• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is not natural and is not normality

gsa

Smart and dumb people can be atheist, and not understand a word of scripture. It does not make one right usually when they don't understand a subject. You should dwell on that for a time.

Very few believers understand their scriptures or their traditions. National polling, at least, consistently reveals that atheists have a much better understanding of those scriptures. And while one need not be intelligent to be an atheist (I have known some pretty dumb atheists), there's a strong case to be made that religious beliefs diminish the higher you climb up the IQ scale. Make of that what you wish.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I generally goof around, but I'm serious when I say you need to consider counseling for all of that self-hate.
How can you love anything if you can't love yourself properly?

Are you male or female?
I remember my self-loathing phase. The worst years of my life were my closeted years from 4th grade on. Listening to my pastor portray every LGBT person as some horrible boogie-man predator out to get everyone, when in reality I just wanted to be like everyone else.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm curious to know what there is to "fear" exactly. We don't bite, "teh ghey" isn't contagious, so what exactly are they "scared" of?

Change itself, perhaps. Or certain questions that are not so much difficult as outside their confort zone.

A female friend of mine once said that she only had male masseusses because she feared a female one might turn out to be a lesbian and she did not want that.

Yeah, I also wonder why exactly a man is safer or more acceptable. It is somewhat funny, even.

The most I can understand of that is that she (and many others) simply do not feel confortable talking openly about the simple fact that people have sexual drives and feel attractions to other people. It goes against their expectations of etiquette or perhaps just their habits, and they fear/hope that having to occasionally actually ask people whether they are hetero or something else instead might make them appear... out of control perhaps. Or sex-obsessed, or rude, or something.

When push comes to shove, many people lead remarkably superficial lives, with a lot of significant decisions being guided by assumed, incomplete or just bigoted information.

Yet another fringe benefit of questioning the prejudice...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
how strange. Most women agree with her...
come on...

Most people wrongly apply the same technique of vaginal intercourse to anal penetration.

There are plenty of educational sources online for learning pleasurable anal penetration, male and female.

gsa

Leaving God aside, saying that homosexual sex is as perfect and natural as heterosexual is a very insulting statement.

Leaving superstitions and pseudoscience aside, applying terms like "perfect" and "natural" to describe any human sexual act, to distinguish it from other sexual acts, is nonsensical. This only makes sense if you have a warped view of nature and humanity.

Baladas

An Págánach
Leaving God aside, saying that homosexual sex is as perfect and natural as heterosexual is a very insulting statement.

Do you say this (that it is not perfect) from experience? If not, where exactly do you say it from?

Many animals participate in homosexual activities. It is quite natural.

Change itself, perhaps. Or certain questions that are not so much difficult as outside their confort zone.

Those who don't realize that change is constant tend to fear it.

jonathan180iq

I remember my self-loathing phase. The worst years of my life were my closeted years from 4th grade on. Listening to my pastor portray every LGBT person as some horrible boogie-man predator out to get everyone, when in reality I just wanted to be like everyone else.
That's all I'm saying - This concept that one life is better than another is just absolute crap.

I don't care whether someone imposes that concept on others or on themselves, it is wrong. If a pastor tells his flock that all gays are terrible, and the reason that AIDS has spread around the world, or an individual tells themselves that they aren't as good as someone else simply because they are true to themselves... either way it's just wrong. I can only imagine that this phase comes from somehow believing the crap that they have heard all of their lives about their inferiority. It's a damn shame.

jonathan180iq

I'm curious to know what there is to "fear" exactly. We don't bite, "teh ghey" isn't contagious, so what exactly are they "scared" of?

How long did it take for women to gain a somewhat equal footing in society?
How long did it take for "'dem blacks" to get some rights?
How long is it taking for the concept of "foreigners" and "towel heads" to shift in the country?

These primitive societal facets are a plague to human equality and cultural justice.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
That's all I'm saying - This concept that one life is better than another is just absolute crap.

I don't care whether someone imposes that concept on others or on themselves, it is wrong. If a pastor tells his flock that all gays are terrible, and the reason that AIDS has spread around the world, or an individual tells themselves that they aren't as good as someone else simply because they are true to themselves... either way it's just wrong. I can only imagine that this phase comes from somehow believing the crap that they have heard all of their lives about their inferiority. It's a damn shame.
I think the hypocrisy of it all is what made me the angriest. The same guys I'd see bad mouth me for being a bi guy were the same ones who would go straight home and yank it to lesbians. And yet there they are on the front pew of First Baptist Church that following Sunday morning, amen-ing anytime the pastor brings up "sexual immorality." It really sickens me.

jonathan180iq

Saying someone needs councelling, whether apt or not, is name calling and really not right. And as for goofing around, then you just waste our time trolling.
Well that's between Hay and myself, isn't it? If he's offended by my recommendation then I'll apologize.
Feel free to continue to reinforce in him that idea that who he is, his lifestyle, personal choices, preferences, and inclinations are somehow lesser than people who prefer females. I'm sure that's helpful.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have to answer this I guess. I can't believe that your really serious, or perhaps you are just following the modern trends.

I find that statement offensive. The question is very sensible, legitimate and needed.

One can knock a screw in with a plane, it does not make it right just because it worked. It is an adulteration of something. I can't believe grown up people cannot see this, or perhaps they choose not to see this to fit in with the crowd, who knows?

More like we are respectful of reality over superstition and fear, if you truly want to know.

jonathan180iq

I think the hypocrisy of it all is what made me the angriest. The same guys I'd see bad mouth me for being a bi guy were the same ones who would go straight home and yank it to lesbians. And yet there they are on the front pew of First Baptist Church that following Sunday morning, amen-ing anytime the pastor brings up "sexual immorality." It really sickens me.

One of the things that I've always found interesting about this Christian agenda against homosexuals is their rabid focus on one particular aspect of human behavior... Christianity is easily the largest organization in the United States, managing millions of followers and harnessing hundreds of billions of dollars worth of capital. Instead of focusing in on things like income inequality, poverty, illness, domestic abuse, racism, homelessness, hunger, or any other worthy cause, they waste their time complaining about how people have sex and rallying behind these empty causes.

I've never once seen a rally against lying - or the illegal overcharging of interest to sub-prime mortgages. I've never once read a news article about someone being skinned alive by being pulled across the pavement by a pick up truck for telling lots of fibs... I have, however, seen plenty of those types of things focused on men who hold hands.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Well that's between Hay and myself, isn't it? If he's offended by my recommendation then I'll apologize.
Feel free to continue to reinforce in him that idea that who he is, his lifestyle, personal choices, preferences, and inclinations are somehow lesser than people who prefer females. I'm sure that's helpful.
People like that are the reason that people like Hay and others sink into this self-hating mindset for something they cannot help. If you are told you are "disgusting" enough times, you are apt to believe it. Trust me. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

jonathan180iq

People like that are the reason that people like Hay and others sink into this self-hating mindset for something they cannot help. If you are told you are "disgusting" enough times, you are apt to believe it. Trust me. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.
image.american-apparel-unisex-baseball-tee.white-black.w460h520b3z1.jpg

This one?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Most people wrongly apply the same technique of vaginal intercourse to anal penetration.

There are plenty of educational sources online for learning pleasurable anal penetration, male and female.

okay...I am not discouraging people from having anal sex. But the people who do it, that's because they are anatomically predisposed.

You shouldn't encourage neither men nor women who are not anatomically apt to have it .

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Leaving superstitions and pseudoscience aside, applying terms like "perfect" and "natural" to describe any human sexual act, to distinguish it from other sexual acts, is nonsensical. This only makes sense if you have a warped view of nature and humanity.

:confused: as I said before, it is absolutely natural that two gay men love each other and have a sex life together.
But claiming that what they do in bed is as biologically perfect as what straight people do...well...it means to be blind