• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did you discover RF?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I was on a certain self-help forum and became interested in some of the off-topic religion discussions. One Christian member sent me an article from a certain Christian website which also had a forum. I signed up to that forum but quickly became bored with lack of activity and what I deemed to be unfair moderation towards non-Christian members. So I started googling something like "religious forum" or "religion forum" and found RF among some other Christian forums. I was immediately impressed with the wide range of DIRs and sub-DIRs, as well as the general design of the site and decided to stick around.

And you?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I was on a certain self-help forum and became interested in some of the off-topic religion discussions. One Christian member sent me an article from a certain Christian website which also had a forum. I signed up to that forum but quickly became bored with lack of activity and what I deemed to be unfair moderation towards non-Christian members. So I started googling something like "religious forum" or "religion forum" and found RF among some other Christian forums. I was immediately impressed with the wide range of DIRs and sub-DIRs, as well as the general design of the site and decided to stick around.

And you?
I went to Google and typed in "Religious Forums"

I found exactly what I was looking for and then some :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I asked crossfire if they knew any good forums, and they thought I might like this one.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
About the same as @Eddi , except I didn't find as much 'then some'. I was looking for a place with an active Hindu presence.

Viker

Häxan
It was recommended from the old Myspace forums before they went away. I also believe I had been made aware of it on the old Beliefnet forums now defunct.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The old forum I was on disappeared overnight without warning and I came here looking for lost friends. Found a couple and made new ones.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The forum i frequented did the dirty and shadow banned all non US/Canadian members. So i googled and tool a look as several. Despite being (mostly) religious RF won for being more interesting, a better interface and more cerebral than the run of the mill forums.

With the use of a vpn i was able to contact a few members of the old forum and recommend RF. About half a dozen migrated. The old forum has since gone belly up

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I was looking for Quakers. I was a Quaker at the time new to the religion. I found none but liked it here so i stayed

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I moderated the forums at TCC (The Celtic Connection), a Wicca/Witchcraft/Pagan site, from 2005 to about 2010 (now defunct). Spent some time at some other Pagan forums but they bored me. Stumbled on this forum in a Google search of religious forums back around 2016 and it stuck.

Last edited:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
A member of RF told me about this place when I had decided to leave the other forum I was on. He's someone for whom I have a great deal of respect, and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong. And here I am now on RF, and profoundly grateful for the advice!

Since then, I've "paid it forward" by telling other people I know from that old forum that RF is a good place to be. Even when people here don't agree with each other, they seem to do so in an intelligent, mature, and friendly way. I've yet to see any hatefulness here. Maybe I haven't been here long enough to see such things, but what I've seen so far makes me very happy to be here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My main Forum back in the day (and the other place I still frequent) was a basketball forum. It steers well clear of politics (we argue about much more important things there, like how informative advanced stats are as they relate to defensive performance...or which players are basically thieves for collecting pay cheques)

Anyway, Jason Collins became the first openly gay male player in any of the 4 main American sporting codes. The discussion on that was pretty wide ranging, and I was strongly on the 'about time' side of things, which wasn't the universal view. One person I strongly disagreed with had very conservative/religious overtones to their views, but made some weird comments about their thoughts being 'informed by their Deism'.

I knew the basics about deism (only) so started to look around for a forum where I could discuss this topic generally, deism generally, be atheist friendly, and not be atheist only.

Ended up here, and I post about as much here as on the basketball forums, probably more overall.