• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know that the human form isn't actually a vacation site for spirits?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
whether it is silly or not is a matter of perspective...personally, recognizing that it currently is not in any sense resolvable, it makes a good beer and pizza discussion...

InChrist

Free4ever
Many religions are so focused on the afterlife and reuniting with god, and enjoying some kind of bliss forever. What may have blind-sighted us is the notion that spirits may have wanted the limitations as defined by the capturing cage of the flesh. Out there beyond the body, perhaps they are but a whisper of wind, but a corporeal form is the afterlife they hope for. We usually see the human form as full of misadventures and hardship, but perhaps the spirits find actual joy in the body, when the alternative is to wander a universe of desert planets. Without a tongue, there is no taste of food, without a nose, no smell of all the flowers. I reckon that a spirit is nothing but a set of floating eyes and a mind.
I think one's imagination can go wild concerning the spiritual realm. That is why I believe God gave His written word to reveal reality to humanity which we otherwise would be woefully ignorant.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your reaction is expected, you want me to provide to you some easy armchair religion. You want me, a mere human, to guide you to some neat and tidy canon of beliefs, held together in a binder clip. If there really was a higher plane, do think beings would respect such a lack of effort. Did they do so for John the baptist, or did John the baptist actually go into the desert wilderness and eat the locusts for the sake of being closer to a god? Instead of this, you want an armchair religion... delivered neatly to you in a link

Absolutely not, i simply ask you to justify your claim. If you cannot do it the please do not misrepresent and blame my desires for your failure.