• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

Firstly God didnt create the earth... we did along with all else we see through the flesh aka body senses.
Basically everything exists in thought including our bodies.
Presently we are One mind believing it is many... some have glimspes of that and return to speak of it in many mnay forms from NDE experiences to Religions ... all have some truth in and all have been literalised to a degree which makes them then useless for pointing.
Water is a metaphor for thought .. Jesus walking on the water, calming the storm etc are all about thinking and not literal. Healing the blind is about restoring the knowledge of Love to men and nothing to do with fixing an eyeball.
Going up the mountain ie moses etc are all about moving from mans thinking to Higher thinking .. to see through the vision of Love rather than the eyes of the flesh.
Of course if you see God you die ... because only as Love can you see God and thus your identification as a man dies....You return from the experience with a restored identity .. born again ... Buddha .. Christ consciousness ... many names.

As we move towards looking through the higher vision .. LOVE.... we see a different world, a world that God/Love Created.... A World of Infinite LOVE ..... Heaven Nirvana ... many names... Its s process ... (and no i havent just contradicted myself that God didnt creat the world we see... but its a process an we have to move to seeing a loving world rather than a fearful world ... untIl we SEE through LOVE)

So simple stuff .. and the old adage that the devil is in the detail is true.... God Truth Love is simple .. no books theology required :)

God actually is ............LOVE

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
"When G-d began to Create the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of G-d was hovering over the face of the water.
And G-d said, "Let there be light," and there was light."

G-d Created All and Everything; the Universe; This material World; Everything that exists; from Nothing.
That's pretty much it.
Questions?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
They didn't. The way I see it, the Gods came after the Universe was already there.

The one/ones who "created" the Universe in my view are not beings that would be wise to worship as Gods.

LionDog1

ME.jpg
G-d spoke and thus it was created.

godnotgod

Thou art That
My perspective from reading the biblical scriptures, is that the Creator God spoke the earth and all creation into existence.

As I recall, that notion originally came from the Hindus thousands of years before, who claim Sanskrit to be the original divine language of God.

Christianity has borrowed many doctrines from other already established religions.

The Bible begins: "In the Beginning, was the Word, and the Word became Flesh..."

And what is behind the Word? The breath, which is considered to be the life-force in the East.

In ancient Greece, the word pneuma meant breath, air, spirit. It is, of course, the root word for pneumatic and pneumonia, words everscerated by modern science of their original spiritual meanings.

Unfortunately, Christianity adopted blood as the life-force from the pagan religions that practiced blood sacrifice, even though the
Bible begins with the idea that breath is the life-force (taken from the Hindus, most likely). A corruption, as I see it.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What do you mean by superflucious, though, many christians 'mainly' believe in the story in the Bible. Isnthat the case for you? How similar? Or how different?

Very similar, however, this of course differs when people consider what 'Deity', or type of Deity, is doing the creating, and so forth. There is obviously a lot of difference there that could arise. This seems to be somewhat not the original thread question, however. Also, how/why can I contrast my beliefs to these supposed ''mainstream'' ones? Personally, I don't really know what you mean by that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc. how was the earth created?
The more details the better.
If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.
No debate

According to Isaiah 40:26 God supplied the abundantly needed high-density dynamic energy to create the material world.- Job 26:7
God supplied His great ' power and strength ' ( energy ) - Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17; Psalms 104:30; Psalms 33:6

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
According to Isaiah 40:26 God supplied the abundantly needed high-density dynamic energy to create the material world.- Job 26:7
God supplied His great ' power and strength ' ( energy ) - Jeremiah 10:12; Jeremiah 27:5; Jeremiah 32:17; Psalms 104:30; Psalms 33:6

Literally?

This isnt a Christian-only thread. If you dont use the word god, use what you normally use. Dont talior answers around mine. Try not to be influenced by christian themes if your faith is far from abrahamic Muslim, Christian, od Jewish. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern people of all faiths. No debatea. Comparative religion.

:seedling:

Hate to say this, my practice doesnt come with a creation of the earth story. I was taught we came from the waters. Thats what I believe. I saw it in the Smithsonean exibit once and I thought it was old wise talea. Guess not. I dont know what that field of science is called. Genesis from water or human genesis from water? Tried to look it up. Anway, the spirits are the waters, sun, moon, etc. They created us if I were to personify them as deities for better and lack of scientific jargon I know nothing about.

According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The more details the better.

If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.

No debate
Hi Carlita, that is a good question.
I am a christian for over 40 years.
My belief is that God being a trinity created the heavens and the earth through his word. Before that there was nothing, just the Word of God (Jesus-Son of God), the Holy Spirit of God, and God the Father. the heavens and the earth were spoken into existence by God. The Father being the One who speaks, the word being the Son , and the Holy Spirit is the breath of life.

LionDog1

NOTE: One should also note that everything has some form of energy.

Attachments

• Old-Cowboy_art.jpg
    Old-Cowboy_art.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 88

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since everything is energy, I wonder why we selected people attached religious titles to simple concepts of creation and formation of the universe and earth.

The Period is intentional. Thinking out loud.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Forty posts so far and only one seems to address the OP's question.

When Carlita asks "how?" I'm assuming she's asking for a mechanism; a manufacturing process. Descriptions of creation myths or attribution of agency don't describe technique, they dodge the question.
'Speaking' it into existence -- What does that mean?

InChrist

Free4ever
As I recall, that notion originally came from the Hindus thousands of years before, who claim Sanskrit to be the original divine language of God.

Christianity has borrowed many doctrines from other already established religions.

The Bible begins: "In the Beginning, was the Word, and the Word became Flesh..."

And what is behind the Word? The breath, which is considered to be the life-force in the East.

In ancient Greece, the word pneuma meant breath, air, spirit. It is, of course, the root word for pneumatic and pneumonia, words everscerated by modern science of their original spiritual meanings.

Unfortunately, Christianity adopted blood as the life-force from the pagan religions that practiced blood sacrifice, even though the
Bible begins with the idea that breath is the life-force (taken from the Hindus, most likely). A corruption, as I see it.
Actually, the Bible begins with, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

I don't see it as you do, but believe that since humanity knew of the Creator God since the beginning, it is the various religions and myths which have developed and deviated from the truth concerning God, creation, and a number of other realities.

InChrist

Free4ever

When Carlita asks "how?" I'm assuming she's asking for a mechanism; a manufacturing process. Descriptions of creation myths or attribution of agency don't describe technique, they dodge the question.
From my perspective it means that God has the power to simply speak and things come into being.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Okay, here's one speculative method: A being or group of beings in some umpty-dimensional universe that also includes our four dimensions of space-time caused a multi-dimensional massive object, probably something akin to a star, to implode and form a black hole, the inside of which is our universe.

http://scitechdaily.com/universe-may-emerged-black-hole-higher-dimensional-universe/

Since everything is energy, I wonder why we selected people attached religious titles to simple concepts of creation and formation of the universe and earth.

I think its simply derives from something (creation) cannot come from nothing (before the beginning), but from an outside force (God) if you wanted to look at it from a scientific viewpoint.. and everything that is created is done by creative design. not random nonsense, but creation with purposeful intent. From a religious standpoint, God created everything for the Son and for us to worship him and the universe in all its majesty glorifies the Son, knowing us before we were born that we would be his children and be inheritors and rulers of his creations, he gave us the capacity to understand the beauty of his creations.

LionDog1

All concepts and thoughts derive itself from the brain which uses more energy than any other human organ, accounting for up to 20 percent of the body's total haul. It uses the bulk of that energy 2/3's to fuel electrical impulses that neurons employ to communicate with one another. Adenosine triphosphate (ATP - the primary source of cellular energy) 2/3's production, We are yet discovering what the other 1/3 is utilized for, just maybe this is where we find our G-d and what you call "simple creations and formations.

Attachments

• Old-Cowboy_art.jpg
    Old-Cowboy_art.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 89