• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Satan get to the garden of Eden?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Gen 3:1
1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman: 'Yea, hath God said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?'

That's what it says.

Stop saying nay. You aren't a pony.

Unless you're one of those brony freaks.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Such things only matters to pole dancers and paid "sex-ees" if you know what I mean.

Subtlety is the essence of which all rogues must strive, for it is their unknowing that grants them silent steps into the gates of Heaven.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Gen 3:1
1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman: 'Yea, hath God said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?'

That's what it says.

Stop saying nay. You aren't a pony.

Unless you're one of those brony freaks.

None the less...being subtle doesn't mean you're animal.
And most people believe the Adversary is a spirit.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
None the less...being subtle doesn't mean you're animal.
And most people believe the Adversary is a spirit.
Nobody calls it the Adversary until later, when it's misunderstood [as it is here].

Being called an animal there, means it's an animal.

If you want to add more to the text, go right ahead.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Small bit of trivia: the serpent ate from the Tree of Knowledge first. That's how he knew.

Why else could he talk?

A: magic apple

Orias

Left Hand Path
I disagree, Satan favors flesh, not fruit.

The only reason he knew what the fruit had to offer, is because he knew what God had truly intended for him.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nobody calls it the Adversary until later, when it's misunderstood [as it is here].

Being called an animal there, means it's an animal.

If you want to add more to the text, go right ahead.

And if you can't 'see' the words....then you're blind.
You might as well go read some comics.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Are we getting any closer to talking about the serpent?

Does seem a bit hard to hold on to....does it not?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Mr. Satanist, Do you believe in Adam and Eve, or that we evolved from bacteria, or both?

Ah, finally!

I believe in Adam and Eve like they were one of the first Kings and Queens, per se, of one of the very first human tribes.

And yes, I also believe we evolved from bacteria. But as for the whole Adam and Eve thing I don't think it as literal as in the bible, if thats indeed how many people interpret it too be. I see Adam and Eve as essentially one of the earliest recorded dynasties.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ah, finally!

I believe in Adam and Eve like they were one of the first Kings and Queens, per se, of one of the very first human tribes.

And yes, I also believe we evolved from bacteria. But as for the whole Adam and Eve thing I don't think it as literal as in the bible, if thats indeed how many people interpret it too be. I see Adam and Eve as essentially one of the earliest recorded dynasties.

Well this changes the plot far too much...and leaves out God's Adversary.