• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This isnt a Christian-only thread. If you dont use the word god, use what you normally use. Dont talior answers around mine. Try not to be influenced by christian themes if your faith is far from abrahamic Muslim, Christian, od Jewish. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern people of all faiths. No debatea. Comparative religion.

:seedling:

Hate to say this, my practice doesnt come with a creation of the earth story. I was taught we came from the waters. Thats what I believe. I saw it in the Smithsonean exibit once and I thought it was old wise talea. Guess not. I dont know what that field of science is called. Genesis from water or human genesis from water? Tried to look it up. Anway, the spirits are the waters, sun, moon, etc. They created us if I were to personify them as deities for better and lack of scientific jargon I know nothing about.

According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The more details the better.

If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.

No debate

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This sentence is not a thing.

I dont inderstand. A lot of people who are ex-christian answer god questions from a christian view if they dont have a solid view of their own a part from it. To defuse being an christian related thread, I ask not to use christian definitions if it does not apply to their current faith.

I dont understand how that can be a "thing"?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I dont inderstand. A lot of people who are ex-christian answer god questions from a christian view if they dont have a solid view of their own a part from it. To defuse being an christian related thread, I ask not to use christian definitions if it does not apply to their current faith.

I dont understand how that can be a "thing"?
Abrahamic and Christian are not synonyms.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
The more details, the better?

Does Hindu gods have creation stories?
Our universe isn't the first, or only universe in reality. Narayana didn't create the universe out of nothing, it was always there. Reality has no beginning, nor does it have an end, for the Lord is reality itself. Lord Vishnu manifests himself again and again as our universe is destroyed and created endlessly. Only one God created the universe, and that is Lord Hari (Vishnu, Narayana). Hinduism is a very broad term.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This sentence is not a thing.

"Try not to be influenced by christian themes if your faith is far from abrahamic."

If your faith is far from Abrahamic, christian being kne example, try not to be influenced by that religion.

If your faith isnt abrahamic, christian for example, try not to let your answers be influenced by christian themes.

Does Judaism have a different perspective on how Islam and Christian define the origin of Creation?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Our universe isn't the first, or only universe in reality. Narayana didn't create the universe out of nothing, it was always there. Reality has no beginning, nor does it have an end, for the Lord is reality itself. Lord Vishnu manifests himself again and again as our universe is destroyed and created endlessly. Only one God created the universe, and that is Lord Hari (Vishnu, Narayana). Hinduism is a very broad term.

Im confused. The universe has always been here and Lord Hari created it?

Would "created" be the right word?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Judaism doesn't care how Christianity or Islam define anything. Why do you think it would?

I never asked if you cared. I am direct. The OP asked.

1. What is your creation story
2. Please dont tailor it around christianity (if that is not your faith)
3. I corrected and clarified what I am asking
4. I ask if Judaism has a creation story with a different perspective of christianity and islam (add: and any other faiths if different)

I never asked if you cared.

Please read my intentions behind my post below.

There is no hidden messages or questions. It is your choice to answer the question.

5. No debate

Tumah

Veteran Member
I never asked if you cared. I am direct. The OP asked.

1. What is your creation story
2. Please dont tailor it around christianity (if that is not your faith)
3. I corrected and clarified what I am asking
4. I ask if Judaism has a creation story with a different perspective of christianity and islam (add: and any other faiths if different)

I never asked if you cared.

Please read my intentions behind my post below.

There is no hidden messages or questions. It is your choice to answer the question.

5. No debate
My mistake. What you said was,
"Does Judaism have a different perspective on how Islam and Christian define the origin of Creation?"
It looks like you were asking if Judaism has a perspective on the way Islam and Christianity understand the Creation Narrative. To that I answered, that no we do not. Judaism is not involved with how other religions understand things.

Hopefully you can see why I was mistaken in understanding what you said.
To question 4, yes, Judaism (particularly Orthodox Judaism) has a substantially different view on the creation process. I am in the process of studying it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My mistake. What you said was,
"Does Judaism have a different perspective on how Islam and Christian define the origin of Creation?"
It looks like you were asking if Judaism has a perspective on the way Islam and Christianity understand the Creation Narrative. To that I answered, that no we do not. Judaism is not involved with how other religions understand things.

Hopefully you can see why I was mistaken in understanding what you said.
To question 4, yes, Judaism (particularly Orthodox Judaism) has a substantially different view on the creation process. I am in the process of studying it.

I live in an christian area immediate to gov and it has an imfluence on me. I forget especially online, in general, not everyone knows the christian faith. That and I love studying religion. I dont as much cause I cant remember what learned.

It would be learning experience to see how both Jew and Christian talk to each other about creation. I cant post it in same faith or DIR, so with other religions hopefully this thread will have a rainbow of answers...

Outside of always comparing it to science (general statement). :(

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Im confused. The universe has always been here and Lord Hari created it?

Would "created" be the right word?
It is endlessly created and destroyed. Like how a kid creates a sand-castle, and then it is eventually smashed or the sea got to it. The castle is still sand, just in another form. When it is destroyed, the sand returns to it's 'formless' form, ie, the sand pervades the beach, like an ocean. Similarly, Lord Narayana, with his effulgence, forms the universe, then is eventually destroyed. This has been happening since forever. Like i said, There was no beginning, and there was no end. Even i find it hard to grasp it.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The gods I worship didn't create the Earth - she created them even if indirectly. According to the Greeks Gaia was mother to Cronus & Rhea who were mother & father to the Olympians.

Having said all that, how the Universe came to be, who created who etc. isn't an important factor in how I practise my religion.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The more details, the better? Does Hindu gods have creation stories?
Terese has given the version according to the beliefs of her sect. I respect and accept that, though the story in my belief is different (Hindus say 'yes' even to beliefs of their religion that they differ with. We do not deny the beliefs of other Hindus. Narayana sure does it). :)

In my belief (Advaita Hinduism), there is no creation and no destruction. It is only 'maya', make-believe. I do not term what exists as God, the concept of Brahman is different. Brahman has no need to create anything. It itself fills the whole universe and nothing other than it exists.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?.....
No debate
Peace be on you.
According to Ahmadiyya-Muslim understating of Holy Quran, God made the universe (earth is included) through:
Command which lead to
Creation and
Guided-evolution

Ref: Quranic references @
Book: Revelation, Rationality, Knowledge & Truth @
alislamDOTorg