• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Its not a wrong word, hukmey andar sab koye bahar hukam na koi. -guru granth sahib.
means - everything has command embedded nothing is outside the command.
Basically , when you do programming a code is called a code and command lines within it. command here means a set of properties, which enable anything to function. nowhere have i excluded it nor implied it. ive only tried to set more focus on the word with different words for the same reason , that it shouldn't be misunderstood as a commander's command.

You can explain your meaning all day long, but the fact of the matter is that ORDINARILY SPEAKING, to most people, the word implies an agent of command. That is why I am saying it is the 'wrong' word to use in this case.

Some examples:

com·mand
kəˈmand/
verb
  1. 1.
    give an authoritative order.
    "a gruff voice commanded us to enter"
    synonyms: order, tell, direct, instruct, call on, require;
    literarybid
    "he commanded his men to retreat"

2. 2.
    be in a strong enough position to have or secure (something).
    "no party commanded a majority"
    synonyms: receive, get, gain, secure
    "they command great respect"
noun
  1. 1.
    an authoritative order.
    "it's unlikely they'll obey your commands"
    synonyms: order, instruction, directive, direction, commandment, injunction, decree, edict,demand, stipulation, requirement, exhortation, bidding, request
    "officers shouted commands"

In the case of computer programming, all code is originally entered by a human.

godnotgod

Thou art That
you mean there is no such thing as illusion?

We give that name to something that only seems real. Illusion is a condition; a state of mind, but it is the result of conditioned awareness. It's like 'river'. There is no such thing. There is only flowing water.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Unless you acknowledge the problem i.e illusion exists , you cannot fix it. hence no escape from illusion is possible unless you diagnose it. that's why duality is a path and singularity is destination. illusion + no illusion - illusion =1.

This problem is further exacerbated by thinking there is someone who is diagnosing the illusion. The moment the illusion is recognized, no further diagnosis is called for.

Singularity is already the case, as it has always been. To think you are on some path of duality which arrives at a future destination called singularity is an illusion. That is why, for example, the Zennists say: "If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!" Anything that is in the process of becoming, such as the seeker becoming enlightened, is illusory. You are already right in the middle of singularity, and have never, not even for a single nano-second, been apart from it. All that is necessary is to awaken to the fact..

godnotgod

Thou art That
so illusion is or isn't?

It is a state of mind that is not real. It sees things as they are not. Only the awakened non-dual mind sees them as they are, and as they are, is that The Universe is, in fact, none other than The Absolute. The dual mind sees 'this' and 'that', which are only conceptual frameworks.

godnotgod

Thou art That
who are you debating with ? who are you and who am i?

heh..heh...now you're on to something, lol.

In reality, Identification as 'you' and 'I' are fictional notions based on the illusory self. There are no debaters here known as 'godnotgod' and 'RoaringSilence'; there is only debating itself; no debaters of the debate. If you stumble upon one, let me know so we can give him a good whacking.

But in a more serious tone, my question to your question is:
Who is it that is asking the question?

godnotgod

Thou art That

RoaringSilence said:
so illusion is or isn't?

godnotgod said:
It is .

Putting words in my mouth lends credibility to your position?

THERE IS NO SNAKE! THERE IS ONLY THE ROPE. There never was a snake. There is no snake over here, and rope over there. No duality. Never was. Never will be.

Snake is an illusion, and does not exist. Therefore, the illusion is not real, as in 'does not exist'. The illusion of snake does not exist in reality.

RoaringSilence

RoaringSilence said:
so illusion is or isn't?

godnotgod said:
It is .

Putting words in my mouth lends credibility to your position?

THERE IS NO SNAKE! THERE IS ONLY THE ROPE. There never was a snake. There is no snake over here, and rope over there. No duality. Never was. Never will be.

Snake is an illusion, and does not exist. Therefore, the illusion is not real, as in 'does not exist'. The illusion of snake does not exist in reality.
You put words in your own mouth. I only asked ,so illusion is or isn't? , you said it is.. + blah blah (what is illusion)
Show me one post where i asked , WHAT is illusion?

RoaringSilence

Again , answer in yes/no only the question i ask. no jibber jabber .

Q-Is there an illusion?
A-yes/no. (And no blah blah allowed) Blah blah = end of discussion.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Both views are established and have been debated over for several ages. For a duality believer its easy to understand your view and find them okay, and yet stick with his without contradiction. But for non duality believer its hard to digest duality. I stand with duality because that is my learning curve until it ceases to be dual. There are no consequences in sticking with either , if you say being a duality believer is a mistake , please explain how and why.

Saying that you stand with duality because it is your learning curve is like saying you do things because it is tradition, and your ancestors have been doing it that way for centuries. To see things as they actually are, to see them with an enlightened consciousness, is to unlearn what you have been indoctrinated to believe as true. In short, it is to free yourself from dogma and doctrine, as nature itself has no doctrine embedded within it for you to establish a belief about. The only way for your duality to cease to be dual (as if it were real in the first place) is for you to see that it is an illusion of the mind. That involves awakening.

There are no consequences in sticking with an illusion? The sorry state of the world is testament to man believing in his illusions of fame, glory, power, security, sensation, prestige and wealth.

godnotgod

Thou art That

Q-Is there an illusion?

Sounds like I am dealing with a lawyer here, who steers your brain down his pre-determined path in order to extract only what he wants to hear.

'Just answer the question, Yes or No!'

Sorry, I refuse to be railroaded.

There is no such thing as a whirlpool; there is only whirling water.

The illusion that is snake is not real. Only the rope is real.

If you stop your thinking process for a moment and only SEE what is, you will understand. Thinking about the problem will only lead you round and round.

Last edited:

RoaringSilence

Saying that you stand with duality because it is your learning curve is like saying you do things because it is tradition, and your ancestors have been doing it that way for centuries. To see things as they actually are, to see them with an enlightened consciousness, is to unlearn what you have been indoctrinated to believe as true. In short, it is to free yourself from dogma and doctrine, as nature itself has no doctrine embedded within it for you to establish a belief about. The only way for your duality to cease to be dual (as if it were real in the first place) is for you to see that it is an illusion of the mind. That involves awakening.

There are no consequences in sticking with an illusion? The sorry state of the world is testament to man believing in his illusions of fame, glory, power, security, sensation, prestige and wealth.
I choose illusion because i don't want to be enlightened and alone at the same time. id rather be 2 and less enlightened.

RoaringSilence

RoaringSilence said:

Q-Is there an illusion?
There is no such thing as a whirlpool; there is only whirling water.

The illusion that is snake is not real. Only the rope is real.

If you stop your thinking process for a moment and only SEE what is, you will understand. Thinking about the problem will only lead you round and round.
ok now i disqualify you. from discussion because you broke the code of conduct. You added all blah blah =disqualified.

godnotgod

Thou art That
ok now i disqualify you. from discussion because you broke the code of conduct. You added all blah blah =disqualified.

ha ha ha.....what a perfectly anal situation.

"If you fail to report promptly to supper at the appointed time and place, with every hair in place as dictated by Strict Rule #4592, there will be no pudding for you for desert, and that's my final answer!":eek:

Now go to your room and remain there until further instructed to leave!

godnotgod

Thou art That
I choose illusion because i don't want to be enlightened and alone at the same time. id rather be 2 and less enlightened.

Sorry, too late. I've already enlightened you. Oh, you can deny it all you want, but it will forever track you down. It's sort of like a tiny grain of sand planted into the oyster, an irritant at first, and then one day, a lovely pearl. Lucky you!

Alone? Why on earth do you think you would be alone?