• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you cook paneer cheese?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, it depends on what I'm putting it in.

If I'm using it in a sauce, I'll drop it right in the saucepan on the stovetop and heat it in there, usually in cubes unless I'm making paneer bhurji, in which case I either shred or crumble it and mix it in.

If I'm making a dry dish, such as paneer puliyogare (not even sure if it's an authentic dish or just something I decided to toss together), I'll air fry cubes, and depending on how ambitious I am, I may coat it in oil and season it first.

How do you cook your paneer cheese?

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For me, it depends on what I'm putting it in.

If I'm using it in a sauce, I'll drop it right in the saucepan on the stovetop and heat it in there, usually in cubes unless I'm making paneer bhurji, in which case I either shred or crumble it and mix it in.

If I'm making a dry dish, such as paneer puliogare (not even sure if it's an authentic dish or just something I decided to toss together), I'll air fry cubes, and depending on how ambitious I am, I may coat it in oil and season it first.

How do you cook your paneer cheese?
We don't use it much at all, but I though the question was going to be abput how you make it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We don't use it much at all, but I though the question was going to be abput how you make it.
I did look into the a while back because I was curious.

I was just never really motivated to make it on my own; I usually buy it at the store, either in refrigerated bricks, or more often frozen cubes, but here's a recipe for anyone interested:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

How do you cook paneer cheese?​

I don't. I didn't know it existed until i read @JustGeorge talking about it a few months ago.

I looked for it in the supermarkets for a while without luck so promptly forgot about it.

This thread has reminded me... Tomorrow we are off to a distant market, I'll check out the nearby supermarket there.

If it's still conspicuous by it's absence i may have a go at making some.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

How do you cook paneer cheese?​

I don't. I didn't know it existed until i read @JustGeorge talking about it a few months ago.

I looked for it in the supermarkets for a while without luck so promptly forgot about it.

This thread has reminded me... Tomorrow we are off to a distant market, I'll check out the nearby supermarket there.

If it's still conspicuous by it's absence i may have a go at making some.
It’s not in supermarkets here either. I have to go to an Indian grocery.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've never cooked it.
I don't even know what it is...except that it's cheese.
However, I know that I must've enjoyed it on many
occasions at Indian restaurants.
I eat many things I don't recognize. But never ever
anything bigger than my head. Note: Shi Zi Tou is
actually smaller than a lion's head.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've never cooked it.
I don't even know what it is...except that it's cheese.
However, I know that I must've enjoyed it on many
occasions at Indian restaurants.
I eat many things I don't recognize. But never ever
anything bigger than my head. Note: Shi Zi Tou is
actually smaller than a lion's head.
I kind of liken it to cottage cheese except square.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Informative frube.

There are no Indian grocery stores for at least 100km in any direction... Ain't rural living fun?
I hear its really easy to make.

I've prepared paneer in many different ways. My husband would like to think its only for matar paneer, but there are lots of good ways to eat it.

The most unusual way(and most difficult) I've used it was in something called cake sondesh... It was good, but we struggled a lot to get it to hold shape.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Informative frube.

There are no Indian grocery stores for at least 100km in any direction... Ain't rural living fun?
That's not rural...that's not even 3rd world...it's lunar.
Even Revoltistan has so many that there's a top 10
list for them.