• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know that the human form isn't actually a vacation site for spirits?

amorphous_constellation

Many religions are so focused on the afterlife and reuniting with god, and enjoying some kind of bliss forever. What may have blind-sighted us is the notion that spirits may have wanted the limitations as defined by the capturing cage of the flesh. Out there beyond the body, perhaps they are but a whisper of wind, but a corporeal form is the afterlife they hope for. We usually see the human form as full of misadventures and hardship, but perhaps the spirits find actual joy in the body, when the alternative is to wander a universe of desert planets. Without a tongue, there is no taste of food, without a nose, no smell of all the flowers. I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.

Audie

Veteran Member
Many religions are so focused on the afterlife and reuniting with god, and enjoying some kind of bliss forever. What may have blind-sighted us is the notion that spirits may have wanted the limitations as defined by the capturing cage of the flesh. Out there beyond the body, perhaps they are but a whisper of wind, but a corporeal form is the afterlife they hope for. We usually see the human form as full of misadventures and hardship, but perhaps the spirits find actual joy in the body, when the alternative is to wander a universe of desert planets. Without a tongue, there is no taste of food, without a nose, no smell of all the flowers. I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.
Weird

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Kind of like Scientology's idea of a thetan.
Thetan - Wikipedia

the-parts-of-man.jpg

amorphous_constellation

Because there are places that no one vacations to.
As far as the eye can see, there is a host of desert planets. They cannot endure to wander them forever. For the chance to be alive, the spirits cast their lot here as the surface below the metaphysical grave, dying from an eternity in the ether

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As far as the eye can see, there is a host of desert planets. They cannot endure to wander them forever. For the chance to be alive, the spirits cast their lot here as their graveyard, dying from an eternity in the ether
And yet everyone in awhile they vacation in a place that may be tolerable at best and far worse from there. Vacation where people are dying of starvation, disease, and AIDs? Vacation where the home is abusive? Vacation in a depressed shell that ends up taking their life? My life's not the hardest or worst, but if anyone wanted to "vacation here" I'd seriously think they were an idiot.

amorphous_constellation

My life's not the hardest or worst, but if anyone wanted to "vacation here" I'd seriously think they were an idiot.
So I take it you favor the notion of a metaphysical realm of bliss?

So many of the things we do for 'fun' here on earth are strenuous and dangerous. I hike where there are mountain lions, sometimes I like climbing steep rocks. Other people jump from planes, explore the bottom of the Mariana trench.. on and on they push the line. Why would they do that?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That's pretty weird.

Who would want to take a vacation inside a human?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Actually I think the spirit does choose the physical limitations for the experiences and challenges of the physical plane. It’s called incarnation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually I think the spirit does choose the physical limitations for the experiences and challenges of the physical plane. It’s called incarnation.
I'm not too fond of that as it gives reason to believe someone "chose" the events and such of their life. It's a mentality common in those who are abusive.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'm not too fond of that as it gives reason to believe someone "chose" the events and such of their life. It's a mentality common in those who are abusive.
I'm not clear. I've never heard an abusive person say they chose that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've actually heard that idea before, that that's a reason that possessions happen.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Poetic.

Sounds like a variation on the Dream of Brahman, or perhaps Life is a Full Immersion Role Playing Game...

But I believe there is a multitude of places with life, as strange and wondrous as this Earth...and that's not even counting the spirit worlds...

amorphous_constellation

And yet everyone in awhile they vacation in a place that may be tolerable at best and far worse from there. Vacation where people are dying of starvation, disease, and AIDs? Vacation where the home is abusive? Vacation in a depressed shell that ends up taking their life? My life's not the hardest or worst, but if anyone wanted to "vacation here" I'd seriously think they were an idiot.

I was thinking about that, and I think a thing we overlook may be that this is a site of corporeal reality that is still being built, it's still in its infancy. The spirits want to build it into a place of more balance - a place with a 'perfection of balance.' This would involve giving everyone a fairer chance to live nearer to the better possibilities of this experience. However, the only way to do this is to keep living lives and building the foundation of the physical life concept until this occurs. That may be the basis of why this whole anthropocentric saga continues, it is rough out here, but that does not deter the will to forge forward. Then this will represent a better home for the spirits. This is the afterlife that they have the responsibility of building.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

And if pigs could fly would the price of bacon take off?

Show spirits exist then we can consider where they go on vacation