• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If Moses a prophet why we think that he wrote about past events. A prophet talk about future events that will take place.
Moses wrote Genesis after 2000 years. But why we think that he wrote about past events, like the creation of the earth. Think about what if he wrote about future events and he talk alegorically about the coming of Jesus.
Remember John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Why who believe in God doesn't agree with science. Because science talk about the creation of the world (BigBang, evolution and all the other stuff) and God talk about his work on earth and in heaven in a manner that we need discovery from HIM to understand. It's just an example the fact that the bible doesn't talk about the creation of the world like we think it. BUT YES, it is a new world that last from Jesus until now.

The Bible does talk of creation in that God used His ' power and strength ' ( His abundant dynamic energy ) to create - Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17

There is the ' world ' of OLD - Noah's day - 2 Peter 3:5
There is the ' world ' of NOW - since Noah's day to now - 2 Peter 3:7
There is the ' world ' of NEW - that starts with Jesus' coming NEW 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth - 2 Peter 3:13

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is the earliest written form of the Hebrew word God ?
The Hebrew Scriptures existed long before the 6th century.
The Proto-Indo-Europeans existed 6,000 years ago. That is a much older tradition. I am not an expert on Middle-Eastern traditions but I think the words used were El and Elohim. These were used in Aramaic also.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME
You learn that somewhere, sometimes from someone.
Why do you think Jesus not ruling right now?

Before Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, first, Jesus is head of the Christian congregation - Ephesians 5:23; 1 Corinthians 11:3 B
In other words, genuine Christians are under the Law of Christ - Ephesians 6:2 - and display the self-sacrificing love as Jesus said at John 13:34-35
So, yes, Jesus is ruling right now but it is over the Christian congregation, but Not over the globe.
Jesus will take the future action described at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 19:14-16 - by ridding the Earth of the wicked - Psalms 92:7
Also, before Jesus begins his millennium-long day of governing over Earth, there will be the ' time of separation ' on Earth taking place - Matthew 25:31-33,37
The 'good news of God's kingdom' must also be proclaimed on an international scale as Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8 mentions before Jesus rule covers the Earth.
We are nearing the ' final phase ' of that world-wide spiritual work. Modern technology has even made possible rapid Bible translation into people's mother tongues or native languages.
We are also nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " before the end comes of all badness on Earth, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
So, Jesus is ruling or governing over the Christian congregation right now, and soon will take the action to govern over the whole world - Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Proto-Indo-Europeans existed 6,000 years ago. That is a much older tradition. I am not an expert on Middle-Eastern traditions but I think the words used were El and Elohim. These were used in Aramaic also.

Both Elohim and Adhonai stand for titles such as 'Sovereign Lord' or 'God' which are titles and Not a name.
Neither of them are the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) which was Not a title but letters which stand for a proper name.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
This isnt a Christian-only thread. If you dont use the word god, use what you normally use. Dont talior answers around mine. Try not to be influenced by christian themes if your faith is far from abrahamic Muslim, Christian, od Jewish. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern people of all faiths. No debatea. Comparative religion.

:seedling:

Hate to say this, my practice doesnt come with a creation of the earth story. I was taught we came from the waters. Thats what I believe. I saw it in the Smithsonean exibit once and I thought it was old wise talea. Guess not. I dont know what that field of science is called. Genesis from water or human genesis from water? Tried to look it up. Anway, the spirits are the waters, sun, moon, etc. They created us if I were to personify them as deities for better and lack of scientific jargon I know nothing about.

According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The more details the better.

If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.

No debate

well I may be Christian, but I don't confine my view to the Bible at all.

The infinite imagination imagined all things that ever could be into always existing.

Its like when someone invented the game of chess, then all the possible games
that could exist, came into being in logical space. Since then our souls
go through all the logical variations within the multiverse.

Brian Schuh

Through speech. God created the universe by speech. He said ten things over six days. But it can only be understood through Kabbala. The sun wasn't created until the 4th day, so how long was a day prior to that? And it seems to not be in strict chronological order. The Talmud says the whole universe was no bigger than a mustard seed and then it exploded. And it said this well over a thousand years before any scientist said it. But my final answer is that God spoke everything into existence.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Through speech. God created the universe by speech. He said ten things over six days. But it can only be understood through Kabbala. The sun wasn't created until the 4th day, so how long was a day prior to that? And it seems to not be in strict chronological order. The Talmud says the whole universe was no bigger than a mustard seed and then it exploded. And it said this well over a thousand years before any scientist said it. But my final answer is that God spoke everything into existence.
That's all very poetic, but it's nonsense. "Through speech" is not a mechanism. It's not testable. It's not reproducible, it doesn't utilize any laws of physics or chemistry. What you're saying, in effect, is that Godidit by magic.

Brian Schuh

That's all very poetic, but it's nonsense. "Through speech" is not a mechanism. It's not testable. It's not reproducible, it doesn't utilize any laws of physics or chemistry. What you're saying, in effect, is that Godidit by magic.
Okay, how about this? God bought the universe from Walmart, took it home and took it out of the box, only to discover he needed a special screwdriver to assemble the universe. So after making a special trip to Home Depot and several hours, he saw what he had done and said that it was good.

Now I prefer my first answer based on the Bible and the Talmud. You can find someone whether scientist or not who can make up something that will make you happy.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
This is what the OP asked:
According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The more details the better.

If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.

No debate

This is the Comparative Religions forum, not a debate thread. If you want to argue that magic isn't an acceptable answer, then you need to start your own thread in the general religious debates section, or somewhere else where it is appropriate.

The OP asked what's people's beliefs about how creation came about--if their answers are magic (or what you call magic) this isn't the place to demand that everyone give you a detailed scientifically-acceptable description.

godnotgod

Thou art That
The Bible does talk of creation in that God used His ' power and strength ' ( His abundant dynamic energy ) to create - Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17

There is the ' world ' of OLD - Noah's day - 2 Peter 3:5
There is the ' world ' of NOW - since Noah's day to now - 2 Peter 3:7
There is the ' world ' of NEW - that starts with Jesus' coming NEW 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth - 2 Peter 3:13

I think he was referring to "the way we see it today" via science.

godnotgod

Thou art That
well I may be Christian, but I don't confine my view to the Bible at all.

The infinite imagination imagined all things that ever could be into always existing.

Its like when someone invented the game of chess, then all the possible games
that could exist, came into being in logical space. Since then our souls
go through all the logical variations within the multiverse.

One thing is for certain: whether it was ''created" by some deity, or is merely a phantasma, the consciousness behind it is one that loves great variety and color. Looking into the face of nature, we do not see just one kind of bird, or one kind of tree. The potential within the original forms radiated outwards (ala Darwin's Finches) to manifest as multitudinous forms. On top of this, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the sheer magnitude of number of stars, for example. IOW, their seemingly infinite number appears simply for the sheer joy of existence. Otherwise, what function do they possibly serve?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Where did she get the starter dough from, eh? Come now! Science and religion have been there, considered that for centuries. Still no resolution.

' starter dough ' that came from God's great ' power and strength '.
God supplied the abundantly needed dynamic energy to create the material realm of existence.

- Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17;Psalms 104:30

godnotgod

Thou art That
' starter dough ' that came from God's great ' power and strength '.
God supplied the abundantly needed dynamic energy to create the material realm of existence.

- Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17;Psalms 104:30

Ah, magic! Of course! IOW, The Big Bang (otherwise knows as the 'Grande Bungatorre') was an event in CONSCIOUSNESS, an event not in Time or Space.

But tell me: where does the dynamic energy realm end and the material realm begin?

And so, in the Beginning, No-thing existed, and then God magically created Starter Dough out of Nothing At All, out of which He in turn created the Cosmos, correct?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Ah, magic! Of course! IOW, The Big Bang (otherwise knows as the 'Grande Bungatorre') was an event in CONSCIOUSNESS, an event not in Time or Space.

But tell me: where does the dynamic energy realm end and the material realm begin?
I will point out AGAIN that this is NOT A DEBATE THREAD: it is not okay to challenge people about their beliefs here. The OP asked for people to describe their/their religion's beliefs with NO DEBATE (in the Comparative Religions forum, which is not for debates...it's for comparisons). If you want to argue about their beliefs vs. your beliefs, go start a thread in a DEBATE section.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And so, in the Beginning, No-thing existed, and then God magically created Starter Dough out of Nothing At All, out of which He in turn created the Cosmos, correct?

Regardless by what label the beginning of the material realm is called there was a start or a beginning.
God's dynamic energy does Not end because according to Psalms 90:2 God is from everlasting ( No beginning )
So, God was ' before ' the beginning of creation. God and His power and strength existed ' before ' the beginning of creation.
The ' Starter Dough ' was Not out of Nothing at All. God supplied the needed something.
God supplied His ' power and strength ' His energy to create the visible material realm of existence.

- references -> Isaiah 40:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17; Psalms 104:30