• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did you discover RF?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Like others, I googled "religious forum," and RF was one of the top results. However, I was specifically seeking a non-Christian forum that was diverse and not dominated by Christian members and staff. Prior to discovering RF, I was a member of a Christian forum, but it was not a pleasant experience for me because of how I and a few other members were treated. The forum was strictly dominated by far-right evangelical Christians who spread QAnon conspiracy theories and viciously attacked liberals with impunity, but they were never disciplined by the staff. They were allowed to post whatever they wished while claiming that the forum supported free speech, and anyone who dared to criticize Trump was viciously attacked by members and at times by moderators, including an administrator.

In fact, there was one moderator who would "call out" members in a thread for "causing trouble" and lambaste them, despite the fact that discussing staff actions in public was against site policy. When the harassed member tried to defend themselves against all the personal attacks, they were punished by the staff, either with a stern warning or, in some cases, perma-banned without a warning.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have a couple of google alert searches that send me emails when something is found. One of them was a question from someone here that I could answer so I logged in and immediately ignorantly violated the DIR policy by answering. I had been on another site that was supposed to balance liberal/conservative viewpoints but the right took over and pushed others out and I was ready to leave anyway.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I went to Google and typed in "girls in bikinis" and it brought me to RF, and sure enough there was a bunch of ads with girls in bikinis. And I went ahead and debated to not make it obvious why I was here.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I was initially on a mission from God - kinda like the blues brothers without all the police carnage - to visit every single religious chat space on the internet looking for people to preach Baha'i too.

Then google led me here and here led me away from Baha'i faith, so without the sense of being on some epic mission to convert everyone I decided I no longer needed to be on every site as I'd found the best site.

That's how I came to be a piece of the RF furniture.

In my opinion.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I stumbled upon this place and was more attracted by the format, plus the various forums to discuss as much non-religious stuff as religious. And the wide range of different beliefs or views also attracted me, with the many not being so religious being so vocal perhaps being the deciding factor. Couldn't really see myself at a more religiously devoted forum and where most of the debate was about religions - given I wouldn't have much to contribute. :oops:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

I was on another Belief forum which went under, googled and found RF.
But I didn't make an account for years and years just Lurked as I was still wary because of the trolling/hate I got on that other forum.

When I retired, I felt I had enough time on my hands to actually register.
Now I'm very different, but still come every night to see the new shenanigans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Also....
So many lavatories.
So much carnage.
RF called to the janitor in me.

BTW, the other nite, I really did have
a dream of cleaning a toilet bowl.
Just one though.
qw9ml.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have a couple of google alert searches that send me emails when something is found. One of them was a question from someone here that I could answer so I logged in and immediately ignorantly violated the DIR policy by answering. I had been on another site that was supposed to balance liberal/conservative viewpoints but the right took over and pushed others out and I was ready to leave anyway.
Ah, the good ole days....back when staff used
DIRs as a trap. They'd have tasty posts there,
making us just itching to respond. And in our
haste, we'd sometimes fail to check if we're
allowed.
Drama is much like peanut butter. So tasty.
OIP.4URSTUSiY5U1x_8vVXO0CQHaDt

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, the good ole days....back when staff used
DIRs as a trap. They'd have tasty posts there,
making us just itching to respond. And in our
haste, we'd sometimes fail to check if we're
allowed.
It's still like that.
Just sayin'. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's still like that.
Just sayin'. :D
Not since Janet Reno stepped in, & required
formally joining a DIR to even be allowed to
post in one.
Rumor has it that she slapped @lewisnotmiller
with a fine equal to 10 years pay on RF. She
also gave @Quagmire a wedgie (at his request).

How do I know all this?
I found classified documents in @Rival's locker.
(@SalixIncendium ratted her out.)

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not since Janet Reno stepped in, & required
formally joining a DIR to even be allowed to
post in one.
Rumor has it that she slapped @lewisnotmiller
with a fine equal to 10 years pay on RF. She
also gave @Quagmire a wedgie (at his request).

How do I know all this?
I found classified documents in @Rival's locker.
(@SalixIncendium ratted her out.)

Of all the women you could have said I was slapped by, you go with Janet Reno???

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don’t remember but it was probably a Google search. It was about the time I embraced Hinduism. I was probably looking for information.