• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you cope with intolerance?

agorman

Premium Member
I think I feel the best when I'm with Satan on my altar. Heck, not even on my altar; I just imagine the dark horned god for a while and even my muscles feel better. I think because I have a sensation of freedom I didn't have in other paths.

But how do you guys cope with intolerance? I live in Argentina which is a mostly Atheist and Christian country. I got some mild intolerance even while I tried Hinduism. I got comments from friends and family on India being backwards and poor, that Indians are savages who believe in stupid things and classify themselves in chastes, they leave cows alone while the population is starving, etc. So I ended up giving long explanations refuting all those affirmations (e.g. there are 100 million millionaires in India!) but sometimes it was heavy. I can't imagine the intolerance I'd get if I stay in Satanism. Even if I could get protection from Satan or my own self.

I'm considering to say for example, that I just follow my own path where I worship the "God of Nature". But whomever sees my Satanic altar will be suspicious or panic.

Milton Platt

I think I feel the best when I'm with Satan on my altar. Heck, not even on my altar; I just imagine the dark horned god for a while and even my muscles feel better. I think because I have a sensation of freedom I didn't have in other paths.

But how do you guys cope with intolerance? I live in Argentina which is a mostly Atheist and Christian country. I got some mild intolerance even while I tried Hinduism. I got comments from friends and family on India being backwards and poor, that Indians are savages who believe in stupid things and classify themselves in chastes, they leave cows alone while the population is starving, etc. So I ended up giving long explanations refuting all those affirmations (e.g. there are 100 million millionaires in India!) but sometimes it was heavy. I can't imagine the intolerance I'd get if I stay in Satanism. Even if I could get protection from Satan or my own self.

I'm considering to say for example, that I just follow my own path where I worship the "God of Nature". But whomever sees my Satanic altar will be suspicious or panic.

I'm actually an atheist and would not normally post in this section, buy your question about intolerance drew me in. Every religion (or rather the people in the religions) are intolerant of every other religion at one time or the other so it seems. It is pretty much universal, isn't it? So it won't matter which religion you choose to hang your hat on, or even if you forgo religion altogether. The result will be the same.

ScottySatan

I don't tell anyone what my religion is. It's none of their business. Closest friends and family know, but not the ones that would have a big problem with it. There's enough other stuff to talk about.

VioletVortex

Generally, if someone is laughing over my views, I simply play them up to a higher level. Then, I wait for something bad to happen to whoever insults me, and I do what I can to make them believe that I did it.

Someone at school kept saying "god bless you" to me as a joke. A week later, he lost a family member. Maybe that was prescribed by my will, maybe it was a random event, but whatever the cause, I used it against him.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7

What do you do on this altar of yours exactly?

agorman

Premium Member
What do you do on this altar of yours exactly?

Oh well I just sacrifice a politician every Saturday. :D

Now seriously; for now I just meditate, pray, light candles and incense and give food and drink offerings to Satan. Then after leaving them for a while on the altar I throw them to the Earth. Just as in paganism. I believe he likes whiskey and wine. I suspect he's the same horned god from Wicca, but more permissive. No law of three, etc. If I ever screw up and damage innocent people (by means of magic or not), my fault will be my punishment; not karma or divine justice. It's a religion for mature people. And for those few who can really control their minds. Wish for something bad for yourself and you'll get it! Do you feel the same about Satanism?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I suspect he's the same horned god from Wicca, but more permissive.

Your own brand of Satanism reminds me of our lady of endor coven, the organization itself was founded before the Church of Satan.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
Oh well I just sacrifice a politician every Saturday. :D

Now seriously; for now I just meditate, pray, light candles and incense and give food and drink offerings to Satan. Then after leaving them for a while on the altar I throw them to the Earth. Just as in paganism. I believe he likes whiskey and wine. I suspect he's the same horned god from Wicca, but more permissive. No law of three, etc. If I ever screw up and damage innocent people (by means of magic or not), my fault will be my punishment; not karma or divine justice. It's a religion for mature people. And for those few who can really control their minds. Wish for something bad for yourself and you'll get it! Do you feel the same about Satanism?
I won't pretend to know enough about Satanism to give an accurate view of them, but I suspect that some followers are subject to different levels of what they can tolerate, or what they can morally accept as permissible in their "rituals".
I see Satanism as the more traditional aspect of it depicted in the Bible under the guise of the pagan god Moloch. I assume you are familiar with this name and are probably aware of the darker things done under this gods name. I became curious on this because recently it had been shown that Hillary Clinton's people or in her circle of acquaintances (the elites) are involved in some occultic rituals, specifically speaking about Spirit Cooking.

Liu

How I cope with intolerance? Basically by not talking about my religion with many people. My family etc. has received some hints, and they most surely wouldn't mind the Satanism, but might have issues with the more religious aspects (unspiritual atheists/agnostics nearly all of them), and I don't feel like having to discuss religion on any frequent basis with them.

I became curious on this because recently it had been shown that Hillary Clinton's people or in her circle of acquaintances (the elites) are involved in some occultic rituals, specifically speaking about Spirit Cooking.
Lol, is everyone talking about that now? I don't know much about that issue, but from what I heard this "spirit-cooking" is one acquaintance of a friend of her combining performance art and white light rituals. So, has pretty much nothing to do with Satanism, and also not much with Clinton herself. You better go to the new agers if you are interested in such.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
How I cope with intolerance? Basically by not talking about my religion with many people. My family etc. has received some hints, and they most surely wouldn't mind the Satanism, but might have issues with the more religious aspects (unspiritual atheists/agnostics nearly all of them), and I don't feel like having to discuss religion on any frequent basis with them.

Lol, is everyone talking about that now? I don't know much about that issue, but from what I heard this "spirit-cooking" is one acquaintance of a friend of her combining performance art and white light rituals. So, has pretty much nothing to do with Satanism, and also not much with Clinton herself. You better go the new agers if you are interested in such.
It seems to be deeper than just a form of art as Marina Abramovic herself admitted that it depends where you are. She stated, "Everything depends on which context you are doing. If you are doing the occult magic in the context of art or in a gallery, then it is art. If you are doing it in different context, in spiritual circles or private house or on TV shows, it is not art. The intention, the context for what is made, and where it is made defines what art is or not."

I wouldn't discount that Marina is the only one Hillary has connections with that are into this occultic stuff, as she is one of several that simply got caught. I suspect Obama has been involved in these sort of rituals as well though that is just an opinion. Overall I think any form of levels you do that's involved in Satanism is harmful, physically, mentally and spiritually. As most probably know Satan is a deceiver and a liar, and those that follow him are simply being deceived - though there are some that are birds of a feather, perhaps.

ZeBDFUM.jpg

Last edited:

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
It seems to be deeper than just a form of art as Marina Abramovic herself admitted that it depends where you are. She stated, "Everything depends on which context you are doing. If you are doing the occult magic in the context of art or in a gallery, then it is art. If you are doing it in different context, in spiritual circles or private house or on TV shows, it is not art. The intention, the context for what is made, and where it is made defines what art is or not."

I wouldn't discount that Marina is the only one Hillary has connections with that are into this occultic stuff, as she is one of several that simply got caught. I suspect Obama has been involved in these sort of rituals as well though that is just an opinion. Overall I think any form of levels you do that's involved in Satanism is harmful, physically, mentally and spiritually. As most probably know Satan is a deceiver and a liar, and those that follow him are simply being deceived - though there are some that are birds of a feather, perhaps.

ZeBDFUM.jpg

This is 'Satanism DIR', so not a place to proselytise against Satanism or Satanists. By all means open a thread about this in one of the debate forums - and I'm sure at least some of us will be happy to engage with you - but this is a place for Satanists to talk amongst themselves, or non-Satanists to come and ask respectful questions.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I learned to not talk about it the hard way, mostly. Although there is a time and place for it, I don't see why it would come up with most people in 99% of situations. I usually default to "I'm Shaivite" if someone really asks me my beliefs. Though I do typically deny being a Satanist if I'm asked about it. Sometimes I'll just say that I'm "Left Hand Path" if I don't really care at the moment and if asked about it I'll make some vague reference to Tantra or magic. So I guess I have an advantage of convenience in that respect.

If it does, as in you can't avoid it, someone finding out your a Satanist, the best thing you can do is start by stating the core of your belief and emphasizing what you are and being clear about what you are not, and put it in very neutral and nonthreatening terms.

For example, 'meditation and appreciation for nature and human potential' ect sounds a lot better than mentioning stuff about magic, Satan, rituals or whatever. This can also work to avoid using any labels or "give aways" about being a Satanist.

Otherwise, if they don't know yet, you can always talk really abstract and over their heads if you want to make it so they give up trying to figure it out and stop asking. That's what I do a lot of the time lol.

agorman

Premium Member
Thanks for all your answers, anyway, to tell you the truth my spirituality is a mess nowadays!

Maybe the following UPGs will be useful for you Satanists. Maybe you felt the same. I believe Satan told me (I believe I received thoughts from him) that:

1) You don't know the meaning of the word "loyalty" (because I've changed of pantheon too many times).

2) Once in a trance I was with Satan in a dark forest. There were lots of bugs and other ugly creatures closing up on me. Wearing an upright pentagram was of no use. He made a gesture with his arms and they leaved me alone. He told me "don't worry they won't attack you again".

3) He also said to me "my path is too sad and gloomy, it's not for you". "Put a Buddha on your altar, after all, what the Buddha statue really means is a man that has balanced his chakras; that reached the summit of development of his chakras." "If you decide to stay with me, then meditate visualizing me and the Sun, so the Sun balances the darkness and wards off hostile beings."

4) Then I wondered if the Church called "Satan" a liberating dark god (sort of like Shiva). Almost the same relief from my neck pain that I got with Satan happened by repeating Shiva mantras. So I asked him if he is the same as Shiva and told me "yes". He informed me the West has no intelligent destroyer aspect of God so, we have Satan. Although here in the West most see him as an enemy and not someone you ask for help to. That makes me doubt of my UPG since Yaweh could also be considered a destroyer.

5) I asked him if he's an alien. He was annoyed with the question and answered me "Yes, we were aliens in ancient times, but nowadays we are spirits that chose to occupy certain roles to help Mankind". I told him "reptilians are supposed to handle darkness, but you don't look reptilian". He told me "I'm a pleiadian that handles darkness". Or better said, he was. These guys already went far beyond the stage of physical space people travelling in ships.

6) He didn't like me to call him "Satan". Everytime I called him like that I got a bad feeling from him, as if he was insulting me and underestimating me. "That's how the Church calls me and I don't like to have anything to do with the Church." He prefers names like "Azazel", "Rebel one", "Dark lord", "Goat god", etc. He loves being called "Goat god". Maybe that's how shamans call him.

7) He's not really a "God of Evil", but one of the lords that struggles against those spirits (gods) who oversee the World. He's one of those who doesn't like how the World is being managed. Odin is another one of those rebels.

In the end I've noticed the "Goat god" wasn't really comfortable with me and I felt the Buddha I put on the altar invoked buddha Shakyamuni, which in turn also wasn't agree with my conviction that violence is sometimes needed with some terrible people. I know this is subjective, but all I felt from the Buddha was contempt because I don't like universal compassion. I feel being compassionate with criminals is not being compassionate with their victims. Buddha told me "you don't get it".

Finally I felt the Buddha and the whole Universe guided me back to Ásatrú. I also got the message that my soul is Norse. Go figure... I never lasted more than one month on Ásatrú. Let's see what happens. I love Celtic and Norse cultures as my own, so it may work this time.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Some things are better kept within your inner circle, so that you might utilize people's perceptions of you to your advantage.

I find that people are far easier to deceive, exploit and manipulate than they would like to admit. Some truths may work against you, some may not. To complete a mission, to see a goal realized, or a grand plan come to fruition, one may have to adapt to a peoples' ways and learn to utilize the cultural currents to one's advantage, as one would experience through the art of Hensōjutsu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Thanks for all your answers, anyway, to tell you the truth my spirituality is a mess nowadays!

Maybe the following UPGs will be useful for you Satanists. Maybe you felt the same. I believe Satan told me (I believe I received thoughts from him) that:

1) You don't know the meaning of the word "loyalty" (because I've changed of pantheon too many times).

2) Once in a trance I was with Satan in a dark forest. There were lots of bugs and other ugly creatures closing up on me. Wearing an upright pentagram was of no use. He made a gesture with his arms and they leaved me alone. He told me "don't worry they won't attack you again".

3) He also said to me "my path is too sad and gloomy, it's not for you". "Put a Buddha on your altar, after all, what the Buddha statue really means is a man that has balanced his chakras; that reached the summit of development of his chakras." "If you decide to stay with me, then meditate visualizing me and the Sun, so the Sun balances the darkness and wards off hostile beings."

4) Then I wondered if the Church called "Satan" a liberating dark god (sort of like Shiva). Almost the same relief from my neck pain that I got with Satan happened by repeating Shiva mantras. So I asked him if he is the same as Shiva and told me "yes". He informed me the West has no intelligent destroyer aspect of God so, we have Satan. Although here in the West most see him as an enemy and not someone you ask for help to. That makes me doubt of my UPG since Yaweh could also be considered a destroyer.

5) I asked him if he's an alien. He was annoyed with the question and answered me "Yes, we were aliens in ancient times, but nowadays we are spirits that chose to occupy certain roles to help Mankind". I told him "reptilians are supposed to handle darkness, but you don't look reptilian". He told me "I'm a pleiadian that handles darkness". Or better said, he was. These guys already went far beyond the stage of physical space people travelling in ships.

6) He didn't like me to call him "Satan". Everytime I called him like that I got a bad feeling from him, as if he was insulting me and underestimating me. "That's how the Church calls me and I don't like to have anything to do with the Church." He prefers names like "Azazel", "Rebel one", "Dark lord", "Goat god", etc. He loves being called "Goat god". Maybe that's how shamans call him.

7) He's not really a "God of Evil", but one of the lords that struggles against those spirits (gods) who oversee the World. He's one of those who doesn't like how the World is being managed. Odin is another one of those rebels.

In the end I've noticed the "Goat god" wasn't really comfortable with me and I felt the Buddha I put on the altar invoked buddha Shakyamuni, which in turn also wasn't agree with my conviction that violence is sometimes needed with some terrible people. I know this is subjective, but all I felt from the Buddha was contempt because I don't like universal compassion. I feel being compassionate with criminals is not being compassionate with their victims. Buddha told me "you don't get it".

Finally I felt the Buddha and the whole Universe guided me back to Ásatrú. I also got the message that my soul is Norse. Go figure... I never lasted more than one month on Ásatrú. Let's see what happens. I love Celtic and Norse cultures as my own, so it may work this time.

Whatever works. As far as what symbol, deity, or idea works for you... I've heard it described as like using something in a dream to startle you awake. The thing in the dream is part of the dream, not part of reality, but yet it awakens you to reality. As far as what symbol, deity, or idea works for you... I've heard it described as like using something in a dream to startle you awake. The thing in the dream is part of the dream, not part of reality, but yet it awakens you to reality. I wouldn't say you have to see this world as fake to make use of this idea, it can be (as I think) very real, we just experience it in a less-than-real way, and we see ourselves in a less-than-real way as well. The path you make is supposed to make you more aware and in-tune with your purpose and deeper nature. That's my view anyway, at least in part.

As a side note I wouldn't say that Shiva is "dark", although he has dark and fierce forms some of which can be violentish (but it isn't for evil). Another side note... I wouldn't say that violence is always forbidden by Buddhism, at least not all of it. There is at least one story where a sailor knew someone was guilty of something horrible and would be mobbed, and so decided to kill him so only he would incur the karma as opposed to the entire crew. Maybe that story isn't literal but it still stands.

Lux Ferre

Generally, I do not discuss religion or the sort with outsiders. I really do not care. If you are going to be on the LHP, it's imperative to grow thick skin. People are not going to like your path, but I'm at the point in my life where I can respect that.