• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hot, Sexy, Sexual Resumes! Get Yours Before They Melt!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes!
But I will admit I quite like my dodgy vegetarian roast at the pub :eek:

You're fun to chat with! But perhaps I should have understated that, otherwise you might think the compliment excessive. So here goes: "You are by little means wretched, Horrorble, at least, when it comes to the chance remark."

I stand passionately by my opinion of you. There, now! Back to being American.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You're fun to chat with! But perhaps I should have understated that, otherwise you might think the compliment excessive. So here goes: "You are by little means wretched, Horrorble, at least, when it comes to the chance remark."

ROFLMAO! I just now dreamed of writing a cheesy novel about a married English couple. The novel progresses from their first meeting through their first twenty years of marriage. The final scene would end thus:

That evening, and following their supper of cold blood pudding, the two of them sat by their fireplace for an hour, each in his or her own chair, each with his or her own book, as was their custom most evenings. And there should be nothing out of the ordinary for the author of this novel to mention about them, except that Henry, at some point that evening, looked up from his tome to say to Ann, with a measure of feeling in his voice that was unusual to Henry, ""You are by little means wretched, Ann, at least, when it comes to the chance remark."

"Don't be a fool, Henry", Ann replied after the moment it took for her to regain her composure, for the remark had greatly moved her, "You presume to much!"

The couple now -- for the warmth of Henry's remark had made them both realize they were indeed a couple now -- the couple quietly returned to their books.

Last edited:

Horrorble

ROFLMAO! I just now dreamed of writing a cheesy novel about a married English couple. The novel progresses from their first meeting through their first twenty years of marriage. The final scene would end thus:

That evening, and following their supper of cold blood pudding, the two of them sat by their fireplace for an hour, each in his or her own chair, each with his or her own book, as was their custom most evenings. And there should be nothing out of the ordinary for the author of this novel to mention about them, except that Henry, at some point that evening, looked up from his tome to say to Ann, with a measure of feeling in his voice that was unusual to Henry, ""You are by little means wretched, Ann, at least, when it comes to the chance remark."

"Don't be a fool, Henry", Ann replied after the moment it took for her to regain her composure, for the remark had greatly moved her, "You presume to much!"

The couple now -- for the warmth of Henry's remark had made them both realize they were indeed a couple now -- the couple quietly returned to their books.

Lol! We aren't that bad, oh wait, come to think of it I can't really take a compliment myself :p

Horrorble

No you see you are doing it all wrong, first you are meant to make fun of me and embarrass me, then compliment me afterwards, that is how we do it in England.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
No you see you are doing it all wrong, first you are meant to make fun of me and embarrass me, then compliment me afterwards, that is how we do it in England.

Hmm...tell me if I'm getting closer:

"Damn me, Horrorble, but the cut of your knickers would cause even a Caribbean pirate to join the priesthood. I certainly do enjoy our conversations, though. You've such interesting takes on things!"

Horrorble

Hmm...tell me if I'm getting closer:

"Damn me, Horrorble, but the cut of your knickers would cause even a Caribbean pirate to join the priesthood. I certainly do enjoy our conversations, though. You've such interesting takes on things!"

Getting there, getting there, but it's more like "hahaha so did you forget to brush your hair this morning? No but it does look good on you."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Getting there, getting there, but it's more like "hahaha so did you forget to brush your hair this morning? No but it does look good on you."

I think I might have it now. Thanks! That pattern is one you hear now and then in America, too. But I don't believe it's nearly as popular as the straight up compliment. And it's true what people say about Americans, so far as I can see, we do over-compliment. "Horrorble, you are by far the most interesting conversationalist I've come across in ages!!!!!!!!" Please note the tendency to compare the subject with others!

Horrorble

I think I might have it now. Thanks! That pattern is one you hear now and then in America, too. But I don't believe it's nearly as popular as the straight up compliment. And it's true what people say about Americans, so far as I can see, we do over-compliment. "Horrorble, you are by far the most interesting conversationalist I've come across in ages!!!!!!!!" Please note the tendency to compare the subject with others!

I have to admit the Americans I have met tend to be really nice, I mean rreeaallyy nice, it's actually really shocking for me! I have to sit down and rest after all that niceness.
It's ok Sunstone I know I'm great! (See can't take a compliment.)

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
RESUME OF

John Pickle

JOB OBJECTIVE

Secure an entry position with full benefits and possibility of upward mobility. Entrepreneur and a self starter.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Good with electronics and all kinds of technology. Can also make good desserts, do auto work and tie knots.

WORK HISTORY

Glass Window Cryogenics: Still life testing volunteer occasionally from 1988...present
Fresh Crush Hush-puppy: Head crusher and fresh puppy super server
Oranged Julius: Wax surfaces, dip cones, do nothing

EDUCATION:

Graduate of Purselee's Kindergarden concentrating in rubber duckies

REFERENCES:

Burnee Hipster (old friend, no address or phone number available)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have to admit the Americans I have met tend to be really nice, I mean rreeaallyy nice, it's actually really shocking for me! I have to sit down and rest after all that niceness.

Finally! Evidence that my devious and cunning plan to make you dizzy might be paying off!

It's ok Sunstone I know I'm great! (See can't take a compliment.)

An Australian woman who lived for a while in the US wrote an article about that. She said she came to genuinely admire Americans for the way they responded to compliments with a simple "Thanks", rather than -- as she had been taught to -- respond to them with a self-depreciating remark.

But it's not all of us that simply thank someone. A whole lot of Americans will say something self-depreciating, etc.

Horrorble

An Australian woman who lived for a while in the US wrote an article about that. She said she came to genuinely admire Americans for the way they responded to compliments with a simple "Thanks", rather than -- as she had been taught to -- respond to them with a self-depreciating remark.

But it's not all of us that simply thank someone. A whole lot of Americans will say something self-depreciating, etc.

It's just a front to cover up the shyness, because then if you accept the compliment you blush and feel all funny inside.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I had to learn to just say 'Thanks'. I thought that was what everyone was expected to do?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
l often go self-deprecating. l sometimes do this by making some outrageously big-headed claim, whilst having my tongue firmly in my cheek, though only around those who get my sense of humour.

So something like 'Hey Dave, l like your shirt!'
could be met with either

'Yeah, it's amazing how good thing look when l actually remember to iron them'
OR
'Actually, the shirt's crappy, but my incredible good looks are making it APPEAR to be a great shirt.'