• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

syo

No, because the image of Gaia is one projected by humans in the first place. Gaia is the personification of super-human-ness and form. If anything, humans are what emerged from the Earth, just as oranges emerge from orange trees. We did not come into the world; we came out of it.

Having said that, my own view is that Earth IS Gaia. There is no 'other' that is personifying it. You're just creating an unnecessary 'Personifier' of the 'personifcation'.
Gaia is not an invention made by humans.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Earth is not an invention of humans. Gaia-- its personification and conception as a entity -- is.

This isnt a Christian-only thread. If you dont use the word god, use what you normally use. Dont talior answers around mine. Try not to be influenced by christian themes if your faith is far from abrahamic Muslim, Christian, od Jewish. Eastern, Western, Southern, Northern people of all faiths. No debatea. Comparative religion.

:seedling:

Hate to say this, my practice doesnt come with a creation of the earth story. I was taught we came from the waters. Thats what I believe. I saw it in the Smithsonean exibit once and I thought it was old wise talea. Guess not. I dont know what that field of science is called. Genesis from water or human genesis from water? Tried to look it up. Anway, the spirits are the waters, sun, moon, etc. They created us if I were to personify them as deities for better and lack of scientific jargon I know nothing about.

According to your mythology, story, philosophy, scripture, etc how was the earth created?

The more details the better.

If you have no religion and believe in science, please keep it simple with details too.

No debate

The link below is a detailed drawing and explanation of how planets are formed, mature and die by Walter Russell. :)

https://walterrussellblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/how-planets-are-formed/

syo

Earth is not an invention of humans. Gaia-- its personification and conception as a entity -- is.
you think Gaia is not real, right? shes a human fairytale right? what do you expect me to do change your mind?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Gaia is not an invention made by humans.

You've met her? Was she cute? I thought maybe I saw her with that Yaweh fellow once. You know. That 'gaseous vertebrate' floating in the heavens with long white hair and beard in a sheet.

godnotgod

Thou art That
noone can meet the Gods

Of course not! They live in Never-Never Land beyond the Land of Oz, The Land O'Goshen, cloud-hidden in mountain mists, far, far away. *sigh* Sometimes they take sea voyages on The Good Ship Lollipop, and one even walked on water, just for the sheer hell of it!

An interesting note for those who say Russells science is pseudoscience as it relates to this topic.
In Russells book The Secret of Light, he details how moons are formed. Mind you the book was written in 1947.
The link below is to an article written in 2012 detailing the "NEW" likely cause for moon creations based on new computer models which is exactly what Russell describes in his book.
Even still Russell wasn't mentioned in the article.

http://www.space.com/18688-solar-system-moons-saturn-rings.html

godnotgod

Thou art That

godnotgod

Thou art That
you think Gods are fake. oh well.

The image of Gaia is that of a human female, whom you paint as having existed before all things came into being. If that is the case, then humans are personifications of Gaia, via Earth, since, as evolution tells us, man ultimately evolved from a combination of Earth-derived amino acids in some pool of water somewhere. Even so, from whence does the human image of Gaia originate if not from the mind of man? That puts Gaia weighing in AFTER man makes his appearance.

syo

The image of Gaia is that of a human female, whom you paint as having existed before all things came into being. If that is the case, then humans are personifications of Gaia, via Earth, since, as evolution tells us, man ultimately evolved from a combination of Earth-derived amino acids in some pool of water somewhere. Even so, from whence does the human image of Gaia originate if not from the mind of man? That puts Gaia weighing in AFTER man makes his appearance.
The image of Gaia is in human mind. Also the image of earth is in human mind. The image of ALL beings is in human mind.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Earth was here long before any human minds existed; before any life at all existed.

godnotgod

Thou art That
The image of Gaia is in human mind. Also the image of earth is in human mind. The image of ALL beings is in human mind.

The image of Gaia as goddess with human form and supernatural powers is in the human mind as an imaginary idea projected onto Reality. There is a psychological condition for this known as The Five Egotistical States, of which the one you refer to is called Idolatrous Love, as follows:

1. APPARENT LOVE OF OTHERS BY PROJECTION OF THE EGO

This is idolatrous love, in which the ego is projected onto another
being. The pretension to divinity as 'distinct' has left my organism and is now
fixed onto the organism of the other. The affective situation [is] that the other has taken my place in my scale of values. I desire the existence of the other-idol, and am against everything that is opposed to them. I no longer love my own organism except in so far as it is the faithful servant of the idol; apart from that I have no further sentiments towards my organism, I am indifferent to it, and, if necessary, I can give my life for the safety of my idol (I can sacrifice my organism to my Ego fixed on the idol; like Empedocles throwing himself down the crater of Etna in order to immortalise his Ego). As for the rest of the world, I hate it if it is hostile to my idol; if it is not hostile and if my contemplation of the idol fills me with joy (that is to say, with egotistical affirmation), I love indiscriminately all the rest of the world. If the idolised being rejects me to the point of forbidding me all possession of my Ego in them, the apparent love can be turned to hate.

from: Zen and the Psychology of Transformation, by Hubert Benoit

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That

The image of Gaia as goddess with human form and supernatural powers is in the human mind as an imaginary idea projected onto Reality. The image of the Earth is in the human mind as a reflection of our direct and immediate experience of it.

I would agree that Earth is a living, breathing, and conscious whole we can call Gaia, but not that Gaia exists as a goddess having human form.

Last edited:
It is endlessly created and destroyed. Like how a kid creates a sand-castle, and then it is eventually smashed or the sea got to it. The castle is still sand, just in another form. When it is destroyed, the sand returns to it's 'formless' form, ie, the sand pervades the beach, like an ocean. Similarly, Lord Narayana, with his effulgence, forms the universe, then is eventually destroyed. This has been happening since forever. Like i said, There was no beginning, and there was no end. Even i find it hard to grasp it.

How ugly is that maybe that is why children are being born with two heads two faces or eight limbs, much like Siva or the Elephant god or one of the other trillion gods Who knows maybe they are trying to make people into their physical image?

godnotgod

Thou art That
I am all ears eyes please tell me exactly how god created the universe because I asked him and he told me I would not understand?

Who told you it was 'created'? Maybe it's a Grand Illusion you only think is real, and what is actually Reality, is that which is manifesting itself as 'The Universe'.