• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Coronavirus Demonstrates that the Christian God Doesn't Exist

izzy88

Maybe I'm washing my time on you, since you seem to hold the ridiculous notion that Catholicism has always remained the same and taught the same things. Maybe you should provide evidence for your claims there, since I was just responding to a claim you made in the first place.

So, you want me to go through each one of the hundreds of dogma of the Church and prove to you that each one hasn't changed since it was declared, rather than you simply citing sources for the 3 or 4 that you claimed changed?

And you expect me not to see through this second poor attempt at deflection?

It's become more and more clear that you simply have nothing to back up your claims.

One more chance: answer the questions I asked, or we can be done with this conversation.

JesusKnowsYou

After spending a week alienating most atheists and liberals on the forum by arguing that religious gatherings should not be forbidden by law during the coronavirus outbreak, and arguing that the economic and mental health toll of the restrictions may be greater than the actual virus itself, I've now decided to alienate all the Christians and conservatives by showing them why the coronavirus proves that their god doesn't exist.
As you can see, I'm not here to win a popularity or likability contest.:tearsofjoy:

Anyway, here is my argument (and this can of course be applied to other "natural" evils in the world, namely: cancer, heart disease, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, etc.):

If an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God existed, he would not allow the coronavirus to exist. Therefore, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God doesn't exist.

That's the argument. But, let me address the inevitable, and classic objection, namely, that "God cares more about our character than our comfort."

There is an obvious problem with this objection. Why would an all-powerful and all-loving god choose to create humans with flawed characters that need correction with a virus that causes pain, suffering, and death?

An omnipotent god clearly has the ability to create humans without character flaws, so that the humans don't need "character adjustments" with disease, destruction, pain, and suffering. So, if God exists, he is either not all-powerful, or he is sadistic and evil. Think about it: Would an all-loving and all-powerful being purposely make a mistake in his creation of humans by creating them with flawed characters, just so that he could amuse himself by improving their characters with diseases like coronavirus or childhood brain tumors? Clearly, a "loving" god wouldn't behave that way. Those are the actions of a sadistic monster.

Thus, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful god doesn't exist. Perhaps a god exists, but it can't be all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful.
I cannot agree with this assessment because I believe that it contains many flawed assumptions about God and Man.

God has given to Man both free will and time to make our own choices.

He has placed us in an imperfect world in order for us to be able to have the opportunity to choose between Good and Evil.

If we were created perfect and lived in a perfect world - then we would have never experienced freedom and the joy that it can bring.

Basically - God made us imperfect and placed us in an imperfect world because He wants us to be happy.

And there is no other way to achieve happiness.

atanu

Premium Member
After spending a week alienating most atheists and liberals on the forum by arguing that religious gatherings should not be forbidden by law during the coronavirus outbreak, and arguing that the economic and mental health toll of the restrictions may be greater than the actual virus itself, I've now decided to alienate all the Christians and conservatives by showing them why the coronavirus proves that their god doesn't exist.
As you can see, I'm not here to win a popularity or likability contest.:tearsofjoy:

Anyway, here is my argument (and this can of course be applied to other "natural" evils in the world, namely: cancer, heart disease, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, etc.):

If an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God existed, he would not allow the coronavirus to exist. Therefore, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God doesn't exist.

That's the argument. But, let me address the inevitable, and classic objection, namely, that "God cares more about our character than our comfort."

There is an obvious problem with this objection. Why would an all-powerful and all-loving god choose to create humans with flawed characters that need correction with a virus that causes pain, suffering, and death?

An omnipotent god clearly has the ability to create humans without character flaws, so that the humans don't need "character adjustments" with disease, destruction, pain, and suffering. So, if God exists, he is either not all-powerful, or he is sadistic and evil. Think about it: Would an all-loving and all-powerful being purposely make a mistake in his creation of humans by creating them with flawed characters, just so that he could amuse himself by improving their characters with diseases like coronavirus or childhood brain tumors? Clearly, a "loving" god wouldn't behave that way. Those are the actions of a sadistic monster.

Thus, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful god doesn't exist. Perhaps a god exists, but it can't be all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful.

What happens in nature has its cause in nature, constituted mainly of ego and arrogance of men.

...If an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God existed, he would not allow the coronavirus to exist. Therefore, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God doesn't exist.....

Unless people wanted to know evil and God made it possible for us to experience it in this “Matrix”. In Biblical point of view true life is with God and this is just a temporary lesson about good and evil, because people wanted to know them like God knows. Body is only like a vessel for soul to experience this, body can be replaced and it is not the crucial matter. We should not worry, because nothing of this world can destroy our soul, which is the important thing.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

That is why, no evil in this world is really a problem, it is just something people wanted to know. And I think God is good, when He gave us this opportunity and freedom. It seems atheists (and world leaders) wouldn’t give freedom, if they would be the ones who decide.

N K Tawakley

Understanding Sanatan Dharma

All of us human beings are just living on this Earth without understanding the system within which we are living. Just like to live happily in a country happily we need to understand the laws of living in that country. Similarly to live on this Earth happily we first of all need to understand the laws of living on Earth. Sanatan Dharma or Hinduism describes the laws of living on Earth. Whenever we shall deviate from the correct path, we shall definitely face problems such as the one of Corona virus.

When we accumulate all the wealth and are enjoying life we develop the ego that, yes this is it, we have got to know everything we need to and whatever we are doing is right. We start to consider ourselves as the supreme most beings. We forget about God. We start to think that since God has permitted us doing whatever we are doing HE is with us. We produce and kill animals for food, we destroy nature as if it is our birth right, at that time we are not remembering God. We forget that all living beings on this Earth have been created equally by the same God.

Remember Nature is more intelligent and powerful than all of us human beings combined. This is just a small virus which has made the most powerful in the world to run for life. Imagine what would happen if something bigger is released.

The primary and basic laws of living on Earth are as below:

(a) Making the offering to God almighty before consuming your own food.
(b) Having Sam-bhava or equal love for all the living beings. All living beings must be treated equally.
(c) Offering prayers according to vedic procedures.
(d) Performing that Karma for your day to day living for which you are urged from your inner core, and not following what others are doing.
(e) Submitting all such Karma to Him and not expect any results from those karma. Because the results are not in your hands.
(f) Never to loose the grip of your intelligence in making any decisions. Take all your decisions using your intellect.
(g) Do not think that God has assigned any karma to you, all karma of a person are a persons own free will. HE does not assign any karma to any one.

If you adhere to these basic laws then you shall lead a contended and fulfilled life. Otherwise problems will keep coming to you.

Join a FREE course on Understanding Sanatan Dharma by registering on
understandingsanatandharm.in

PruePhillip

Quote "If an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God existed, he would not allow the coronavirus to exist. Therefore, an all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful God doesn't exist."

How do you know such a God wouldn't allow a virus to exist? The God of the bible warns us life is
short and we should be prepared for when we die. It doesn't say tragedy won't happen.

Spartan

That's the argument.

Not a very good one. The Bible has dozens of examples of when people and/or nations fall into sin, God brings calamities and Judgment. Deuteronomy 28 details some of the curses of disobedience to the Lord. Recommend you familiarize yourself with them.

An omnipotent god clearly has the ability to create humans without character flaws, so that the humans don't need "character adjustments" with disease, destruction, pain, and suffering.

Sure. Those would be pre-programmed robots with no free will.

Let's let you be God for the moment. How would you create man with free will and yet not allow him to sin if he wants to?

Jesus is Lord!

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skein you say. ( How about a God who condemned 100 + billion people for suffering the misdeeds of two. ) Well how about a God that could have chosen to destroy the world completely right than and there for the misdeeds of two. I dare say if he had chosen the latter than you and me would not be having this discussion.
Kind of like being thankful to and praising the maniac who only threw acid in your face and blinded you rather than outright killing you.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So, you want me to go through each one of the hundreds of dogma of the Church and prove to you that each one hasn't changed since it was declared, rather than you simply citing sources for the 3 or 4 that you claimed changed?

And you expect me not to see through this second poor attempt at deflection?

It's become more and more clear that you simply have nothing to back up your claims.

One more chance: answer the questions I asked, or we can be done with this conversation.
Bye bye. If you can't figure out how Catholicism has changed, just on the question of Jews, I can't help you.

God is perfect and did not create people with flawed characters. He DID create Adam and Eve with the freedom to make choices. Unfortunately, they chose sin. Sin is the cause of the evils in our world. Although God could have created us without the freedom to choose, we would have essentially been robots. God wants people to freely choose Him and love Him. I do love Him and have found Him to be perfect in every way.

Man CREATED god, to serve archaic and primitive notions of existence, perpetuated by sheer and willful ignorance. If you haven't grasped that after decades of life, suffer on. Adam and Eve prove nothing more than to serve as examples of free will thwarted.

izzy88

Man CREATED god, to serve archaic and primitive notions of existence, perpetuated by sheer and willful ignorance. If you haven't grasped that after decades of life, suffer on.

Because it's impossible that other people may know and understand things which you don't - may have experienced things which you haven't.

Holding your own beliefs based on your own experience of life is just fine.

Calling everyone who doesn't share your beliefs "ignorant" and condescending them is both juvenile and irrational.

You're going by what you've found to be true in your experience of the world. That's fantastic. Now let everything else do the same without your childish insults and harassment.

Prim969

Kind of like being thankful to and praising the maniac who only threw acid in your face and blinded you rather than outright killing you.

Blinded you may be. But I still kinda think that you are most happy to be alive and enjoying Molly’s home cooked dumplings and spinach for afternoon tea

Skwim

Veteran Member
Blinded you may be. But I still kinda think that you are most happy to be alive and enjoying Molly’s home cooked dumplings and spinach for afternoon tea
In other words I should be thankful to a praise everyone who doesn't kill me no matter what else they may do to ol' Skwim. :rolleyes:.......... I don't think so.

Prim969

In other words I should be thankful to a praise everyone who doesn't kill me no matter what else they may do to ol' Skwim. :rolleyes:.......... I don't think so.

You shall die soon enough: but for now do count yourself as one of the living amongst the living dead. So Yes do be thankful still time to reach out to the Creator who may have loved you all along.

izzy88

Bye bye. If you can't figure out how Catholicism has changed, just on the question of Jews, I can't help you.

Here, I'll make it easier for you. This is a list of Catholic dogma:

Dogmas of the Catholic Church - Catholic Apologetics

If you can prove to me that something on this list has either changed since it was infallibly declared or contradicts something that was previously infallibly declared, you'll be doing me a huge favor. I only came to the Church last year because I couldn't deny that several of the things they taught were true, and I've been doing almost nothing with my free time except researching the Church and their teachings since then, but I have yet to find a true contradiction as you claim there to be. You disproving the claims of the Church would allow me to go back to how I was living before, which was far easier than what following Christ has required of me. So please, by all means, prove that Church dogma has contradicted itself even once, and I'll readily admit that you're right.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You shall die soon enough: but for now do count yourself as one of the living amongst the living dead. So Yes do be thankful still time to reach out to the Creator who may have loved you all along.
NO! No! No! I said, "In other words I should be thankful to a praise everyone who doesn't kill me no matter what else they may do to ol' Skwim."

Prim969

NO! No! No! I said, "In other words I should be thankful to a praise everyone who doesn't kill me no matter what else they may do to ol' Skwim."

Skwim When you write a praise. You be using the French word apriiser-apraise for the English word appraise when you write ( a praise ) ? Or are you meaning as you wrote. I should be thankful ( to a praise ) everyone who doesn’t kill me

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwim When you write a praise. You be using the French word apriiser-apraise for the English word appraise when you write ( a praise ) ? Or are you meaning as you wrote. I should be thankful ( to a praise ) everyone who doesn’t kill me
Typo. It should read, "In other words I should be thankful to and praise everyone who doesn't kill me . . . .

Prim969

Typo. It should read, "In other words I should be thankful to and praise everyone who doesn't kill me . . . .

Ok I do understand the meaning more clearly now. You say ( in other words I should be thankful to and praise everyone who doesn’t kill me no matter what else they may do ) Skwim you did mention the acid throwing. It is a most sickening practice that is accepted in some cultures. Where a man thinks he has the right to throw acid apon a ladies face simply Because she chooses not to accept his advances. So in order to restore his honour or more so his malignant ego he chooses to scar her for life. Skwim I have no words to describe in how I feel about this. Only that with such people who after having their egos and honour restored that they should also be promptly apprehended having their own faces stuck in a bucket of acid as well. I dare say this barbaric custom would have ceased from the moment it had begun if the latter had been implemented as well. Sadly for us this malicious practice is only a reflection of a source far deeper, that is universal which does lurk within us all. And for some it seems to come down to this. If what I can’t be or with what I can’t have than I shall seek to take by force or I shall simply destroy. That is the darkness that most of us do try to overcome. As to your last question Should you praise and be thankful for people who unjustly violate us in so many ways. I would say No. Should we be thankful that we have survived the ordeal. I would say Yes.

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Well, the Catholics would agree, since they locked down Lourdes. How self defeating is that?

Ciao

- viole