• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It is not my fault if the EU is the shadiest institution Europe has ever had.
Shadiest in the last 2000 years

The EU is the first European institution, unless you want to include empires like the Romans and the Third Reich.

Altfish

Veteran Member
EnJBRzYXMAY4m41

Altfish

Veteran Member
So, have I got this right?
We have left the EU, so that we can pursue improved trade deals with the world, after some, costly to the tax-payer, negotiations we have a trade deal with Canada that is exactly the same as we had as a member of the EU????

And the Brexiteers are cheering it from the rafters.

Am I missing something here?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We have left the EU, so that we can pursue improved trade deals with the world, after some, costly to the tax-payer, negotiations we have a trade deal with Canada that is exactly the same as we had as a member of the EU????

Something has changed.
The EU is weakening thanks to Brexit.;)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

No, I think you got all the salient points there.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That sounds like a "I'll cut my nose off to spite my face" argument.

The truth is..I heard Italians saddened by Brexit.
But they think it is the EU who disappointed Britain...so they think Britain was right. And the EU was wrong...

Altfish

Veteran Member
The truth is..I heard Italians saddened by Brexit.
But they think it is the EU who disappointed Britain...so they think Britain was right. And the EU was wrong...
You mean the EU should have rolled over and given them the deal Britain wanted - brilliant, that's what the Brexiteers said would happen - it was always fantasy land.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I notice that you selectively quoted!!
The truth is...
I believe Europe will be more and more Nationalist-like in the future.
I know how the British have always repelled Nationalism, so Brexit will look like a liberation in the future, trust me.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
The truth is...
I believe Europe will be more and more Nationalist-like in the future.
I know how the British have always repelled Nationalism, so Brexit will look like a liberation in the future, trust me.

No, I won't trust a popularist/alt-right supporter.
It may well happen but that doesn't make it better.
If you asked the population they'd vote to bring back capital punishment - luckily we stopped that more than half a century ago.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No, I won't trust a popularist/alt-right supporter.
It may well happen but that doesn't make it better.
If you asked the population they'd vote to bring back capital punishment - luckily we stopped that more than half a century ago.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei.