• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know if you're in Love?

I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO POST THIS AND I KNOW MY LAST THREAD IS ABOUT IF LOVE IS REAL BUT THIS IS URGENT AND I WANNA KNOW SORRY PLEASE HELP

I genuinely want to know on how you personally know if you're in love, there a guaranteed way to know how?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO POST THIS AND I KNOW MY LAST THREAD IS ABOUT IF LOVE IS REAL BUT THIS IS URGENT AND I WANNA KNOW SORRY PLEASE HELP

I genuinely want to know on how you personally know if you're in love, there a guaranteed way to know how?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In the first place, there are at least five different things that people call by one name, "love". Whether you're experiencing any one of those things depends on different signs. So there's no easy answer to your question.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In the first place, there are at least five different things that people call by one name, "love". Whether you're experiencing any one of those things depends on different signs. So there's no easy answer to your question.
Well, I rarely let stuff like that get in my way. :)

Hmmm.... how much to reveal....

From my own experience, yoiks... It is hard to describe, as it is so incredibly overwhelming and more than a little scary at times.

1. There is a palpable feeling when you are around the person with whom you are in love. In the very early stages this can be quite unsettling as you are on a genuine emotional roller coaster and that puppy moves amazingly fast...
2. You can actually feel a bit giddy, bursting out in smiles at strange times at the merest thought of the person. It can be hard to control in public, LOL.
3. You cannot get the person out of your mind and think of them endlessly. You find yourself replaying shared event in your head that were especially poignant and uplifting and eagerly look forward to your next meeting.
4. There is a tendency to put the person on a pedestal, at first, they are almost too good for you, but that coaxes you on.
5. You really connect with the person in verbal and non-verbal ways. You may even find yourselves finishing each other sentences to blushes and giggles.
6. then, of course, there is often a sexual aspect that surprises you with its urgency.
7. then, of course, there are the tears when you are apart... that's real fun *sigh*

That's just off the top of my head.

To answer your question, @Talientia are you guaranteed to know. It may take a bit of time for you to realize it, but when you do, the realization will hit like an emotional super-nova. And yes, people will notice there is something different about you.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Me and my late wife shared everything, Nothing was hers or mine. The House, bank accounts and savings were in both our names. Either could sign for anything. There was no need to even ask.
However, in practice, we discussed everything of importance. If one was unhappy about something that was the end of it.
Love is not about Passion, it is about Trust. Passion decreased over time Trust grows.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
1. There is a palpable feeling when you are around the person with whom you are in love. In the very early stages this can be quite unsettling as you are on a genuine emotional roller coaster and that puppy moves amazingly fast...
2. You can actually feel a bit giddy, bursting out in smiles at strange times at the merest thought of the person. It can be hard to control in public, LOL.
3. You cannot get the person out of your mind and think of them endlessly. You find yourself replaying shared event in your head that were especially poignant and uplifting and eagerly look forward to your next meeting.
4. There is a tendency to put the person on a pedestal, at first, they are almost too good for you, but that coaxes you on.
5. You really connect with the person in verbal and non-verbal ways. You may even find yourselves finishing each other sentences to blushes and giggles.
6. then, of course, there is often a sexual aspect that surprises you with its urgency.
7. then, of course, there are the tears when you are apart... that's real fun *sigh*

That's just off the top of my head.

Pretty good description of the early stages of romantic love. That's probably what she's talking about.

allfoak

Alchemist

How is it that we know anything?
If there is something we do not know about ourselves, we need to ask.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When you love the person so much that you would be willing to give up your life to save them.