• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I ask a girl out?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
You'd think with all of my plotting and relational scheming, I would have thought of this, but...

HOW do I ask a girl out? Do I ask her to be my girlfriend first, and then take her out to lunch/dinner? Or do I ask her out to lunch/dinner, and then ask her to be my girlfriend there? Do I go on a couple "pre-dates" before asking her to be my girlfriend? Or is "girlfriend' a status gained by a certain amount of dates, not something you ask someone to be?

Also, how do I decide which girl to ask out? There's two girls I like, and I seem to like the one I saw most recently the most. I'd try and describe the girls, but I'm not entirely sure it's "ok" to post everything I know about a person in real life without their knowledge. PM me if you want more information on the girls.

Kerr

I would suggest dinner or lunch first, so you get to know each others first, and then maybe ask the gf question. Do NOT take my word for that it is a good advice, though, have only had one girlfriend and it was she that took the step, lol.

What is a good advice is to not give away personal information like that on the net. PMs included.

Aquitaine

You don't "ask girls out", that's never how it's done, for Christ's sake TAL, how many times must I tell you....

You just throw stones at them.
Then run!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
What is a good advice is to not give away personal information like that on the net. PMs included.
Meh, no personal information, just a basic physical description of the girls, how often I see them, what I feel when I see them, and a rough estimate of their age as compared to mine. I just felt like it wasn't a good idea to give public descriptions for every new crush. Someone might be able to put the pieces together and figure out who I am.

silvermoon383

I know what you're going through, it's taken me weeks to work up the courage to ask at times.

I would recommend doing something simple for the first date, a simple lunch/dinner and maybe a walk in the park or something where you can spend time talking. Don't do a movie for the first time, you don't get to know the girl at a movie theater.

And take both out (just not at the same time of course. XD). Maybe 1 on a Friday, the 2nd on a Saturday, or 2 consecutive saturdays, or whatever works for your schedule.

I know it's a tough thing to do, like I said, it can take me weeks to do it at times. All I can say is just relax and don't beat around the bush. (Took me a long time to learn that lesson.) Look them straight in the eye, and ask if they want to go out on X day. make sure to have another day in mind in case they say yes but that particular day wouldn't work.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I'd fix your penis problem first.
(In case anyone's wondering, he's referring to a swelling and pain I've had on my penis.)
Yeah, I think I got that worked out. It doesn't hurt or swell so badly as long as I don't masturbate too much. I still get random headaches while masturbating (which go away after climax), but that shouldn't be a problem.
I would recommend doing something simple for the first date, a simple lunch/dinner and maybe a walk in the park or something where you can spend time talking. Don't do a movie for the first time, you don't get to know the girl at a movie theater.
Yeah, I know, I hate most movies. My question was how I determine which girl I should ask out, and how to approach her =/.
And take both out (just not at the same time of course. XD). Maybe 1 on a Friday, the 2nd on a Saturday, or 2 consecutive saturdays, or whatever works for your schedule.
Ok. How do I know which one to make my girlfriend though? What if they both end up liking me?

Is there a way I can decide besides randomly? Does it matter that one's a grade ahead of me? Should I factor in the girl's race (the older girl is Indian; India owns ;))?

Anyways, I know what my first step for the Indian girl will be if I choose her. You see, I conveniently got an assignment from one of my classes that requires me to interview a second-year student :D. I just need to "interview" her and take her to lunch/dinner while I'm at it, and boom, I just broke the ice and I can feel comfortable talking to her afterwards, and if I do the rest right, I MIGHT have a new girlfriend after the maneuver's done :).

For the other girl, I could just ask her out to lunch as we're walking out of any class (we have eachother in every single class) :D.

silvermoon383

I'd hold off on the girlfriend thing for a while actually. Test the waters with a number of young women first, then decide which one you'd want to go deeper with.

Think of dating like a funnel. You casually date a lot of young women to figure out who you'd want to spend more time with, then more seriously date those, narrowing the field to those you'd want to court, then take that group to pick the 1 you'd want to court to engagement/marriage.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
New update! :bounce:

I just asked the girl out to lunch/dinner. We haven't decided when it's going to be yet, but I definitely got a positive answer (she said we'd figure it out, since we have all the same classes and schedule).
:cheer: :D :bounce :rainbow1: :woohoo:

Mr Cheese

New update! :bounce:

I just asked the girl out to lunch/dinner. We haven't decided when it's going to be yet, but I definitely got a positive answer (she said we'd figure it out, since we have all the same classes and schedule).
:cheer: :D :bounce :rainbow1: :woohoo:

yay...you must be a stud

Oberon

(In case anyone's wondering, he's referring to a swelling and pain I've had on my penis.)
Yeah, I think I got that worked out. It doesn't hurt or swell so badly as long as I don't masturbate too much. I still get random headaches while masturbating (which go away after climax), but that shouldn't be a problem.

You need warning labels for such threads, man! Too much information! :)

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Hmm, we just had the "date" (I'm not sure if it's called that yet).

We mainly discussed politics and a little religion (it was unavoidable, seeing that 90% or so of my interests are political or religious XD). I've found that she is an atheist and she seems to be a democrat (she seemed to understand most of what I told her, but she said that she's not real up to date on politics, and she likes Obama so far and thinks he's "more open minded" than Bush). I think it will be easy to convert her to communism, seeing that she has little ingrained political idealogy and since communism has everything going for it :D. But the religion, I do not know what to do about it. In all honesty, I'm closer to "rational" atheist than the average "Christian," but I don't know what kind of atheist she is. There's "rational" atheists (most of the atheists here) and "evangelical" atheists, for lack of a better name (people like Richard Dawkins who think that all religion is evil and must be wiped from humanity would be considered evangelical atheists). If she's an evangelical, it will probably become a problem. If she's a rational atheist, we'll probably get along fine, and if the relationship progresses, one or both of us will end up integrating into the other's faith or lack thereof. It's hard to love someone and still harbor those kinds of barriers.

But all in all, she seemed to enjoy it :). She seemed to smile a lot, and usually laughed a little every time I pointed out something stupid in American politics (ie, "They SHOULD have optional Bible classes in school... a lot less people would be misled by religious demagogues if people actually read the Bible! XD"). She obviously doesn't hate me (and yes she knows that I'm Christian, she asked if I was and I said something along the lines of "meh, I try to be :)"), so I think we're off to a good start.

Would this be our first date, or are they not called dates until later?

Alceste

Vagabond
That's a date. Way to go Al. :D Don't worry - there are not very many "evangelical" atheists out there, despite what the theists on RF will tell you. Especially among women and girls. As a Christian, you'd have a lot more trouble with a wiccan than an atheist, IMO.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Its a date.Its always a date unless otherwise specified.

Just dont talk to much about your self.Especially your penis problems. :D

And STOP trying to analyze her..Just enjoy her company.

DUDE you analyze too much.

She is a girl ..Not a mathematical equation!

Love

Dallas

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
She is a girl ..Not a mathematical equation!
Girls ARE mathematical equations!
49ba4dce8fb2f7.19111107frogview-gallery.jpg

:D