• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we stop everyone?

Akivah

Let's face it. Nobody is really happy with any of our choices for President. So how do we stop them all and leave that post vacant?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Unfortunately, without a Constitutional Amendment, the system is set up to prevent that from happening...

This precedes the constitution though..:)

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

allfoak

Alchemist
Let's face it. Nobody is really happy with any of our choices for President. So how do we stop them all and leave that post vacant?

This is not something that was unforseen by the writers of the constitution.
There are safeguards put into place to stop the madness.
The difficulty comes when the common people are asking for what they are getting.
Can you imagine if someone decided to just halt the election tomorrow?
Trump has already made it clear that if he loses the nomination there will be riots.

Unless the people rise up to stop it instead of encouraging it, nothing will change until it goes as far as it can go.
Not sure what that point is but i would imagine the crimes committed would have to be high treason and be blatant, for someone to start arresting high ranking politicians.
They practically have the power to commit these crimes with impunity already.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I just watched "The Big Short" yesterday. Great movie. Anyway I was thinking something today and then I noticed this thread and it seems appropriate-

"The only surefire way to lose in investing is to bet that the whole system can't collapse."

In college I wrote a program to simulate a coin toss. Every time there were two coins one way in a row it would bet against them... otherwise it wouldn't bet. It was always the same amount. Almost always, the coin better would start out by getting rich, but if they bet long enough they always went broke. Go figure.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Not to correct you but I am sure you meant "fortunately" instead of "unfortunately".
Ah...my perspective changes from day to day...:D
I do kind of fear the results if Congress is called upon to select the President...Very few will see the results as legitimate, even though it is provided for in the Constitution...

Skwim

Veteran Member
There seem to be an awful lot of nobodies in America, then...
Boy, ain't dat da trut.

1401932950001046566.png

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Sorry but, this type of attitude is just too cynical for me. Do you really think everybody could huddle-up and pick a candidate popular with all? No two people I know will even agree on every issue. If you are to give us your ideal candidate, I guarantee a lot of people would blast that person. It's the nature of politics.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Just schedule a Walking Dead marathon on election day.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
People are usually dissatisfied with everyone at the time and that are running. Many people say they won't vote. Yet the voter turnout has been great and Democrats are always the favorite in the middlegame.