cage of the flesh. Out there beyond the body, perhaps they are but a whisper of wind, but a corporeal form is the afterlife they hope for. We usually see the human form as full of misadventures and hardship, but perhaps the spirits find actual joy in the body, when the alternative is to wander a universe of desert planets. Without a tongue, there is no taste of food, without a nose, no smell of all the flowers. I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.
You're close to the truth. But these are not good spirits. They are the disembodied spirits of nephilim. A weird thing happened in ancient times. A group of angels made a pact to come down from heaven and marry human women. The result was hybrid children. Half human, half angel. These beings became quite evil. Including becoming cannibals. Anyway, they were killed by each other and/or died in the flood of Noah. But, now some of their spirits were cursed to remain on earth. Because they once were flesh and blood creatures. They do have all the desires of the flesh. They hunger and thirst etc. But they have no relief. So that's why they possess people. However, they are very evil and no one should let them in. They aren't your friend.

amorphous_constellation

If evidence existed it would be documented which is very easy to copy and paste or even provide a link.

But if more waffle pleases you then go ahead

Your reaction is expected, you want me to provide to you some easy armchair religion. You want me, a mere human, to guide you to some neat and tidy canon of beliefs, held together in a binder clip. If there really was a higher plane, do think beings would respect such a lack of effort. Did they do so for John the baptist, or did John the baptist actually go into the desert wilderness and eat the locusts for the sake of being closer to a god? Instead of this, you want an armchair religion... delivered neatly to you in a link

Last edited:

74x12

However, 'spirit' animates all of man as well
We all have spirits but the mixing of angelic with human seed was never meant to occur and since it did; their spirits are different than purely human spirits. Besides, human spirits are not cursed to remain on earth like those spirits.

QuestioningMind

Many religions are so focused on the afterlife and reuniting with god, and enjoying some kind of bliss forever. What may have blind-sighted us is the notion that spirits may have wanted the limitations as defined by the capturing cage of the flesh. Out there beyond the body, perhaps they are but a whisper of wind, but a corporeal form is the afterlife they hope for. We usually see the human form as full of misadventures and hardship, but perhaps the spirits find actual joy in the body, when the alternative is to wander a universe of desert planets. Without a tongue, there is no taste of food, without a nose, no smell of all the flowers. I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.

This is yet another of those silly 'what if' questions that has no verifiable answer. It's like asking What is you're just a disembodied head in a jar? Or What if we're all in the Matrix?