• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about the centrist movement?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
A centrist is someone who is a political moderate. Centrists try to build bridges between two opposing parties. I am a centrist. I am fiscally and socially moderate. This is my request to staff for a centrist section, as I feel like a liar in the other political sections. There might be other centrists who want a section, so that is why I am asking. Thank you kindly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In my country the dichotomy right\left is obsolete; there is a great divide between souverainists (aka Nationalists) and globalists.
The first want to reduce the tyranny of the banking system and the markets, the second are colluded with them.
Heh...can I guess which side you're on, based on your descriptions of them??
:D lol....

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
I'm with you here. I too am a moderate and don't completely fit in on either side, but see value in some ideas that both share. Yes, think a centrist section would be worth a try.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I'm with you here. I too am a moderate and don't completely fit in on either side, but see value in some ideas that both share. Yes, think a centrist section would be worth a try.
Thank you. I would try the libertarians, but believe in a moderate centralized government, and balanced economy.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
A centrist is someone who is a political moderate. Centrists try to build bridges between two opposing parties. I am a centrist. I am fiscally and socially moderate. This is my request to staff for a centrist section, as I feel like a liar in the other political sections. There might be other centrists who want a section, so that is why I am asking. Thank you kindly.

Funny. I'm a centrist but don't want a separate section. It seems contrary. Just talk about politics in an open forum.

Please note, just my personal opinion, not a staff position.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
In my country the dichotomy right\left is obsolete; there is a great divide between souveranists (aka Nationalists) and globalists.
The first want to reduce the tyranny of the banking system and the markets, the second are colluded with them.

Heh...can I guess which side you're on, based on your descriptions of them??

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In my country the dichotomy right\left is obsolete; there is a great divide between souverainists (aka Nationalists) and globalists.

:D lol....
Or by another perspective, the first cling to pointless, destructive fantasy. The second do not.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How do you figure out who is a centrist in an age when the majority of the American public is to the left of the politicians?

For instance, my views mostly align with the majority of the American people. That would make me a true centrist -- but Fox and the rest of the far right think I'm an extreme leftist.

Reactions: Mox

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you figure out who is a centrist in an age when the majority of the American public is to the left of the politicians?

For instance, my views mostly align with the majority of the American people. That would make me a true centrist -- but Fox and the rest of the far right think I'm an extreme leftist.

It's tough. Further complications surround social versus economic issues. I'm more progressive on social issues, more centrist in economics.

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
That would make me a true centrist -- but Fox and the rest of the far right think I'm an extreme leftist.

I wouldn't worry about what the far right thinks of you, they are not the sort of people anyone should listen to for any reason, period. They are deletrious regressive and basically, ignorant.

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
It's tough. Further complications surround social versus economic issues. I'm more progressive on social issues, more centrist in economics.

You would be described as a left leaning centrist over here.

Left leaning centrists are basically the kind of voters every democratic nation urgently needs to step up and block the hard left and far right extremists, preventing them from causing utter havoc.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wouldn't worry about what the far right thinks of you, they are not the sort of people anyone should listen to for any reason, period. They are deletrious regressive and basically, ignorant.

Just using them to illustrate my point. Not saying their opinion matters.

Reactions: Mox

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes, fighting the International banking system is destructive for two or three dynasties, but not for the people of a nation.
Just in case there is any doubt, that is not what worries me. Nations as such are barely real, after all... nor am I interesed in safeguarding any banks.