• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can a Jew reject Jesus as the Messiah?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When do you think the Battle of Armageddon was?

There is no quick answer for that one. To me the battle started when God sent the Gate for the Glory of God and the Battle. Continues.

"... On a number of occasions 'Abdu'l-Bahá spoke of Armageddon in connection with the "Great War"' of 1914-1918. In an address delivered at Stanford University in October 1912 he is reported to have stated,

We are on the eve of the battle of Armageddon, referred to in the 16th chapter of Revelation. The time is two years hence, when only a spark will set aflame the whole of Europe. The social unrest in all countries, the growing religious skepticism antecedent to the millennium are already here. Only a spark will set aflame the whole of Europe as is prophesied in the verses of Daniel and in the Book [Rev.] of John....[33]"

This article can be read if you wish to understand what is offered about that topic.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think I should get a prize for getting through over 60 pages lol.

Anyway, I’m glad God helped me divorce a deity from a deity character. No one in the Bible is real. They may be based on real people, but they are characters.

I gave you the top prize, what an effort that must have been, you are a winner :D

Regards Tony

Skywalker

@Skywalker, Can you explain this apparent contradiction?

But you said earlier:

If most Jews and gentiles whom he preached to rejected him, then people didn't know he was the Messiah because of his teachings and miracles.

I believe that they didn't come to believe in Jesus not because God hasn't provided us sufficient revelation in Scripture and in general revelation. Something else-pride, sin, or hard-heartedness-may be obstructing their path.

Skywalker

There is no quick answer for that one. To me the battle started when God sent the Gate for the Glory of God and the Battle. Continues.

"... On a number of occasions 'Abdu'l-Bahá spoke of Armageddon in connection with the "Great War"' of 1914-1918. In an address delivered at Stanford University in October 1912 he is reported to have stated,

We are on the eve of the battle of Armageddon, referred to in the 16th chapter of Revelation. The time is two years hence, when only a spark will set aflame the whole of Europe. The social unrest in all countries, the growing religious skepticism antecedent to the millennium are already here. Only a spark will set aflame the whole of Europe as is prophesied in the verses of Daniel and in the Book [Rev.] of John....[33]"

This article can be read if you wish to understand what is offered about that topic.

Regards Tony

Why does Armageddon in revelation read like a literal battle? Revelation 19:19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies assembled to wage war against the One seated on the horse, and against His army.

the beast was captured along with the false prophet, who on its behalf had performed signs deceiving those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. Both the beast and the false prophet were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Baha'u'llah has explained His Army is that of Words over swords.

If you pursue the link I posted, it explains many things, including what is the Battle the Baha'i are involved in.

"The Bahá'í Grand Army consist of the invisible angels of the Supreme Concourse [al-malá' al-a'lá]. Our swords are the words of love and life. Our armaments are the invisible armaments of Heaven. We are fighting against the forces of darkness. O my soldiers, my beloved soldiers! Foward! Foward! Have no fear of defeat; do not have failing hearts. Our supreme commander is Bahá'u'lláh. From the heights of glory he is directing the dramatic engagement. He commands us! Rush foward! Rush foward! Show the strength of your arms. Ye shall scatter the forces of ignorance. Your war confers life; their war brings death. Your war is the cause of the illumination of all mankind. Your war means victory upon victory. Their war is defeat upon defeat...[37]

Regards Tony

Skywalker

Baha'u'llah has explained His Army is that of Words over swords.

If you pursue the link I posted, it explains many things, including what is the Battle the Baha'i are involved in.

"The Bahá'í Grand Army consist of the invisible angels of the Supreme Concourse [al-malá' al-a'lá]. Our swords are the words of love and life. Our armaments are the invisible armaments of Heaven. We are fighting against the forces of darkness. O my soldiers, my beloved soldiers! Foward! Foward! Have no fear of defeat; do not have failing hearts. Our supreme commander is Bahá'u'lláh. From the heights of glory he is directing the dramatic engagement. He commands us! Rush foward! Rush foward! Show the strength of your arms. Ye shall scatter the forces of ignorance. Your war confers life; their war brings death. Your war is the cause of the illumination of all mankind. Your war means victory upon victory. Their war is defeat upon defeat...[37]

Regards Tony

Jesus reigning as king from Jerusalem after defeating the Antichrist and false prophet matches the book of Daniel.
“And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” – Daniel 7:14

Redemptionsong

How can Jews reject Jesus as a messiah? Because it requires belief in an invisible kingdom... ^^

Yes, the visible kingdom was on offer, but was rejected. So the invisible kingdom, a kingdom that grows through faith, exists until the time that the King renews his covenant with the nation of Israel.

The important thing for the nation, now, is to recognise that the King coming to Israel is going to be Jesus Christ. He was the stumbling block the first time around, and he will still prove to be a stumbling block for some in Jacob.

One of the biggest issues, I believe, is that many Jews still expect a Messiah who will be born on earth. To Christians, all those prophecies have already been fulfilled in Jesus. The coming Messiah cannot come both from heaven and from earth.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus reigning as king from Jerusalem after defeating the Antichrist and false prophet matches the book of Daniel.

Jerusalem name Means 'Abode of Peace'.

Jesus Christ talks about a New Name and a New Jerusalem.

I see that is now Haifa.

images.jpeg

That is the Universal House of Justice. The Law going out from Zion, the Arc on Mount Carmel, that would see the Glory of God.

It is by the grace of the Jew that we undertake pilgrimage to the Holy Land and give praise to our One God.

Regards Tony

Skywalker

Jerusalem name Means 'Abode of Peace'.

Jesus Christ talks about a New Name and a New Jerusalem.

I see that is now Haifa.

View attachment 46668

That is the Universal House of Justice. The Law going out from Zion, the Arc on Mount Carmel, that would see the Glory of God.

Regards Tony

What do you think Jesus meant by a new abode of peace? I believe that Jesus was referring to the earth restored, because people are not meant to be spiritual beings forever. We were created in the garden of Eden, despite there being an intermediate heaven.

Skywalker

The Muppets were a profound influence growing up. Fraggle Rock is better at teaching love and compassion than Jesus, who cussed out people who got on his nerves.

Jesus cursing the fig tree had nothing to do with calling people names or condemning people. The same word being used doesn't mean that the two things were comparable.

Skywalker

People named their kids after Gods all the time. Joseph, son of Jacob, married a woman named after Anat, a Canaanite Goddess also worshiped in Egypt.

People who believe in having a relationship with God wouldn't name their kids after God because if you have a relationship with God there is a different standard of respect. For example, people cursing God's name is more offensive to a Christian than someone just yelling and cursing or even cursing at a person.

rosends

So no one who has a relationship with the Christian idea of God would name his kid, oh, let's say, "Jesus." It wouldn't be respectful.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It did happen within the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience, but not for the nation of Israel. The invisible Kingdom is present for those who demonstrate faith in Jesus Christ. The Kingdom is not visible and complete until the return of Christ, and inclusion of the repentant within the nation of Israel.
That means the "Kingdom" is nothing more than the fellowship of Christians, no different in significance to the fellowship of Jews, of Muslims, of Hindus, of Buddhists, of Satanists, and so on, doesn't it?

And if one speaks of the fellowship of Christians, well, they're notorious for splintering, not cohering, no? How many sects, how many different fellowships, of Christianity are there now, how many related sects such as the Mormons and the Rastas? And if you recall your history and the Thirty Years War, the nature of those distinct fellowships comes into focus, and we have the picture of an intended unity thought of as maintainable only by force, politics, slaughter and hate.

Skywalker

People note that they are Jedi on censuses.

How does Jediism teach people life lessons and how does it make an impact on history? It teaches that suffering comes from desires and it's good not to desire things, but you don't need Buddhism to know that not all things are beneficial and keeping it simple is better.

Skywalker

But Vishnu came to earth to save people more often than Jesus did.

There are no parallels with Vishnu and the human legal system. Jesus died for our sins because sins are crimes that require a penalty and God is love and he doesn't want us to have to make the payment. Vishnu didn't die for our sins.

Redemptionsong

That means the "Kingdom" is nothing more than the fellowship of Christians, no different in significance to the fellowship of Jews, of Muslims, of Hindus, of Buddhists, of Satanists, and so on, doesn't it?

And if one speaks of the fellowship of Christians, well, they're notorious for splintering, not cohering, no? How many sects, how many different fellowships, of Christianity are there now, how many related sects such as the Mormons and the Rastas? And if you recall your history and the Thirty Years War, the nature of those distinct fellowships comes into focus, and we have the picture of an intended unity thought of as maintainable only by force, politics, slaughter and hate.

There will be no perfect peace on earth until our present heaven and earth is replaced by a new heaven and earth [Revelation 21]. Now is a time of division and war. The only real peace that exists, at present, is the peace that exists in the hearts of believers. Those that are born again of the Spirit of Christ share an understanding of this inner peace and assurance.

'He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.' [Revelation 21:7]