• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can anyone in their right mind still believe in the big bang theory?

literal visionary

That's a good point, literal visionary, but you're begging the question here. I could similarly ask "What came first, the lawgiver, or the lawgiver's parents?" Obviously, lawgivers' parents come before lawgivers, and lawgivers come before laws. The question, however, is whether or not all lawgivers have parents, and whether or not all laws have lawgivers.

But God is dfferent he created time and normal standards of the earthly world are not pertinate to him,

monotheism is the belief in one god, if he had parents like other gods he would have said so,

anyways, God in many ways is beyond the scope of the human mind, to us there is only past, present and future,
God as the trinity, exists in all three at the same time, yet he exists outside of time also, God is the infinite he is he was and he always will be,
He has always existed and always willl, by def. he does not need a beginning
we as humans could not understand such a thing because in the physical world, we have always been subject to the stream or threads of time,
most people will never understand time and the infinite unless they experience the lack of time itself.

literal visionary

I have a question. How did God come into existence? Was he always there? And if so, how does that work?

okay, the supreme being,
God never came into existence,

think about the trinity
three entities existing as one, Kind of like 1x1x1=1
space time matter
God created a physical plane,
so if he does exist and thereby did do this, he does not have to answer to the laws of our world because he has such resources that allow him to be outside it
God exists in past present and future at the same time , so thereby he is infinite,
and without the laws of time,
without time an entity would not need to be brought into existence

literal visionary

it a little difficult to explain, I dont think humanity really has the mental capacity to totally wrap our minds around this, because of the nature of our existence,

in a conscience physical world we have always been experiencing the beggining and ending of things, everything in our world has a beggining and end
so we would have a hard time comprehending something that never began and will never end.

literal visionary

this is how other religions differ from christianity,

there was a abyss of something and out of nowhere a lotus just appears, and out pops a god, still does not explain, the beginning thats why Im a cristian

where did the abyss come from and why did tiamat pop out,

other religions dont explain as much as christianity.

Flappycat

literal visionary said:
okay, the supreme being,
Neither did the universe. Time supposedly began at the same instant as the universe. There was no "nothing one minute, something the next." There was a dense concentration of energy, and then it exploded. The rest is cosmic history. It's simple enough for my dismally inadequate mind, and I suppose it's close enough to what the cosmologists are saying.

think about the trinity
three entities existing as one, Kind of like 1x1x1=1
space time matter
Eh, from what I've read, matter really isn't anything other than bound energy. I'm not entirely certain where you're going with this. If you're going to start talking in logarithms, please understand that I'm not particularly knowledgable in the area of mathemagic.

God created a physical plane,
so if he does exist and thereby did do this, he does not have to answer to the laws of our world because he has such resources that allow him to be outside it
God exists in past present and future at the same time , so thereby he is infinite,
and without the laws of time,
without time an entity would not need to be brought into existence
I dunno. It sounds like sandbox ontology to me. I honestly don't understand why you think the universe needs a governor at all. Politicians can't even get our mail to us on time, and you want to put one in charge of the universe? Tsk tsk. If you think of time as if it were a physical distance, the whole thing will make more sense to you.

M

Majikthise

literal visionary said:
No its because you have undeserving faith in yourself,

I've been trying to figure this statement out, but it's just not clicking. Maybe I should google up some Latin and get more smarter.:D

I prefer faith in my own ability to think for myself on matters of my own destiny, though I'm not sure if this speaks to what you are saying.:confused:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Majikthise said:
I've been trying to figure this statement out, but it's just not clicking. Maybe I should google up some Latin and get more smarter.:D

I prefer faith in my own ability to think for myself on matters of my own destiny, though I'm not sure if this speaks to what you are saying.:confused:
My guess is that she's saying that you have faith in yourself but that faith is undeserved, because you're a wretched sinful fallen human who doesn't know what's good for you. You may think you have the ability to discern truth for yourself but tha'ts because you are so blind that you can't see what you don't know. And if you don't admit this to yourself soon and rely on the mercy of Christ, you'll be really sorry when he comes again to separate the sheep from the goats and you get cast into the firey pits for the goat barbeque, extra spicy. Not my opinion mind you!! just trying to act as translator. :p

literal visionary

By saying "God never came into existence", you are in effect, saying "God, does not exist." If I am reading this incorrectly, then what on Earth are you trying to say?

He never came into into existence because he never had to.

*thinks real hard.... Ok.... getting it....* (Admittedly the math was a bit over my head.)

nevermind-just forget about it- I wont even go into this, I hate typing, and you probably wouldn't even understand what im talking about.

So, from god directly to a physical realm, with no inbetween. Are you saying, that if we were able to poke a hole in the physical "plane", we would then see God grinning (or scowling) at us? You do realize that "Time" as it is commonly conceived, simply does not exist. Right? Feel free to ask any physicist.

No, you could never poke a hole in the physical plane, because we are physical, it exists we exist- never mind
PHYSICIST- you are bound by your conceptions built in this world

Ok ok ok... so god suddenly exists now. :confused: (You started off by saying that "God never came into existence". Well, which is it? You can perhaps understand my feeble brain's confusion.) Wouldn't it make a tiny bit more sense for a supposed god to create a creation that reflected his nature, rather than setting up entirely new sets of rules, conflicting with that very nature? Why would he complicate things? To do otherwise would likely precipitate a rather poor design and that wouldn't be a particularly intelligent thing to do.

When will anything god does make sense to us?
you can sit there and explain yourslef to a beetle, but he wouldn't understand, it would most likely be a waste of time,
dont question Gods intelligence or his reasoning youll never get anywhere doing that, its impossible to grasp...

and hsi nature-
he is one supreme being- where nothing exists anywhere- why wouldn't he just create something like us?, why would he create something in his nature- which is divine?
are you suggesting that god should have duplicated himself?

You have got your concepts mixed up here. If god exists in the past, present and future, he would be eternal. Infinite is another thing altogether. You do understand the difference. Right?

Likewise, why do the so-called "laws of time" necessitate need? Sorry, that simply does not compute. You might want to rethink this whole notion.

eternal, in our mind, infinite nonetheless
the laws of time dictate the physical world
you dont completely understand it so why would I?

Do you have the slightest what you are talking about? Evidently, not. Knockout

In response to another member you said to use imagination. I would suggest that you are taking that advice to the extreme. Perhaps a little less imagination, and a lot more reason, is in order.

No, um you just dont understand do you?
the Reason of the world we know, although easier to comprehend isn't whats neede here
You are bound by your preconceptions......

Neither did the universe. Time supposedly began at the same instant as the universe. There was no "nothing one minute, something the next." There was a dense concentration of energy, and then it exploded. The rest is cosmic history. It's simple enough for my dismally inadequate mind, and I suppose it's close enough to what the cosmologists are saying.

Energy is a part of the physical world, what are you trying to say here?
That energy is somehow a removed element without the physical world?
just because we dont necesarily have the best understanding of energy doesn't give you an excuse to assume that energy is some magical essence that appered and magicaly blew the universe into existence...

call it dust, call it energy whatever you like,-your logic is flawed,the reasoning of our world states that what your trying to weave together is an impossibility

I dunno. It sounds like sandbox ontology to me. I honestly don't understand why you think the universe needs a governor at all. Politicians can't even get our mail to us on time, and you want to put one in charge of the universe? Tsk tsk. If you think of time as if it were a physical distance, the whole thing will make more sense to you.

but time itself is not in any way like a physical distance, you cant just assume to think this.....

I prefer faith in my own ability to think for myself on matters of my own destiny, though I'm not sure if this speaks to what you are saying.

maybe what you are not thinking enough about your destiny,

My guess is that she's saying that you have faith in yourself but that faith is undeserved, because you're a wretched sinful fallen human who doesn't know what's good for you. You may think you have the ability to discern truth for yourself but tha'ts because you are so blind that you can't see what you don't know. And if you don't admit this to yourself soon and rely on the mercy of Christ, you'll be really sorry when he comes again to separate the sheep from the goats and you get cast into the firey pits for the goat barbeque, extra spicy. Not my opinion mind you!! just trying to act as translator.

perhaps, your getting the idea.....
nah, the bible, belief in divine, christ himslef,
as illogical as christianity is for you,
remember what we know of god in this world is a vehicle to greater understanding the secrets of the universe, which we wont fully understand until we enter a different state of consciessness,
you can try but you wont get there all the way in this world...
so all we can do is absorb what our individual minds are capable of doing in this world.......
faith is simply a form of enlightenment
for ordinary folk.....
i suggest you get some ...

Bishka

Veteran Member
Literary, you obviously don't know Ymirgf. He's not dumb in anyways, he's actually one of the smartest people I know here, I assume he was using sarcasm.

Bishka

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
*looks up from his copy of "An Idiot's guide for the Pneumatic man" ...*

*smiles*

And thanks Becky, although I don't know that I am worthy of that distinction. :hug:

You are, you are a very wise man and extremley smart.:clap Yay for you!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Literal Visionary said:
okay, the supreme being,

Flappycat said:
literal visionary said:
Energy is a part of the physical world, what are you trying to say here?
That energy is somehow a removed element without the physical world?
just because we dont necesarily have the best understanding of energy doesn't give you an excuse to assume that energy is some magical essence that appered and magicaly blew the universe into existence...

call it dust, call it energy whatever you like,-your logic is flawed,the reasoning of our world states that what your trying to weave together is an impossibility
:banghead3

literal visionary

okay

there are three planes of existence that god created

he does not need a plane to exist upon his nature is without all three

the 3 planes ar the physical, the spiritual, and time itself

all three are governed by different laws, all 3 are seperate,

but- they are together they exist one on top of the other,

not like a sandwich, but like how a soul relates to a human body, it is within yet it is without, all around us time exists, is flowing and stream past, but physically time never goes anywhere so you cant describe time as a path or a stream, it is more like a spring trap, if you want to compre something physical

God exists in some way and level in each of these 3 planes but he is without all 3 and
it is not necessarily himself it is his essence, and his marks

the physical world was created with laws, to govern it,ght, time and the spiritual exist within our world in some ways but we do not necessarily notice or are not aware

of these 2, you in some ways can view or crossover, aka death,

i mean I could explain to you but there are certain things I could never tell you just because

any ways tishard to explain because the laws , even the words of this world do not pertain to such planes...you get me?

anywaysthe laws of this world(plane) are completely differamnt

our plane is defined by space and amtter and other things
but the other planes are differant