• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How best to argue against creationists

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Hi there. Just found the site and joined. How interesting! My 2 cents worth is this. The bible states that a day to God could be a thousand years. I believe that the days of creation are just periods of time and that's a bible based belief. So how old the earth is is not in any way a problem for me and neither is 'big bang theory'. The scientific theory of a void planet, then animals, then man agrees with the bible writings. As for creation. The theory of evolution is just that a theory. It is a theory because there is no proof as yet. Scientists believed for a while they had found some 'cromagnon' man or something but it was found to be fraudulent. Dinosaurs, which pre date man, is not a theory as there is proof. I remain amazed that science has dug up all sorts of bones, DNA and fossils that pre date mankind. Yet they have never found a creature that is in the middle genetically. Natural selection and species advancement is not contrary to bible teachings. Science has never found any interspecies of any kind. When science has forced the mating it produces sterile offspring. If one bases ones beliefs on scientific fact. The fact that midway primates have not ever been found is evidence on the side of creation. Why has man found all sorts of bones and DNA that pre date man and yet nothing in between. Curious! Could Adam and Eve be mutant freakes that got together and started mankind? Was mankind about where Adam and Eve were taken and put in the garden of Eden and given favouratism in starting the line of chosen people?
The bible is a guide for mankinds spirituality. It's pupose is not to answer questions about everything. After all it says there will be a reurrection of the righteous and unrighteous anyway. If there was proof either way it would not be a matter of faith.

Ack, more feces!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hi there. Just found the site and joined. How interesting! My 2 cents worth is this. The bible states that a day to God could be a thousand years. I believe that the days of creation are just periods of time and that's a bible based belief. So how old the earth is is not in any way a problem for me and neither is 'big bang theory'. The scientific theory of a void planet, then animals, then man agrees with the bible writings. As for creation. The theory of evolution is just that a theory. It is a theory because there is no proof as yet. Scientists believed for a while they had found some 'cromagnon' man or something but it was found to be fraudulent. Dinosaurs, which pre date man, is not a theory as there is proof. I remain amazed that science has dug up all sorts of bones, DNA and fossils that pre date mankind. Yet they have never found a creature that is in the middle genetically. Natural selection and species advancement is not contrary to bible teachings. Science has never found any interspecies of any kind. When science has forced the mating it produces sterile offspring. If one bases ones beliefs on scientific fact. The fact that midway primates have not ever been found is evidence on the side of creation. Why has man found all sorts of bones and DNA that pre date man and yet nothing in between. Curious! Could Adam and Eve be mutant freakes that got together and started mankind? Was mankind about where Adam and Eve were taken and put in the garden of Eden and given favouratism in starting the line of chosen people?
The bible is a guide for mankinds spirituality. It's pupose is not to answer questions about everything. After all it says there will be a reurrection of the righteous and unrighteous anyway. If there was proof either way it would not be a matter of faith.

And here we find, collected in a single post, several of the falsehoods, disinformation, ignorance and contradictions of the bible-believing creationist.

I have to admit, it's hard to know where to start deconstructing it, and it does get fatiguing trying to teach each new creationist some basic scientific information.

The spelling is fairly typical as well.

And WTF is an "interspecies?"

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.K. let's start with the first mention of anything vaguely scientific:
The theory of evolution is just that a theory.

Dude! Look up what a scientific theory is and get back to us when you're suitably embarrassed!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
And here we find, collected in a single post, several of the falsehoods, disinformation, ignorance and contradictions of the bible-believing creationist.

That's just a fancy way of describing feces thrown against the glass.

I have to admit, it's hard to know where to start deconstructing it, and it does get fatiguing trying to teach each new creationist some basic scientific information.

All you can do is try to hose it off the glass.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
The theory of evolution is just that a theory. It is a theory because there is no proof as yet. Scientists believed for a while they had found some 'cromagnon' man or something but it was found to be fraudulent.

Natural selection and species advancement is not contrary to bible teachings. Science has never found any interspecies of any kind. When science has forced the mating it produces sterile offspring. If one bases ones beliefs on scientific fact. The fact that midway primates have not ever been found is evidence on the side of creation. Why has man found all sorts of bones and DNA that pre date man and yet nothing in between. If there was proof either way it would not be a matter of faith.

I have a feeling that I may be wasting my time but I'll try anyway.

Cro-magnon wasn't a hoax. Piltdown man was a hoax. But thankfully we have much more than Piltdown and Cro-Magnon to work with.

Ardipithecus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australopithecus afarensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo habilis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo erectus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo antecessor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo heidelbergensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo neanderthalensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, the fossil record is but a fraction of the evidence for evolution. If you are interested then I, or one of the others, will try to lay it all out for you.

Last edited:

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
The theory of evolution is just that a theory.

Also, you need to understand that the word "theory" does not mean "random stab in the dark"

Theory - A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory"

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yet they have never found a creature that is in the middle genetically. Natural selection and species advancement is not contrary to bible teachings. Science has never found any interspecies of any kind.
This poster does not understand what the Theory of Evolution (ToE) says. He has obtained his understanding from the popular media or possibly church, and is at a comic book level. This is the sort of poster who would benefit greatly from learning what ToE actually is.

The problem with this kind of assertion is that it makes no sense. It's literally gibberish. It's like he's saying, "ToE is false because there are no unicorns in my water glass," and you're left kind of going--wha?! You have to explain such basic stuff first.

To the poster: Every species is a species, and every species is in between two other species, living or extinct. Think of all of life as a continuum of species gradually shading from one to another. In this sense, every species, and none, is an "interspecies" or "in the middle."

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I think you're displaying how ToE proponents 'handle' people who disagree with them. They resort to ridicule and insults. That is a pretty standard response. But it doesn't prove anything.
Sure it does. It proves the contempt in which we hold people that are adamant in their willful ignorance.

Oh - and as one of the YEC'ers mentioned earlier - "willful ignorance" truly is a form of dishonesty. If one is offended by that, then they should quit lying to themselves.

newhope101

'
So long as they have their faith nothing you show them about the fossil record, dating methods, etc, will change their position.

My understanding of the fossil record is that nothing has ever been found that is a mid species. Species evolving into a very different species is very different to natural selection which the bible does not disagree with. I won't mention the desperation of the scientist that made the fake cro magnon man.

The fact that although we have found all sorts of creatures of all sizes that predate man yet nothing of interspecies of man or anythiong else is....I'm afraid my friend...evidence on the side of creation.

If there was evidence of evolution it would not be called the THEORY of evolution. We don't have the theory of dinosuars.. and why..because there is proof.

Please post this evidence for evolution you speak of so all can debate!

newhope101

So where's the proof big guy..seeing as you you feel you have all the smart answers.

Whose Kent Hovind? Is he someone with alot of opinions but not much else!

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
My understanding of the fossil record is that nothing has ever been found that is a mid species. Species evolving into a very different species is very different to natural selection which the bible does not disagree with. I won't mention the desperation of the scientist that made the fake cro magnon man.

I already explained to you, Cro-magnon was NOT a hoax. Piltdown man was a hoax and the man who created it was hardly desperate. Charles Dawson was his name and he had a history of faking historical finds and the majority of them had nothing to do with evolution.

Cro-Magnon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Piltdown Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charles Dawson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact that although we have found all sorts of creatures of all sizes that predate man yet nothing of interspecies of man or anythiong else is....I'm afraid my friend...evidence on the side of creation.

Once again

Ardipithecus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australopithecus afarensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo habilis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo erectus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo antecessor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo heidelbergensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo neanderthalensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and just for giggles:

List of Transitional Fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there was evidence of evolution it would not be called the THEORY of evolution. We don't have the theory of dinosuars.. and why..because there is proof.

So then how do you explain the theory of gravity, the heliocentric theory, or the germ theory of disease?

Once again:

Theory - A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena; "theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"; "true in fact and theory

Last edited:

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
Whose Kent Hovind? Is he someone with alot of opinions but not much else!

Oh, god......can't....take...the......................***ERROR***

The_Evelyonian has been exposed to an unsafe level of irony and has been shut down to prevent further damage.

Last edited:

newhope101

It is easy to be a smart a..e. I am open to change. I do not want hope if there is none. The bible was written at a time where germs were unheard of. Funny thing that the commandments to Moses consisted of rules for hygiene, which to them was tradition. In the light of science we see the sense of it.
By the way..have you heard of the in fighting currently in the scientific community that had carbon dated items in deep strata that came back to be dated earlier that upper strata items. Curious, even the scientists are confused....
So all you evolutionists please try to release me from this false idea. Take your time. I'll be back. Point me to this 'proof'. I say there will no posts of this nature. Rather only an insultive banter of people with opinions that have no back up. I also say there will be no proof because it is a theory. Science itself has stated the obvious! Eat your hearts out guys and gals...go for the juggular!

Noaidi

slow walker
I also say there will be no proof because it is a theory. Science itself has stated the obvious!

I think you will find that eventually no-one will engage with you on this thread because you seem to be repeating the same thing and not acknowledging that we are responding to your requests.

Take the time to read the responses people here are giving you, newhope.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
How about we start a thread for you, newhope, evolution 101 or something like that? It doesn't really belong here.